Looking for ROBOTECH the movie UNTOLD STORY

I have been looking for a long time this weird robotech movie called UNTOLD STORY. does anyone have a VHS RIP divx or xvid or something like that and would like to share it on the imacrossVII or imacross IV ftp servers?

im fan of robotech and i dont care if the movie sucks, as a fan i really want to see it or have it in my hands just because it is robotech material

well my email is pablin_@msn.com so if anyone wants to share it please let me know

long live robotech

Edited by SledgeHammer

The movie is difficult to get ahold of these days, apparently even Carl Macek was dissapointed with it. Fortunately, the original movie that was edited into the Robotech movie, Megazone 23, was recently released on DVD, and you should be able to find it in your local Best Buy, Suncoast, or similar establishment.

Good luck on finding someone with a VHS rip of the movie, finding a clean looking version will probably be impossible. I don't know if the movie was ever officially released to VHS, but it flopped in theatres and was pulled shortly after release. I don't believe it's even canon in the Robotech timeline anymore, so Harmony Gold probably has no plans to rerelease it.

I'd reccomend heading to the Robotech.com messageboards and asking around, I'd avoid asking outright for a bootlegged version, as they have rules against that over there, but you may find someone willing to part with a VHS for cheap.

If someone wants to share a digital copy of this, I would suggest that its done as a BitTorrent. If the person sharing the Vid wanted to post the .torrent file to the server I'm all for it. As for the Video itself, I would have to say NO (since upload accounts are given on a personal basis, I'm sure no one wants to piss off the server owner ;) ). Between space and current bandwith limitations, also I find it a tad troublesome that this person has a wopping post count of 1 and joined today. Heck I'm sure there are enough people (RT and Macross fans) who might be interested in seeing said video, the person who does the Torrent might consider posting the .torrent on a site like SuprNova

Remember that you asked for it.

This hideous creation is to anime as the Jonestown massacre is to Kool Aid.

On iMacross 4 under UPLOADS/Robotech Untold Story (3 real media files 150 mb in total)

After you have watched it please tell me, so I can delete it as soon as possible.

Seriously... it's more life-threatening than watching that tape from The Ring.

God freaking awful.

And what's up with the giant blue font? We can read it just fine if you write it normally, hombre.

I say screw him... he's pretty demanding bastard.

You want to experience Robotech the movie? Go to the worst rat infested mexican restaurant you can think of, eat two gallons of their refried beans. You should get sick within the hour and become very flatulent. If there's a nugget at the end of one of those "bean convulsions" then... there! That nugget, my friend represents the experience that completely replicates Robotech The Movie... Long Live your Robotech the Movie experience !

Edited by >EXO<

You want to experience Robotech the movie? Go to the worst rat infested mexican restaurant you can think of, eat two gallons of their refried beans. You should get sick within the hour and become very flatulent. If there's a nugget at the end of one of those "bean convulsions" then... there! That nugget, my friend represents the experience that completely replicates Robotech The Movie... Long Live your Robotech the Movie experience !

LOL.

Robotech the movie is just a splice together of Megazone23 part1, and some deleted scenes from Southern Cross.

If you have seen those, you have seen RT the movie. They just crammed the scenes together and redubbed it, but it makes ZERO sense.

Robotech the movie is just a splice together of Megazone23 part1, and some deleted scenes from Southern Cross.

Not quite. Its MegaZone 23 in full with 10 minutes of new ending footage and some footage from SC/TRM....mostly from Danger Zone, Triumvirate and Clone Chamber and The Hunters. I know this because I own a really crappy copy....and Im an SC fan. I've watched a total of three times. Its only redeeming factor is some of the music which is not on the Robotech soundtrack.

Personally...Im rather glad HG has said no to this abomination.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Yeah, I want to see it too for the footage made especially for it.

By the way, could someone post that picture here again which was from the ending of the movie? It had the main character of Megazone 23, all bloody, holding his girl, and other characters in the background.

That was beautiful, man. Truly beautiful. And entirely truthful.

Also -

NUH_UH! I bE tEH Maztur Th3 w3B! BITE ME, l00zer1111!!!111

I have been looking for a long time this weird robotech movie called UNTOLD STORY. does anyone have a VHS RIP divx or xvid or something like that and would like to share it on the imacrossVII or imacross IV ftp servers?

im fan of robotech and i dont care if the movie sucks, as a fan i really want to see it or have it in my hands just because it is robotech material

well my email is pablin_@msn.com so if anyone wants to share it please let me know

long live robotech

Just out of curiosity, since you are such a die hard RT fan, why did you come here askin?

Most of piss on Robotech.

Probably because Robotech.com moderators delete any threads asking for bootlegs, even if it's something that's no longer available any other way. Many of us don't like Robotech nearly as much, or at all, anymore, but many have their roots in growing up on it and might have come across a copy of the movie before we discovered the unedited shows Robotech was scraped together from.

Meh, even though I personally can't watch Robotech anymore because I like the uncut stuff so much more, I'm still tired of the self-fullfilling idea that even the most innocent Robotech questions get torn to pieces around here.

Besides, even if someone did come here to incite something, it would completely deflate their plans if they were greeted with friendly, helpful responses instead of the heated flames they're trying to get.

I'm also not convinced this was such a post. Those don't normally have any other point, than to incite, while this person is actually asking for help in finding something.

I have an old VHS of it and saw it again some weeks ago. Boy, it is awful.

The voices were recorded in a big hall, so it seems, it echoed terribely. The actual robot fighting as seen on the Robotech Masters were as is. The same pictures, but with different roles/actors in this horrible movie. It's just laughable. I keep the tape for future education: This may NEVER happen again! :ph34r:

Bugger, bugger, utterly bugger.

Although the ending song was pretty good, for an eighties synth sound. :lol:

You may find it on European video rentals, 15 years ago... Maybe someone sells it on eBay.

Edited by Wabbit

Dude what's up with the 1111111111 that's been floating around on so many threads? :blink: Secret Code?!

I say give the guy a break. I've never seen that movie either and really don't mind wasting 20 minutes of my life to see it.

Kindly points to this thread here

Edited by scand

Dude what's up with the 1111111111 that's been floating around on so many threads? :blink: Secret Code?!

I say give the guy a break. I've never seen that movie either and really don't mind wasting 20 minutes of my life to see it.

Kindly points to this thread here

It's a joke on the fact that most AOL-type internet users are prone to adding tons of exclamation points after just about any statement, and many stop pressing the 'alt' key before lifiting their finger from the 1/! key, so a series of 1s trails behind the exclamation points. Occaissionally before the exclamation points as well.

From what I remember of interviews from Carel he really didn't like the way the movie went. He found alot of problems with it that he just couldn't fix cause all the editing had to be done in 3 days compared to the time it took to do Robotech.

Also he noted that the transfer of the SC footage he wanted to use didn't go well into the big screen, so you can see how different Megazone 23's projection resolution versus SC footage pretty easily.

jez quit the dope

instead of saying stupid things try to act normal like most of the other people in here

I have a really poor quality version of the movie on VHS. I got the copy from someone on the old AFM forum. I forget his name.... Anyway, it's not worth your time to watch it, and this is coming from a Robotech (TMS) fan. :p

You want to experience Robotech the movie?  Go to the worst rat infested mexican restaurant you can think of, eat two gallons of their refried beans.  You should get sick within the hour and become very flatulent. If there's a nugget at the end of one of those "bean convulsions" then... there!  That nugget, my friend represents the experience that completely replicates Robotech The Movie...  Long Live your Robotech the Movie experience !

jez quit the dope

instead of saying stupid things try to act normal like most of the other people in here

Speaking of dopes. You're the one that came here acting like you don't give a crap with your "long live robotech" signature and give me what I want. Why don't you learn how to ask for things especially with your first post!

People think that they're so tough because they can be nasty in a forum while sitting behind a screen. I got news for you. It's the internet, it's even harder to get along, freak!

From what I remember of interviews from Carel he really didn't like the way the movie went. He found alot of problems with it that he just couldn't fix cause all the editing had to be done in 3 days compared to the time it took to do Robotech.

Also he noted that the transfer of the SC footage he wanted to use didn't go well into the big screen, so you can see how different Megazone 23's projection resolution versus SC footage pretty easily.

Supposedly the Robotech Movie was originally going to take place shortly before the Zentradi arrived for the SDF-1. But due to various reasons (one I think was the possibility of DYRL being released theatrically in the States) the time frame was changed to the Southern Cross-era.

You want to experience Robotech the movie?  Go to the worst rat infested mexican restaurant you can think of, eat two gallons of their refried beans.  You should get sick within the hour and become very flatulent. If there's a nugget at the end of one of those "bean convulsions" then... there!  That nugget, my friend represents the experience that completely replicates Robotech The Movie...  Long Live your Robotech the Movie experience !

jez quit the dope

Speaking of dopes. You're the one that came here acting like you don't give a crap with your "long live robotech" signature and give me what I want. Why don't you learn how to ask for things especially with your first post!

People think that they're so tough because they can be nasty in a forum while sitting behind a screen. I got news for you. It's the internet, it's even harder to get along, freak!

:lol::lol::lol:

Like I said, I have problems with "1st post" requests like these. Boinger was very gracious to host the files... which btw for posterity's sake I'm gonna have to get a copy to put on CDR B))