Asuka II (CVN-99) Information and Images

How come that Asuka II looks like those space carriers from Macross 7. should be a litte closer to the Prometheus since it a carrier in the year 2007. I just don't understand it. ;)

How come that Asuka II looks like those space carriers from Macross 7. should be a litte closer to the Prometheus since it a carrier in the year 2007. I just don't understand it. ;)

The connection to the Ark Royal-class is obvious if you think about it. It's a stealth carrier, therefore it has all those funky angles and the like. Plus, it's not designed to be a submersible carrier like the Promethus-class.

The Ark Royals and the Asuka II have the same design philosphy and mission in mind so it's not an entire suprise to me.

The connection to the Ark Royal-class is obvious if you think about it. It's a stealth carrier, therefore it has all those funky angles and the like. Plus, it's not designed to be a submersible carrier like the Promethus-class.

The Ark Royals and the Asuka II have the same design philosphy and mission in mind so it's not an entire suprise to me.

There is no such thing as an Ark Royal-class in Macross. You mean Uraga-class:

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...hips/uraga.html

Also see the Saratoga II entry:

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat.../saratoga2.html

Nah, with the announcement that all S-3's are to be replaced by (guess what) Super Hornets, all we need is 1 simple design that can carry 100 Super Hornets and nothing else. :p

A long wooden plank that can't go very fast, that can't turn very well, and costs more than to upgrade our current carriers?

"advanced small-scale stealth aircraft carrier"