macross flash shooter

skatata

:lol: nice! seems less like boredom than normal. to me,reminds me of 1980 when i was in morro bay i saw this game called asteroids it was the first time i had ever consciously saw a video screen and thought hey this is the future instead of the pinball wizardry i was aclimated to.I saw this video game and maybe pacman in an A&W rootbeer and burgers diner, but sadly it closed. it was on quintana blvd.right off highway 1 and they sold these cute little teddy bears dressed in the same coloured vestments as the waitresses(brown and orange and white)like the a&w rootbeer cans.The waitresses came up on skates to serve us right at our window like in the 50's like movies with these window trays and right down the road a bit was a skating rink with a beautiful mural of vaders head in front of the death star and a bunch of x-wing fighters and stars but they painted it over in about '86 to make room for the dolfin-sea motif,then it was robotech this and that and shortly thereafter , I didn't care because right down the street you could see morro rock right after the sandspit-penninsula and this was the sight of me and my girlfrind in the sand at night with friends and fun and robotech took a back seat until there was an awakening recently.I shelved that chapter only to find a resurgance,so esentially its been like almost 20 years and now I'm into it again for some reason.I played the game it was fun.thanxs Edited by geecie30

• 1 month later...

Well i decided to try and make a macross game with some rpg elements like buying ships, parts, weapons. So i started working on a new engine this one is a look more dynamic meaning that essentially you can build your own missions, and worlds with a few lines of code. but i'm not going to let you see that yet :p ; I will let you see an earlier version of the shooting side of the game. this one has the dumb enemy ai that just looks at you and only has 3 or 4 levels. it also has buttons to choose the VF-1 or VF-19.

Click here

and if it doesn't load the first time click go after clicking it.

<:CONTROLS:>

UP/DOWN = Speed UP/DOWN

LEFT/RIGHT = i'll let you figure it out :p

F/G/B = fighter/gerwalk/battroid

SPACE = fire

Any other ideas you have would be great for the RPG or Shooting part.

• 2 weeks later...

Coool! It needs a limited number of (micro)missiles that can destroy a Regult at once and the hitpoints of these pods should be lowered for faster gameplay. It looks great! :D

Coool! It needs a limited number of (micro)missiles that can destroy a Regult at once and the hitpoints of these pods should be lowered for faster gameplay. It looks great! :D

Good points Wabbit. I'm working on the famous Macross missile swarm. also i have finished the VF-1 (A,D,J,S), the VF-19 and a few fast packs and am working on the 2,17,21(22). What else do you guys think the game needs different valks maybe vf9, 5000, vf4. also enemies are regult, gnerl, power armors (heck, can't thing of the names :blink: )

• 3 weeks later...

*/UPDATE\*

Ok heres an update on the project so far.

Features so far:

*Multiple Fighter, Models and Armors

*Multiple Bases that you have to fly between

*Shops Buy all your macross parts

*Hanger Do Maintaince checks on your fighters

*Stats increase your level by destroying more enemies

*Multiple enemies

So things i'm working on at the minute are the stroy line, the graphics and wingmen which i thought might be cool. I want the game to look almost perfect before i release the next demo.

*/UPDATE\*

Ok heres an update on the project so far.

Features so far:

*Multiple Fighter, Models and Armors

*Multiple Bases that you have to fly between

*Shops Buy all your macross parts

*Hanger Do Maintaince checks on your fighters

*Stats increase your level by destroying more enemies

*Multiple enemies

So things i'm working on at the minute are the stroy line, the graphics and wingmen which i thought might be cool. I want the game to look almost perfect before i release the next demo.

:lol: This goes out of hand!

Maybe the mods should make this a sticky, for MW'ers who are bored at quit hours. :p

More suggestions on top of the previous ones:

Add a city block level, where:

- Gerwalk = capable of high hover-speeds on ground and short bursts for jumping over obstacles (bridges, low buildings etc.);

- Battroid = low speeds, shooting around the corners, footsoldier;

- Fighter = Fly up the city over buildings at high speeds.

Make variants like in the jungle (seen in Macross Zero), in canyons, old Indian ruins in S. America, alien worlds (not per sé aliens, but the enviroments)... etc.

If that is possible though! :lol:

Edited by Wabbit

More suggestions on top of the previous ones:

Add a city block level, where:

- Gerwalk = capable of high hover-speeds on ground and short bursts for jumping over obstacles (bridges, low buildings etc.);

- Battroid = low speeds, shooting around the corners, footsoldier;

- Fighter = Fly up the city over buildings at high speeds.

Make variants like in the jungle (seen in Macross Zero), in canyons, old Indian ruins in S. America, alien worlds (not per sé aliens, but the enviroments)... etc.

If that is possible though! :lol:

Yeah i like those Ideas, I built an engine to incorperate those ideas and it might work. Check it out HERE

(Note: same as before you might have to click on the link and when it doesn't show click go in your browser)

All this demo does is let you walk around a park and the trees and house give of perception of depth. one problem with this is it is very intensive and too many trees and it slooooooows down too much.

anywho the arrow keys are to move.

Wow! Although the graphics are very simple, it is nice 3D. I can see why it would be very intensive to work it out, let alone the loading and lag time for such a big game.

Still, it can be a nice option for maps. :p

• 3 weeks later...

A few screenshots i forgot to show

Characters Talking

scr001.JPG

Eagles Nest Main Menu

scr002.JPG

Graphics are a real pain you can see that i took a quick pic of Roy :unsure: . There is virtually no story to this thing at all!!! Also thought about adding a Job Feature where you can earn money by destroying a few renegades or delivering items.

Wingmen can now be used now depending on there status weither they are healthy, hospitalised or dead. Formations can also be created as an extra option :p .

Edited by skatata

Wow! :o

Forgot

Customisible Fighters nearly finished

*Paint your fighter

*adjust your payload so tons of enemy blasting weapons = a slow tank or lightier payload = lightning fast movement whatever you're game style

*like i said before different fast packs and armor can be placed on the fighters

• 1 month later...