Gundam GPO1/Fb in process

Armor

looks very nice, i have to get mine soon. so which version are you planning on building the normal GP-01 or the FB ?

i just purchased mine from Tisinc so when it gets here maybe i will post some pics of mine as i build it.

chris

Wow! That sucker is huge... I guess I may have to get me one of those...

Keep the progress pics coming...

Looks great! I'm assuming the skeleton has already been painted in the pics, is that so? Didn't know if the PGs have the same gray/blue of most MG kits.

Hey, and do you have any 1/60 Valks? That would be a nice comparison shot!

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Sweet, please keep us updated.

Don't get discouraged, because you have a ton of parts to paint, but it will be worth it.

If you think a PG kit is big, check out my 1/48 GP04G sometime. The 1/48 Yamato only comes to it's crotch, and somehow that seems fitting. :lol:

by the way did you get that 1/48 in already?do you have any pics of it on your self with the other stuff you have? i saw the thread when it was being put together but i would love to see the final version. so are you getting the 1/48 Hi-nu?

Sweet, please keep us updated.

Don't get discouraged, because you have a ton of parts to paint, but it will be worth it.

If you think a PG kit is big, check out my 1/48 GP04G sometime. The 1/48 Yamato only comes to it's crotch, and somehow that seems fitting. :lol:

Show pictures. Is this the GP04 Gerberra Gundam variant or the Zeon variant?

after seeing how the 1/48 valk stacks up to the gp-01fb 1/60 i'm rather confused about its scale. :huh:

i don't know if any of you are familiar with the academy mk-II bootleg its about 15.5 inches, a 1/48 valk comes to about its crotch i always thought that the mk-II bootleg was about 1/40ish

now seeing that picture of the gp-01fb 1/60 against the 1/48 valk puts my scales out of whack. as the picture clearly indicates that a 1/60 gundam is about as large as my mk-II bootleg.

the only way i can reconcile this new evidence with my scale beliefs is to say that the gp-01fb would be significantly larger than a mk-II

so is it correct to say this? :huh:

Christopher B's Gerbera is the Federation version not the Zeon there was no 1/48's of that one (I wish) as for the old Academy bootleg, it is just that, a old bootleg (though a nice one) and i do not know if they during the 1980's really put much thought into it or the packaging. if it is about the same as the gp-01 than it is probally 1/60

also another thing in that pic , that is a 1/60 valk not a 1/48 you can tell by looking at the detail on the legs. so you do not have to finish off your MK-II for the comparison i can do it right now if anyone needs to see, i have the MK-II and a 1/48 so you can get a idea of the size

edited: added more stuff

Edited by zeo-mare

and to add more 'confusion'.....here's an older pic.....

Gundam1.jpg

The 1/43ish Academy is in the back behind 3 DXs and a 1/60 Hybrid F-91.

The Nu and Sazabi are the 1/100 MG kits.

I know it's a bad angle, but like I said...older pic....more confusion :p

Zeo, are you refrring to the Valk in the second pic of the thread?

That's definitely a 1/48 -1J. Those kneecaps and chunky hands.....

I have a 1/60 -1J and it don't look nuthin' like that :D:p

here is a pic of a 1/48 valk along side the Pg MK-II Titan and Zeta, the one on the pic near the GP-01 leg is a 1/60 Valk to be sure

yea i just noticed that it is a 1/48 maybe the 1/48 is way in the background causing it to look small, there is no way the GP-01 is that big. it should be no bigger than a normal PG kit i will find out this wednesday that is when mine is coming in i will post pics of it as i am building it. lloks like you will be having a little bit of compitition Armor in building are 1/60 GP-01 :p do you know which configuration you will be kepping it in yet? Gp-01 or Fullburner mode?

Edited by zeo-mare

here is a pic of a 1/48 valk along side the Pg MK-II Titan and Zeta.........

Aye corrumba!

Man, you gotta get your site going so I can check out more of your stuff!!

Also...my original queston got lost in a previous post, but....

I'm assuming the skeleton has already been painted in the pics, is that so? Didn't know if the PGs have the same gray/blue of most MG kits.Is the leg's skeleton pictured painted black.

Anyone help?

Going on numbers from MAHQ.net (since I don't have my toys at work):

VF-1J - 12.68 meters tall --> in 1/48th scale would be 26.4 cm's tall

GP01-FB - 19.5 meters tall --> in 1/60th scale would be 32.5 cm's tall

Judging by the pictures on MAHQ's website (again, only stuff I have to work with), it appears the hip height of the GP01 should be about 17.33 cm's off the ground (it's about 4/7.5's of the total height). This means the hip of the GP01 should be about 2/3rd's as tall as the VF-1J, reaching up to about the middle of the cockpit. From his picture, the GP01 leg is in front of the VF-1J, and should appear a little larger - and, if you follow the hip axis back to the VF-1J, it does indeed land at about the middle of the cockpit.

I'm assuming the skeleton has already been painted in the pics, is that so? Didn't know if the PGs have the same gray/blue of most MG kits.Is the leg's skeleton pictured painted black.

most of the insides are about the same as a mg kit Blueish grey for some and grey for the others, thr rx-78 is mainly black.

yea i need to get that site going, i am so freekin lazy however, i have the whole gundam fix set, all of the PG's including the Wing Zero, Zaku and a just about finished RX-78 with the G-system ver ka uprade, I painted mine to look like the RX-78 3 with a low viz grey scheme, 30 something MG a ton of Chogokins and Macross 1/48's i just never get around to it :p

soon i promise very soon, (although I have said that for about 6 months :lol: )

Always wanted to paint the sekeletons, but never got around to it. They look a lot better black.

yea i need to get that site going, i am so freekin lazy however, i have the whole gundam fix set, all of the PG's including the Wing Zero, Zaku and a just about finished RX-78 with the G-system ver ka uprade, I painted mine to look like the RX-78 3 with a low viz grey scheme, 30 something MG a ton of Chogokins and Macross 1/48's i just never get around to it
Tell you what.....I'm visiting a buddy tonight over in Mansfield who's also a Gundam/Macross/Anime nut.

Can take a spin over to gawk in awe at all of your stuff......and maybe you'll come across some kits that'll make you say, "Yeah, go ahead and take 'em. I've got so many anyway." You don't even have to get off the couch!! :p:lol:

zeo-mare, I love you're PG MK-II Titan and Zeta, especially your zeta! One thing though, why is zeta's back arched way to much? Back pack weight problem? I almost forgot, can you post pics of your PG Wing Zero? I want to see how you did yours.

Edited by Angel's Fury

yea i will post some pics of the wing in alittle bit, yea the zeta is leaning alittle to the back, the shelf i had him on is alittle bit slanted , it is one that I am getting ready to get rid of for a new one, but for the time being it leans to much forward so i have the zeta leaning alittle bit back so he will not fall, thankfully the shelf is close to the floor so if he does fall of he will not damage.

chris

:o very impressive some people have real skill, i will never get my GP-01 to look like that, i thought about the digital camo, maybe i will do that for it,