Lois Lane casting call.....

Best line on any episode of Smallville (paraphrased).

Lana: What do you want to do with your life, Clark?

Clark: I don't know. I just know that I don't want to wear a suit and fly a lot.

H

Lana Lang was played by Annette O' Toole in Superman III with Chris Reeve back in 1983. She now plays Martha Kent.

http://www.dcuguide.com/MiniWho/L.htm scroll down to Lana Lang

History of Lana on screen:

http://members.aol.com/vartoxv2/lana.html

Thanks! Somehow I was completely oblivious to that 1980's Superboy show. And I still haven't seen Superman III, either. I forgot about Lana's appearance in the Superman movie.

Thanks. The website linked earlier in this thread gave a good summary of her story in the modern Superman, but there wasn't anything about her "classic" persona/story. What was her original relationship to Clark/Superboy...and how did they explain the transition to Lois as his gal pal? Again, talking pre-1986. If you can give a link, that would also be great.

I must say that for being a very goofy show, Smallville is great fun. Both my wife and I think Lex is the coolest character. And I have to give credit to John Glover for adding Lionel Luther to a long string of delightful villains he's played.

Edit: props also to whoever cast Terrance Stamp as Jor-El's voice.

If you look at one of the websites that I posted, one page kind of encapsulates the pre-crisis relationship of Clark Kent/Superman, Lois and Lana.

Something's Gotta Give

While Lana will always be his childhood sweetheart, Lois Lane has proven always to be the love of his life. One needs to remember that Smallville shows the growth and development of the boy character who will grow up to be Superman.

Nice. I wonder if they're going to try to pull it off in Smallville. With the amount of angst Clark has gone through with Lana, they're going to need a very special (not just babelicious) Lois, along with good character development, if they want to make the transition work.

I don't think they'll have clark moving from lana to lois in smallville... that transition like the flying and the cape is more of mark of his maturation and full acceptance of who he is... smallville is all about him figuring that out.

Besides, I think things are still too unresolved with lana... the scene I want to see, which was done so nicely in the comics, is the one where clark finally tells lana about his powers and the sense of responsibility he feels towards humanity.

just a thought but isn't it a little early to introduce lois lane?

i know they're doing a casting call but i don't think it'll be for this coming season. :unsure: it just doesn't make any sense?

honestly, i watched the show for kristen kreuk more than anything else and if she get "replaced" by an actress who isn't quite as hot, i certainly won't be watching as often. :(

shannon elizabeth looks kind of funny. shes hot but theres something weird about her face? maybe cause its not between my.....well you know. ;):lol:

Seriously I do think its just to early for them to bring her into the mix. Now if they go up to the point with him in college then I can see them bring her in for an episode or two. He's still in high school right now, granted going on his senior year but I think its to early for her to be in the mix.

just a thought but isn't it a little early to introduce lois lane?

i know they're doing a casting call but i don't think it'll be for this coming season. :unsure: it just doesn't make any sense?

honestly, i watched the show for kristen kreuk more than anything else and if she get "replaced" by an actress who isn't quite as hot, i certainly won't be watching as often. :(

shannon elizabeth looks kind of funny. shes hot but theres something weird about her face? maybe cause its not between my.....well you know. ;):lol:

Don't worry Kristen won't be replaced and she'll possibly have new love interest. I'm not saying Clark and Lana are splitsville (splitsville, Smallville...Get it...Huh?!!...Never mind...) :p . Lois will appear in four episodes to investigate just what happened to Chloe.

• 4 weeks later...

Would you be more impressed if she was in a chobits costume? :lol:

I gotta agree though, she's not the striking beauty that would distract me from Lana... maybe it's just the pic..

Edited by >EXO<

• 4 weeks later...
Would you be more impressed if she was in a chobits costume? :lol:

I gotta agree though, she's not the striking beauty that would distract me from Lana... maybe it's just the pic..

Nah, I'd be more impressed if....well, I won't say. ;)

In this new picture, I'm more impressed. :lol: