I want to see SDF Macross Uncut

n3ptune

If you shop around online (including eBay if you dare), you should be able to get the price down to the $150 range, including shipping.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/ is a good resource.

Edit: Also, you might find a rental store that carries it. In San Jose, there's a Japanese anime specialty store (Nikaku) that has it to rent.

Edited by ewilen

I'd reccomend saving up your money and grabbing the individual 3 disc box sets one at a time whenever you can. I waited well over a year before I was finally able to afford it myself, and it was well worth the wait. AnimEigo did an incredible job restoring the footage and in their subtitles.

I have the robotech:Macross Saga on DVD, but I really want to see the original, subtitled Macross uncut. I can't spend $180 on an Animeigo boxset! Does this mean I'll never see Macross the way it was meant to be seen? ~Hopeless fan

You COULD eBay your Robotech stuff. Seriously after you watch the Orig. you won't EVER pick it up again.

I have the robotech:Macross Saga on DVD, but I really want to see the original, subtitled Macross uncut. I can't spend $180 on an Animeigo boxset! Does this mean I'll never see Macross the way it was meant to be seen? ~Hopeless fan

You COULD eBay your Robotech stuff. Seriously after you watch the Orig. you won't EVER pick it up again.

*Looks at RT cd's gathering dust

A-1 has a point there

You'll forgive me if I don't show much concern for your situation. In this world you have to pay for most things if you want them. Please don't do things like buying HK bootlegs. It's worth the money to pay AnimEigo for their restoration work and high quality release of the series. I saved up my own money and put down $250 to get the complete box set when it came out about 3 years ago. If you take the time to search online, you can get each of the 3-disc box sets for around $50, so there's no need to go on about the high price of things.

*Looks at RT cd's gathering dust

A-1 has a point there

Yep, he sure does... I'm just too lazy to deal with the whole ordeal of getting rid of all of my RT junk.

Dude,

It took me 2 years to save up before I could complete the AnimEigo box set purchase... it was worth the hard work and effort. :)

Sure there are bootlegs here (esp in Malaysia selling for RM 147 or lower) but I was not impressed of the quality (on both DVD and box). Luckily, Amazon do ship overseas and they accept CC.

You'll forgive me if I don't show much concern for your situation.  In this world you have to pay for most things if you want them.  Please don't do things like buying HK bootlegs.  It's worth the money to pay AnimEigo for their restoration work and high quality release of the series.

Word.

Or rent it.

Edited by Gaijin

I already have a copy of DYRL, no worries there. I also would not pirate a company's efforts to finally give fans what they ask for. I am just trying to justify spending 180 bucks on DVDs. If I do buy the boxset I will of course sell my RT collection. I'm only 18, but heck its only one paycheck....right guys? I mean, it's only money! :D My parents definately wouldn't understand my need for 180 dollars in 80s cartoons, but then again, I move out in less than two months. I could always wait until then. Oh well, I'll try and continue to justify the purchase in my head. The real question is: what's better? car parts or anime!

The real question is: what's better? car parts or anime!

The funny thing is, you already answered your question cuz your here.

And I have to ask WTF is an 18 year old getting money to mod his car, yet moan about paying 3-5 bux to watch an episode of Macross SDF-1? You can drop 200 for springs, 50 for Tenzo R steering wheel, 300 for Borla exhaust, and not drop 109 for a re-mastered 9 disc boxed set of one of the most influencial anime in history? :blink:

I was 18 once and I don't remember ever having that much cash back then.

Go buy the full DVD set for 109 bux in that link above. You can always sell it back out for the price you paid, unlike your car or your parts. :D

I am just trying to justify spending 180 bucks on  DVDs. My parents definately wouldn't understand my need for 180 dollars in 80s cartoons...

You're 18. That means you're legally an adult. As an adult, you don't have to justify squat. If your bills are paid and you want to spend the money, go for it. It's no one's business but yours.

Isn't that part of the fun of becoming an adult? B))

Edited by Drad

I put in a robotech DVD once after I bought the Animeigo set. I think I watched about 5 Minutes of it and turned it off. I just can't stand the cheesy child-like dialogue and the horrid singing.

You can get all 9 discs at deepdiscountdvd.com for 13.49 a piece. With the 20% off coupon this week, you can get the whole series for under $100.

I would jump on this if I didn't have the box set already.

Do it, you won't regret it.

Good news for those who care - I had ordered a boost gauge for my car. Turns out, it was not shipped as promised and is a month late: well, it goes out now on overnite shipment, and they gave me half of my money back. The result: I ordered the animeigo set from dvdsoon.com for 100 bucks! Lucky break, huh? Now I can sell my robotech DVDs to my friend and I only lose 10 bucks, but come out on top :D .