Most Inept Military in Anime

I'd have to say that as far as inept militaries go, nothing beats the good ole' Robotech Defense Force. Under their watch, the earth gets invaded not once, not twice, but THREE times. Good job, guys.

How very true. Great job defending the homeplanet RDF! :angry: I will never put my faith in any Robotechnical Defense Force! :D

My vote for most inept military in anime would be those that others have already stated... but one that sticks out in my mind is in the one-off anime movie Windaria. The valley people who mobilize an army of crossbow wielding, blimp riding, bandana having, downright hairdressing troops against the vicious mechanical nazi-like war machine of the darklanders. Who in their right mind thinks it is a good idea to take on tanks with arrows? The only other mystery that is even more unbelievable than that is that somehow the valley dwellers and the darklanders fight to a relative draw! Tanks, guns, helmets and armor against ballons, crossbows, wooden vehicles and suave uniforms... it should have been a bloodbath! <_<

My vote for worst military ever (non-anime): The Empire, who cannot beat a group of midget bears with gliders, logs, and some rocks, despite the fact they have an entire space station of troops in orbit and have at-ats, at-sts and speeder bikes. Pathetic. Anyone ever heard of air support? A couple of tie-bombers might have stopped that rebel strike force and their furry friends real quick.

Worst military, anime: UN Spacy of Macross II. What was going on there? Complete lack of foresight? No capable tacticians in the entire navy? The Marduk almost destroyed the earth despite the fact they had multiple Macross cannon platforms. The worst is when they had the fleet deployed and the Marduk folded in above them! Why have your entire fleet spread across one axis of space?

My vote for worst military ever (non-anime): The Empire, who cannot beat a group of midget bears with gliders, logs, and some rocks, despite the fact they have an entire space station of troops in orbit and have at-ats, at-sts and speeder bikes. Pathetic. Anyone ever heard of air support? A couple of tie-bombers might have stopped that rebel strike force and their furry friends real quick.

BAHAHAHH I totally forgot that one. What really got to me is when emperor palpatine says "my best legion of troops are guarding the facility" then not a minute later they are getting killed by furry creatures. Man if this was the best the empire had to offer.....

My vote for worst military ever (non-anime):  The Empire, who cannot beat a group of midget bears with gliders, logs, and some rocks, despite the fact they have an entire space station of troops in orbit and have at-ats, at-sts and speeder bikes.  Pathetic.  Anyone ever heard of air support?  A couple of tie-bombers might have stopped that rebel strike force and their furry friends real quick.

BAHAHAHH I totally forgot that one. What really got to me is when emperor palpatine says "my best legion of troops are guarding the facility" then not a minute later they are getting killed by furry creatures. Man if this was the best the empire had to offer.....

How about the time when an unarmed space smuggler charges at a full squad of fully armoured and armed Storm-Troopers, the most elite of the Empire ground forces and said elite troops run away!

I've got a couple votes here.

1. Any army that goes up against a teenager and can't win. (see Anime plotline #4782847629)

2. The Iraqi Army.

3. The Jaffa in Stargate. C'mon guys. Silver skullcaps!?

4. The United Federation of Planets' Starfleet. They can't even fight the Klingons man!

from what i could tell, sauron and his legions of dark forces got PWNED everytime they tried to do anything.

5-6 ring wraiths defeated by one guy.

same wraiths on horseback out run by hobbits on foot.

SAME "unstopable" wraiths defeated by river.

20+ Uruk-Hai killed by Boromir. failed to get ring

Remaining Uruk-Hai failed to keep Hobbits they DID get.

Balrog, killed by Wizard.

10000 Orcs/Uruk-Hai defeated by Rohan.

Sauromon defeated by Ents

it goes on an on, sauron really had zero victorys as far as i could tell..

some dark lord.

from what i could tell, sauron and his legions of dark forces got PWNED everytime they tried to do anything.

some dark lord.

Yeah, but Sauron was a wuss. Melkor was where it was at. Sauron was pretty crafty too... I mean.. tricking his enemies into using the rings he made, then making the one ring to control them all?

My vote for worst military ever (non-anime):  The Empire, who cannot beat a group of midget bears with gliders, logs, and some rocks, despite the fact they have an entire space station of troops in orbit and have at-ats, at-sts and speeder bikes.  Pathetic.  Anyone ever heard of air support?  A couple of tie-bombers might have stopped that rebel strike force and their furry friends real quick.

How about the time when an unarmed space smuggler charges at a full squad of fully armoured and armed Storm-Troopers, the most elite of the Empire ground forces and said elite troops run away!

Running from a limp-wristed smuggler... that's pretty pathetic. Empire= win.

some dark lord.

Yeah, but Sauron was a wuss. Melkor was where it was at. Sauron was pretty crafty too... I mean.. tricking his enemies into using the rings he made, then making the one ring to control them all?

Yeah, but Ungoliant was the real badass. She devoured the tree of light and destroyed Melkor. IIRC ;)

some dark lord.

Yeah, but Ungoliant was the real badass. She devoured the tree of light and destroyed Melkor. IIRC ;)

my point is that Saurons Army accomplished nothing aside from sacking some rohan farms. thus, bad evil military :-)

I'd have to say that as far as inept militaries go, nothing beats the good ole' Robotech Defense Force. Under their watch, the earth gets invaded not once, not twice, but THREE times. Good job, guys.

Yeah, well like I pointed out earlier, what about the guys who actualy lost to them?

Yeah, well like I pointed out earlier, what about the guys who actualy lost to them?

so true, all three times gets beaten by forces that are microscopic compared to their power...

Well...the Invid didn't really lose to the RDF. They just said "The hell with this" and left. Had the Regis stayed, there's no doubt that she could have wiped out the remaining resistance, just like she nuked that fleet as she was leaving.

Yeah, the Inbit said "You dumbasses are going to destroy your own planet and everyone on it because you can't beat us normally? Later! We'll find a better place."

The inbit weren't very smart to let a bunch or 2nd liberation guys gather right next to reflex point though. Come on. Both sides did stupid stuff all throughout Mospaeda.

Earth fleet there gets my vote though as dumbest military.

Actually I thought the Southern Cross/ Robotech masters, the Earth fleet couldnt't do jack crap... and Jack left town. (In Southern Cross it was a different planet not Earth.) That fleet and the supreme commander were useless. Send a fleet up only to get owned. They keep sending fleets up only to be get continually owned. Only a Squadron of Hovertanks lead by a winey blonde were able to beat the enemy ... Sheesh.

My choice goes to the Free Planet Alliance from the "Legend of Galactic Heroes".

They`ve attack this space fortress known as Iserlohn fortress for 30 years (6 times) and got kicked very hard with casualties numbering in millions. (BTW, the Iserlohn got only 15,000 ship in their defensive fleet not including the Iserlohn anti-fleet weapon "Thor Hammer").

#############WARNING!!! SPOILER for LoGH Fans###########

The funny thing is, during the 7th assault, they managed to capture Iserlohn with only a ragtag fleet with half the size of normal fleet, and without any casualties.

Finally, they move into offensive by attacking the Galactic Empire with over 32 million soldiers in 8 fleets, only to be routed back (after capturing 200 star system which later abandoned by them), and lost 2/3 of its forces. :D

A very dumb suicide military? or a very cunning commanders?

I say a dumb FPA commanders and a brilliant Empire Admiral :lol:

have you watched LOGH beyond episode 40?

also the FPA wasn't really inept. They suffered from one terrible battle plan that the admirals themselves condemned. Admirals like Ulafu, Bulock were certainly a match for their counterparts like Reuenthal and Bittenfield, and the FPA's forces were never shown to be inept tactically.

As someone pointed out before political leadership was lacking as well.