The Chronicles of Riddick

Well i'm going whit my wife she like Vin Disel i was force to wait for 3 hrs on E3 to get her a autogaft of him . :p

I was there also Dude how far down the line where you ?? I was like the 20th person in line so I didnt have to wait that long only bad part was My Buddy got something Personal Signed and I got a Cheesy Escape From Butcher Bay Poster signed :angry:

It's amazing how many people are telling me they liked this movie. Then again, it's amazing how many people told me they liked "Pitch Black," which is on my list of top ten dumbest movies of all time. I think I'm going to see either Shrek or Harry Potter today, then I'm probably done until Spider-Man.

I was impressed. Twohy is no James Cameron, but he managed to create a pretty interesting universe and inhabit it with *gasp* characters. We need more writer/directors like him, not Stephen Sommers and Paul Anderson. Vin Diesel didn't make me feel violently ill, for a change. And they made an ending that actually had some balls! All in all, an entertaining way to spend 2 hours. I'd definitely pay to see a sequel.

He made me ill. He had the crapiest lines in the movie. The movie looked great. But there were so many inconsistencies on the script. I'm sure water will do as sunblock against a 700 degree (was it farenheit or celsius?) sunray. And that Falco guy could have easily killed Riddick, he kicked his ass on that planet.

But the production was really impressive.

But there were so many inconsistencies on the script. I'm sure water will do as sunblock against a 700 degree (was it farenheit or celsius?) sunray.

Yeah that kind of had me scratching my head. And I thought it was supposed to be -300 degrees on the night side. If they had just been racing across the "twilight zone" between night and day it would have been one thing, but they survive not one but two sunrises. Clearly they lived through the "night." Ah well...

Apparently there's as much as 50 minutes that was left on the cutting room floor. Can we say "DVD?"

Yeah that kind of had me scratching my head. And I thought it was supposed to be -300 degrees on the night side. If they had just been racing across the "twilight zone" between night and day it would have been one thing, but they survive not one but two sunrises. Clearly they lived through the "night." Ah well...

They were, presumably, running near the day/night line. Where the tempurature would be higher, but not too hot.. They didn't really explain that well, but you do see a cut back of them pretty much hauling ass not very far from it.. They didn't survive an entire night, either. They ducked into the shadow of the mountain they were climbing. The 'second sunrise' was just the sun getting high enough in the sky to get around it.

I'm also going to assume it takes the full brunt of the sunlight, and a few moments of exposure, to get the tempurature up to 700*F, so being at the very edge of it soaked in water may well of been enough.

I'm not planning to rush out and see this movie but it might be a decent rental sometime in the far future... but I do have a question that has been bothering me the whole time since I first saw previews for this movie. Without giving away any major spoilers or things can anyone that has seen the movie tell me how exactly it links up with Pitch Black? Last thing I remember from PB is Riddick, that strange neo-islam priest (played by one of my all time favorite character actors Keith David) and the annoying kid flying out into space and supposedly they claim Riddick as dead on the planet and the real Riddick plans a life of good.

Soooooo how exactly does Riddick once again go by the name of Riddick in the new movie and regain his infamous legend?

Soooooo how exactly does Riddick once again go by the name of Riddick in the new movie and regain his infamous legend?

Isn't the new movie like a prequel? I don't remember much from PB (I thought it was ok) except Riddick escapes the planet with someone.

It's amazing how many people are telling me they liked this movie. Then again, it's amazing how many people told me they liked "Pitch Black," which is on my list of top ten dumbest movies of all time. I think I'm going to see either Shrek or Harry Potter today, then I'm probably done until Spider-Man.

I you disliked Pitch Black (as I did) do not go and see this film. My friend convinced me to go see Chronicles of Riddick because he had four free passes. Chronicles is actually worse than PB. The horrible lines will kill you and if they don't, the heavy-handed grandstanding of the main character will. Avoid it if you want some advice.

No...its a sequel. Jack is now in her late teens. And Keith David's family issue is explored. I liked it....but I would have liked it more if they had stuck with the more hard sf feel of Pitch Black instead of the near-mystical stuff. Also space travel was wonky in this compared to Pitch Black. An intersting universe however....and the Necromunger's remind me VERY much of the Space Wolves and so forth of the Warhammer 40k Universe.

I gotta say I really enjoyed myself. The ending was a welcome change from normal endings that seem to go with movies. Looking forward to a third movie if they make one. The universe was interesting as well and would love to see them expand upon it. I just have to pick up the game now.

It's amazing how many people are telling me they liked this movie.  Then again, it's amazing how many people told me they liked "Pitch Black," which is on my list of top ten dumbest movies of all time. I think I'm going to see either Shrek or Harry Potter today, then I'm probably done until Spider-Man.

I you disliked Pitch Black (as I did) do not go and see this film. My friend convinced me to go see Chronicles of Riddick because he had four free passes. Chronicles is actually worse than PB. The horrible lines will kill you and if they don't, the heavy-handed grandstanding of the main character will. Avoid it if you want some advice.

Thanks for the advice! So instead, I went and saw Harry Potter today. It was the best of the three. Good times.