Just bought my first FIX Gundams

I bought a Fix Figuration FAZZ and a Fix Figuration Heavy Gundam. To anyone out there collecting FIX...how would you rate the product line? What others should I look for (besides Deep Striker...)

Edited by Qrusader

:p so far i have the whole set, i rate this series very good, some times the armor does not stay on to well but they keep getting better as they go along, just be careful with the joints sometimes they are fragile. make sure you save up and get the deepstriker, i also recomned the Nu Gundam , Gerbera Tetra, Crossbone X-1 and the zeta C-1 , i love this series alot . the best gundam figures you can buy i also love the fact they are doing some of the more obscere ones in the series.

Chris

edited for spelling

Edited by zeo-mare

you will love it more or as much than a HG model for sure. They lack articulation but details make up for it. I have the fazz and one of the plates by the chest keep on falling out. Some pieces don't fit pretty well, specially the arm covers on the gerbera T. The design is superb, you won't be dissapointed.

My favorites are the one I already have:

1. Deep Striker ( MSA 0011-3)

2. EX-S ( MSA 0011-2)

3. Fazz

4. all of the 0083 show (Gp01,Gp02,Gp03,Gp04, Dom tropen)

They just need to make a Zekueins (Sp) and a Jagd Doga as well

I like them and highly recommend them. I Have:

#0013 MSA-0011-3 (Bst) PLAN 303E "DEEP STRIKER"

#0014 MSA-0011-1 (Ext) Ex-S GUNDAM "TASKFORCE ALPHA"

#0017a MSZ-006A1/C1 (Bst) Z GUNDAM PLUS (Blue)

#0017b MSZ-006A1/C1 (Bst) Z GUNDAM PLUS (Red)

I am thinking about getting the #0019 RX-178+FXA-05D SUPER GUNDAM / FA-178 FULL ARMOR Mk. II

I've the Deep Striker and Crossbone X-1. Depending on your taste for colours, you can go for either the X-1 or X-2, both don't have any differences except for the colouring (and the head should be different a little, particular the V-fins, but I can't get a closer look at them to compare). Note that the Crossbone Gundams are missing 4 features, particularly the beam sabers on the shoulder (they can be removed, but there's no actual 'saber' provided). The other 3 include the:

- Scissor Anchor (or the front skirt armour, yep, it's an actual equipment used as a weapon/tool),

- the beam shield (sad, this isn't included, but they give the Brand Marker instead),

- heat dagger feet (kind of hard to describe, but the daggers are equipped at the bottom of the feet and act as a form of kick-cutting weaponry --> not entirely essential to be included though)

At least they made up for it by giving an extra mantle made of a cloth-like material which resembles the Sandrock Custom's.

And if you're real picky with the colours, getting only the Deep Striker might not satisfy you and might lead to getting an Ex-S (with the prototype colours or Taskforce Alpha colours). Oh, not to mention the Beam Smartgun differences. The Ex-S pack has the shorter one which comes with a disc radome that's able to connect to the crotch piece. DS doesn't have that, so you can't pull off the classic Ex-S pose. Nevertheless, the S Gundam looks damn fine no matter what colour its in (unless you're REALLY picky).

Overall, they may not be very playable or dynamically poseable (like Kaiyodo's action figures), but the sheer detailing makes up for it. Should you get the Crossbone? YES. It's obscure! So far this is the only form it's in besides the B-Club kits which are more costly.

I just love the fact that they look good right out of the box,, no painting, sanding, lining, etc.

Not really. The Japanese Hobby Magazines have a semi-regular column on how to fix-up your FIX figures for good reason. For the price they charge, the QA is somewhere near the level of the cheap action figures. I don't think I've ever come across one that has a perfectly symmetrical V-fin attached to the head. They are either crooked or the part itself warps unevenly, something you'd never see with the old Gundam toys made in Japan during the 1980s.

Good for people who can't build kits and just want a good display piece (like the Yamato 1/60s) though.

Wow....it seems evrybody has a deep striker. <_<

I have the ALEX/GT-4 (x2), GP04 Gerberra Tetra, GP02 Physallis, Zeta Plus (Red), Wing Gundam ver. Ka. , and Johnny Ridden's custom Zaku II.

Wow....it seems evrybody has a deep striker. <_<

I have the ALEX/GT-4 (x2), GP04 Gerberra Tetra, GP02 Physallis, Zeta Plus (Red), Wing Gundam ver. Ka. , and Johnny Ridden's custom Zaku II.

Not me!!! :( I don't even have at least one of them, but I have been contemplating on whether or not I should get this: #0017b MSZ-006A1/C1 (Bst) Z GUNDAM PLUS (Red).

I personally enjoy the line. You have some of the detail of a decently painted model with some of the ruggedness of a toy ;) . I own a Deep Striker, RX-93, GP-01fb, GP-02 and a FAZZ. As my budget and space permit, I would definitely like to get more such as the Gerba Tetra, Alex NT-1, Zeta Plus (blue) and an Ex-S.

Well thanks to everyone for their opinions and recommedations. I got the FAZZ and Heavy Gundam and I am blown away. I'm not a "Gundam Guy", but these are exceptional figures. I will be buying some more.

Anyone have the DOM FIX units? If so, what are they like?

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have the DOM FIX units? If so, what are they like?

the doms look nice mine are coming in this week, i just got the Madrock and G-05, cannot figure why they changed the name used to be called the Mudrock very nice additiion, the armor for mine stays on pretty well. so they did a very god job on this newest release, they are getting better as they go along, I can not wait to see the F-91 and F-90 it is about time :)

chris

well, i don't own a Deepstriker, but i do have the new mudrock GFF in the mail. i've picked up most of the line so far, though i haven't acquired more than a couple of the mold duplicates, nor have i ventured into the Zeonography line. i've become really dissatisfied with the plastic used, its way too soft. the details it allows is nice in comparison to the harder plastics they use in the models and Kado/Kahen Senshi lines and the softer more rubbery stuff they use for the MSiA line, but the toys are getting increasingly more complicated, and especially with the transforming toys, a harder material would be a big improvement. the other problem is the high price tag, its getting to the point where i'm seriously considering not collecting the line anymore, though the F-9x's are awefully tempting. that said, i have loved the last couple toys in the line, the Alex and the Heavy Gundam.

i'd say the weakest figures in the line are the first two, the perfect gundam and the full armor gundam, though the FAZZ and its problematic skirt armor are way up on the list as well. i also had problems with my nu gundam and the G-Armor set. i think it was due more to flaws with my particular figures than anything else, as my heavy gundam (which uses the same base figure as the G-armor set) had none of the problems as the other. (i suspect i'm cursed when it comes to Gundam G-3 toys, i haven't gotten a single version that didn't have major problems, and my GFF G-armor set was the G-3 version)