News on Terminator 4....and 5?

They're not getting my money. That's for shure.  <_<

Oh come on now, you just don't like the Oak.

I like the Oak just fine. I just don't want to see him make bad movies. It seems to me that the more you expand on a theme, especially sci-fi the more convoluted and and stupid the story becomes. T3 is a good example of this. The action was good but the story was lame. They need to move on to new subjects.

I loved T3. IT was like a 'best of' T1 & T2. Nick Stahl was infinitely better than that lame brat from T2.

Your probably the only person I've run into who acutaly liked that movie...

You and Opus are in the minority here, I liked T3, it wasn't as great as the first, but captured a feeling closer to the first. I thought 2 was a little warm and fuzzy.

I dunno, the T-1000 from T2 was one scary terminator. The Terminatrix from T3 was not scary at all.

You also can't say Connor hooking up with Brewster wasn't "warm and fuzzy". :p Dude was homeless in the beginning of the movie, and he ends up with one of the few living chicks not mutated by the nuclear fallout.

I really enjoyed T3 as well. Like the different approach it took.

Like how they were STILL running away from killer cyborgs sent from the future to kill him? Each one sent in a convient time frame. One before John was born. One when he was a kid. And 3rd when he was a bumming adult. With time travel, one would think to keep sending termies further back into the past instead or at least 1 after another. IE: When 1st termie got mashed, send another one immediately after the 1st one gets mashed.

But anyway....I was hoping for Rise of the machines to be more "wide-scale" and apocalyptical instead of "innocent ppl running from killer cyborg" like the 1st 2 movies.

I like the Oak just fine. I just don't want to see him make bad movies. It seems to me that the more you expand on a theme, especially sci-fi the more convoluted and and stupid the story becomes. T3 is a good example of this. The action was good but the story was lame. They need to move on to new subjects.

Wait, there was a story? I thought it was just Ah-nold running around breaking stuff...

Nothing in T3 could compare to that last scene in T2 where Mr. T-800 gets lowered into the steel and later you see the road at night and Sarah's narrating.

Dude if HG had done that I would forgive it for all of its sins! That would have been the most kick ass thing ever... Of course it is a TV show and the Terminator franchaise is a set of movies so it still aint the same thing.

Well I'm personally torn between the cyclical Robotech idea being the coolest thing ever, and the stupidest thing ever. But many super-fragilistically good ideas ride that line pretty close. As do colosally stupid ones.

Does make the whole series kind of pointless though, and feeds into Macross fanboy accusations that RT's just a shallow, warmongering piece of poop (because fruity JPop singing valks for peace somehow makes a series so much deeper and ever more meaningful). Pointless-- where the heroes being the ones who indirectly destroy the Earth, over and over again. Wait. That's cool. Or stupid. Can't. Decide.

-Al

Wait, there was a story? I thought it was just Ah-nold running around breaking stuff...

Nothing in T3 could compare to that last scene in T2 where Mr. T-800 gets lowered into the steel and later you see the road at night and Sarah's narrating.

Great scene, but it still doesn't excuse all the "Hasta La Vista, Baby" cheeze between Furlong and the Oak.

T1 was dark, T2 was too warm, T3 was a nice mix of both.

Edited by Blaine23

T2's script pretty much closed the possibilty of the first film happening, even though it gave the suggestion that anything can happen.

T2 didn't close anything as John Connor is still alive and the future war is still going to happened because of him being the anchor for it..

I dunno, the T-1000 from T2 was one scary terminator. The Terminatrix from T3 was not scary at all.

Imho didn't use the T-1000 to the fullest of it's capabilities. Hell he could have turned T2 into an action-horror (emphasis on horror) movie instead of a "warm and fuzzy" action movie that it is.

Sheesh, let's just merge these threads and have Terminator vs Robocop vs Alien vs Predator the Movie Extravaganza Underwater with Valkyries!

[fanboy] OMFG! That would be so awesome! And we'll get Uwe Boll to direct it (c'mon, he's not so bad) and it'll be soooooo great! [/fanboy]

The thing I hated most was that T2 left off saying nothing is written, and T3 left off saying Judgement Day was inevitable.

And how is one more "right" than the other? It IS science fiction, after all. When time travel becomes a reality, then we'll find out what the deal is with predestination, paradoxes, and such.

The thing I hated most was that T2 left off saying nothing is written, and T3 left off saying Judgement Day was inevitable.

Both of those things can be true and the franchaise plot still makes sense.

AgentONE, how do you personally rate T3?

Just curious ;)

As good as T2 but for different reasons. Still not as good as the first but sequels are ALWAYS inferior to the original by definition. T3 was full of suspense, it developed a new character (Mrs. Conner) and added some depth to John's character. Arnold wasn't the father figure that he was in T2, which was refreshing... He was a killing machine again, but he was just fighting for the humans. I thought T2 had its place and fit just right, but I would have been pissed if T3 had a drawn out "I know now why you cry" scene.

T3 had the (as Mod Max put it,) The "always running" feeling that T2 lost a little.

i dont see how they going to make a 5th movie. if they make a 4th they can sqweeze the formation of the resistance and the fall of skynet even though with t3 messed it up since why would a virus/ai nuke itself to kill most of the humans.

How would you propose on getting rid of all the humans? Skynet was all over the world....nuking the majority of the world wouldn't have killed it....

i dont see how they going to make a 5th movie. if they make a 4th they can sqweeze the formation of the resistance and the fall of skynet even though with t3 messed it up since why would a virus/ai nuke itself to kill most of the humans.

How would you propose on getting rid of all the humans? Skynet was all over the world....nuking the majority of the world wouldn't have killed it....

easily biological weapons. robots dont need to fear a organic virus that makes humans die in a horrible horrible way.

like steven kings the stand.

Both of those things can be true and the franchaise plot still makes sense.

OK how? Saying nothing is written, then saying something is inevitable is a contradiction.

Should've seen T2's alternate ending.

The one where Sarah, John and John's daughter are at a playground in Wash. D.C. and Sarah says something about nothing happening on Judgement Day and John doing all his fighting in Congress?

If Judgement day did come wouldn't it have to be diffrent since the Cyberdyne building was blown up, Dyson's work was all destroyed and Dyson himself is dead?

OK how? Saying nothing is written, then saying something is inevitable is a contradiction

Judgement Day was going to happen eventually. It was inevitable in that way. HOW or WHEN it would happen, however, was not written in stone. It could be postponed, like the events of Terminator 2 did, but it could not be entirely stopped. Human nature would've led to the creation of a military AI eventually no matter how many setbacks.

this was asked b4 but im asking again, how the hell did the t-1000 and the t-x go back in time? they arent organic in any way they are completely machine

Best theory I've heard is that they make their morphing metal mimic organic material.

Edited by DarkPhoenix

Should've seen T2's alternate ending.

The one where Sarah, John and John's daughter are at a playground in Wash. D.C. and Sarah says something about nothing happening on Judgement Day and John doing all his fighting in Congress?

If Judgement day did come wouldn't it have to be diffrent since the Cyberdyne building was blown up, Dyson's work was all destroyed and Dyson himself is dead?

Yeah that's the one I'm refering too.