Finally my display cases are ready!

Anubis

Finally I have the stuff in my display cases and shelves the way I want them. All I need to do now is adjust some of the valk flight angles on the bookshelf a little, and attach the micro missles to the 1/48 Hikaru FP I have opened up. No pictures/wallscrolls on the wall yet either. :(

Essentally done though. :)

Someday when I have more space I'll buy a 3rd display case and spread out better, but for now this will more than suffice. Unfortunately after I buy the MG Freedom and build it and my HGUC GP03S (suit only) there will then be no more space in the gundam section, and if I get any more something will have to be put away, or go on top of the bookshelf or one of the cases. My family already told me before I had too much crap. Now they shook their heads quietly, but left me alone.

Now the pics.

Wide angle of cases

post-26-1089701149_thumb.jpg

desk shelves

My Zeon flag will go behind the desk.

post-26-1089701333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Very nice, ANUBIS, both the collection 'n da display cases! Got one question, though: did ya, by any chance, pick up the display cases from IKEA? Coz I think I might have seen that kind when I picked up mine. :)

Your 2 pillar things look crowded...looks like u gotta give me some of them. :lol:

I was thinking of buying those stuff from IKEA but I don't really like the idea of stuff at legs level. You gotta crouch to look at them kinda thing. So I was thinking of buying a cabinet/shelf of sorts which you can hang on the wall with glass displays.....or if possible a glass box which can be hung on top of my monitor..... ;)

Yes, those are two Ingo display cases from Ikea. I thought about the Detolf (and like the general look of that all-glass case better), but the Ingo was cheaper, and had an extra shelf to work with, 5 vs the Detolf's 4. So the Ingo was the winner since I can only fit two display cases. Just put the "lower" priority items on the bottom and you get used to the level pretty quick. My only issue with the Ingo case is the wood bar that comes across the center shelf. If you're by the case you can see fine, but as you can see, depending on the angle you can't see CM Roy's head, or the Aile Strike's head. Getting used to it though. The shelf with the Aile Strike needs to be that height so I can make sure the Frredom will fit when the MG comes out.

I was actually surprized that I fit all 5 Eva's in the Upper right. Crowded, but I like the effect. I kinda want the SOC 03 and 04 now to match the front 3. The die cast bug is biting me again, though I try to resist.

Edited by Anubis

Very nice collection adn setup you've got there Anubis.

I also have an Ingo display case sitting in my room, and there's been an on-going war between my Yammie Strike VF-1S and Masterpiece Convoy for control of the top shelf (I'm pretty much out of room).

I also picked up one of those nifty IKEA display lights, but been too lazy to do the necessary drill work to attach it securely. :(

Great price. Nice case.

god damn thats badass! I Love seeing other peoples toys you got some neat stuff I've never seen before! Deffinitly abunch I'd yoink from there! Too bad I was never really into macross stuff before... Still not really into it now buts its a toyline I admire!

Edited by Synch

nice collection, i cannot wait to see more of it. how much do those cases cost anyhow i would not mind getting one. also do you have to order these? I do not know where to get something like this from.

thanks

Chris

Nice collection.  It makes me miss the days that I lived by myself where I could set up my stuff.  My displays always look so crowded though because I try and cram everything in. 

Anubis, is that Misato on the hutch a statue?

That's the pre-painted 1/6 Misato Statue I got from Hobby Fan. Here's the thread from when I bought her. The Lacus statue I also got pre-painted from Hobby Fan.

I was also quite excited to get the Darth Vader I hunted for online out of its box finally, and up top where he's supposed to be..

Edited by Anubis

Those Cabinets are nice. I went the path of getting one through a store fixture store. Here is my one crowded 4ft by 6 ft cabinet. I need two more the rest of my TF's.One for Beast Wars, BM and RID and another for Armada, Energon and Universe This is a pic of all my G1, G2 and Machine Wars. Zoom in at this link http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1089848756.gif

post-26-1089848532_thumb.gif

Edited by Myriad

ohhh that is very nice, how much did it cost and where did you get it from?

chris

Check around your town and see if there are any "Store Fixture" Stores.

Here is a place that sells them. http://www.kc-store-fixtures.com/eco_wall_units.htm I do not know how good they are. You will probably get reamed for shipping online. That is why I say look around your area. The store I bought it from charged me 30$ to deliver it and place it right where I wanted it.

Does anyone know if there are other types of IKEA ones in the store? The online selection seems a bit slim..

Better shots of the lower left shelves. The one I put was a little far.

Seed shelf + GFF Ex-S Gundam. Space reserved for the MG Freedom.

post-26-1089869160_thumb.jpg

The lower two shelves

post-26-1089869204_thumb.jpg

Close up of the dark lord.

post-26-1089869260_thumb.jpg

Vader is awsome! You should have it Vader VS escaflowne though just for laughs :) BTW Look the other way for a second would you?:) YOINK! :p

What is that vader BTW? How hard is it to get/go for these days?

Edited by Synch

Vader is awsome!  You should have it Vader VS escaflowne though just for laughs :)    BTW Look the other way for a second would you?:)  YOINK! :p

What is that vader BTW?  How hard is it to get/go for these days?

That is the Kotobukia 1/7 Pre-painted Soft Vinyl Darth Vader. Seems semi-hard to find online now, and those stores that do have them want a pretty penny for them. I had to hunt to find it for 99 shipped. Don't know what the ebay situation is with these guys. There are a few statues of this line so far (Clone Trooper, Jango Fett, and some others) though the only other one I might conisder is the upcoming Boba Fett, or an Emperor if they make one.

post-26-1089876874_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Back of the box.

post-26-1089876903_thumb.jpg

Those Cabinets are nice. I went the path of getting one through a store fixture store. Here is my one crowded 4ft by 6 ft cabinet. I need two more the rest of my TF's.One for Beast Wars, BM and RID and another for Armada, Energon and Universe This is a pic of all my G1, G2 and Machine Wars. Zoom in at this link http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1089848756.gif

:blink::blink::o