New BATMOBILE Pix!

Amped

this has morgan freeman in it? i didn't know that. my hope meter just went way up.

Morgan Freeman is playing Lucious Fox; he's the next in charge at Wayne Enterprises. I really can't wait to see Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon but I don't know who Katie Holmes will be.

According to things I've read, the new batmobile is supposed to be able to JUMP 4-6 feet off the ground!

:blink:

And i suppose it also has a smartass A.I system that constantly berrates bruce about his driving skills :D

With any luck ol batsy will probably crash it first time since i don't see any ways to look forward on that thing

According to things I've read, the new batmobile is supposed to be able to JUMP 4-6 feet off the ground!

:blink:

And i suppose it also has a smartass A.I system that constantly berrates bruce about his driving skills :D

With any luck ol batsy will probably crash it first time since i don't see any ways to look forward on that thing

I'll bet that it will be like a proto-batmobile...

Before the sexiness... though I do like the tank look. I mean... we all LOOOOVE the mobile from Batman/Returns, but I think this will be awesome too.

Since most of you don`t like this prototype Batmobile, I guess you are all Schumacher fans :lol:

I can't even begin to understand this logic. I detested the Schumacher Batmobile almost s much as I dested the movies themselves. I liked the Burton Batmobiles, the animated series version was alright, and even thge 60's tv series Batmobile had it's own charm.

Of course, I don't dislike this vehicle, taken as itself, it just does not make me think 'Batmobile'. I think that's the problem most people have.

it just does not make me think 'Batmobile'. I think that's the problem most people have.

It makes sense to me. He is just starting out...sorta like anything in life...you know, you make it better as things go along, you get wiser, things you try tell you if it works or not. The proto-batmobile works for me.

My first post in that thread stated pretty much the same thing. I'm playing devil's advocate here. There is a reason people don't like it, and I think that it's such a departure from the general idea of what the Batmobile is "supposed" to look like.

I can’t wait to see it in motion. I wanna see how it sounds, how fast it goes, what gimmicks it has and how noisy and scary it will be in a dark alley.

Although I’m not crazy about how it looks, But I think it is the most serious and believable Batmobile out there and it beats the hell of all the other sleekly-hi-glossy-with-purple-neons-and-lets-not-forget-the-shark-fins-and-silly-turbines from all the previous movies. And I can see where it took some inspiration from:

miller.gif

This is Frank Miller's version of the Batmobile, that only appeared on the graohic novel Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, arguebly the best batman story ever told.

This is the largest Batmobile ever, easily straddling a three lane highway. Batman mentions how he "modified her during some nasty riots" 15 years prior, and that the only things that can damage it "isn't from this planet." It easily shrugs off gunfire, grenades, and rocket launcher attacks, and offers its own array of heavy weaponry. In addition to its offensive capabilities, this Batmobile is equipped with an extensive medical bay.

now That's the kind of 'car' I want if I'm going to f**k with criminals at night:

post-26-1087187838_thumb.jpg

Edited by Limbo

This looks very Dark Knight Returns to me.

I knew it looked like the Miller version - cool post Limbo.

Any of you guys claiming to actually like Batman really have to read Dark Knight Returns. Easily the best Batman story ever told, IMHO.

What a hulking Piece Of Shite that is....didn't an article say they "spent months of development and millions of dollars" or something? All I can say to that is--somebody got fu-ked, and they didn't even get kissed. I almost feel sorry for the dumb schlup who signed the check for that TURD.

Look. Wayne's supposed to be a millionaire, right? He wants a pursuit vehicle that can catch any criminal, right? They have just gotten a racing Panoz coupe('bout a 100K or so?), circa mid-90's, done some fibreglass work on the rear 1/4 panels to add some suitably "batlike" fins, etc., etc. and you would have had a suitably menacing batmobile, with balls enough for some PLENTY fast stuntwork, and still come out way ahead on the budget end. That new batmobile fu-king sucks, period...

This is the largest Batmobile ever, easily straddling a three lane highway. Batman mentions how he "modified her during some nasty riots" 15 years prior, and that the only things that can damage it "isn't from this planet." It easily shrugs off gunfire, grenades, and rocket launcher attacks, and offers its own array of heavy weaponry. In addition to its offensive capabilities, this Batmobile is equipped with an extensive medical bay.

i think that he's referring to Batman:The Cult in which another "batmobile" was used that looked more like the monster truck Bigfoot. written by jim starlin, art by berni wrightson, and colored by bill wray.

it's easily on par with dark knight returns, it's just on a different scale. another good batman read is arkham asylum by grant morrison and dave mckean.

I never had the chance to finish reading The Cult... Arkham is awesome. I still have mine somewhere.

Among my favorites I can also list Gothic (a romance), Shaman, Sword of Azrael and Faces (the last one one is really messed up).

Any of you guys claiming to actually like Batman really have to read Dark Knight Returns. Easily the best Batman story ever told, IMHO.

yep, it sure is. but Kingdom come is right up there with it.

yep, it sure is. but Kingdom come is right up there with it.

It's a tie between Year One and Dark Knight Returns. Kingdom Come was great but it's more of a Supes story. Best Wonderwoman ever!

Kingdom is more than even a Supes story, it's basically a DC universe love-fest. The best scene in the whole deal was Captain Marvel's.

My second nomination for best Bat story? The Killing Joke by the best writer to ever write a comic book, Alan Moore.

AGH!!! yes its a JLA?DCU story, but the way Waid had Bruce/Batman's attitude was down. the scene in the diner is classic...

Waitress: can i get you something to drink?

Clark: Milk

Diana: Water

Bruce: Coffee, and keep it coming....

nice. and the new costume bruce is sporting is awesome!!

Year one is good, so is the Cult. someone told me Long Halloween was good too, but i haven't read it...has anyone???

Kingdom is more than even a Supes story, it's basically a DC universe love-fest. The best scene in the whole deal was Captain Marvel's.

My second nomination for best Bat story? The Killing Joke by the best writer to ever write a comic book, Alan Moore.

Yeah, it's the best JL book ever but it centers on Supes. The conflict was born from Superman's issues and resolved by his choices. Even though it was an all out superbrawl and Batman and WW were a big part of it. And yes! the Captain Marvel Twist was the best.

The Killing Joke is also one the greatest.