who any why was this topic closed

Probably because it was starting to walk into persecutable grounds and was a flamable topic? So that political correctness wouldn't explode into the mod's faces?

Because it was gay? :p

The thread was destined to die from the moment of it's inception.

It's apparent that some people will be offended by the suggestion that they like to ride other men's rumps. We must do out utmost here to not comment upon the alternate lifestyle of our fellow MW members. ;)

Edited by ChristopherB

I really think it was doomed from the beginning for being unnecessary and full of homophobic ranting...

But what really pushed it over the edge was the use of "pork" as a verb.

Pigs really hate that.

"Rump-rangers" probably didn't help either. :lol::lol:

Ali, I told you last night. That discussion was SO going to take a turn towards being focused on the gay part and not the anime part. It is just not within the Terms of Use you agreed to when you signed up to be a member of Macross World.

Fact:

Federal law grants US citizens the right to discriminate against gays and lesbians in the hiring process. Sexual orientation is not a protected right. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Topics that get into stuff like this can be funny for a little while at least.

ghey.jpg

post-26-1077310206_thumb.jpg

It is just not within the Terms of Use you agreed to when you signed up to be a member of Macross World.

Hey Agent One,

Do you mean the portion that says only "straight" people are allowed to be members of MW, and as such, no topics geared towards homosexuality will be allowed? :lol:

No man, there is a difference... Red Commet has started threads about his taking to the idea that Exsedol and Vrlitwhai were homo-buddies, nobody cared. The thread in question had the term "rump-rangers" in it. THAT is obvioulsy an offensive term to the homosexual community.

Not that I really care who gets offended because I think we live in a world full of pussies who need to stop their crying and go to the gym. Shawn sets rules around here and they must be followed, we are all playing and having fun on his dime.

Topics that get into stuff like this can be funny for a little while at least.

So you take a contraversial topic and post crap in it to intentionally get it closed? Is that what you are saying? Because Max, Roy, and MMX LOVE to clean garbage up... They yearn for days where they don't have time to post anything because they are too busy cleaning up someone else's mess.

:rolleyes:

Hey, ChristopherB, what part of this don't you understand?

Section III: Never Allowed

#1. No religious or political debates.

If you want to talk politics go to the proper outside forum. Not everyone shares your beliefs. Nothing starts more arguments then these kinds of debates. They have value but they have no value here.

So you take a contraversial topic and post crap in it to intentionally get it closed?  Is that what you are saying?  Because Max, Roy, and MMX LOVE to clean garbage up... They yearn for days where they don't have time to post anything because they are too busy cleaning up someone else's mess.

No love for DA and SuperO... <_<

Edited by >EXO<

ewilen,

Rather than argue, I did the right thing and edited my posts. Knowledge of the rules does not mean that I'm immune from posting my opinion on occasion. I certainly hope you reference the "rules" in all instances where people post an opinion, as opposed to specific issues you selectively chose to champion. <_<

I apologize if you somehow took my comments personally. To each his own I always say. ;)

Religion was never mentioned so that is moot, and so I retained only one fact, which is not subject to "political" discussion/debate.

Fact: a piece of information presented as having objective reality.

Sometimes the truth can hurt.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

The occasional funny pic from a show you like is allowed though on occasion.

Just no debates centered on real beliefs, issues, and all that jazz.

A pic like the one I put was just for a mild comic effect. "Hey look it's Kira in Cagalli's dress!"

I know I never deliberately try to offend.

Once threads get a little too serious our illustrious mods will excise the tainted thread.

There's a line between innocenct will n' grace and queer-eye type jokes, like Yukikaze seems quite adept at attacting, and actual bashing.

Stuff like "rump-rangers" does cross the line into being actual insults.

edit: spllng

Edited by Anubis

Christopher B., your fact may be "presented as objective reality", but it is false. If you would like me to explain why, I would be happy to do so via PM.

And simply because I call you on one violation of the rules, that doesn't obligate me to point out every time an infraction occurs. You are obligated to follow the rules, however, and trolling a thread with irrelevant gay-baiting, particularly with reference to nonfactual political "facts" is against the rules.

Edit: On second thought, there's really no danger of a debate, so I am going to post the reason why ChristopherB is wrong in a moment. Just wanted to get this note in before any further damage is done.

Edited by ewilen

Fact:

Federal law grants US citizens the right to discriminate against gays and lesbians in the hiring process. Sexual orientation is not a protected right. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Christopher,

This IS political man... It's a statement that can go nowhere but get people pissed, fact or not. It would be like me putting something like: (and this is only an example)

“The Koran teaches its followers to kill all infidels.”

Be it fact or not, it is inflammatory.

ewilen,

Christopher has been around a long time, I don't think he has ever offended anyone... I don't think this trolling was indented to be inflammatory.

This is why: Federal law does not prohibit such discrimination in private hiring. (A federal executive order prohibits discrimination in federal civilian hiring.) However, Federal law does not give employers the right to discriminate against gays. At least eleven states prohibit discrimination against gays in both public and private hiring.

So factually, Chris B.'s statement is wrong. Whether it has any bearing on this discussion is left up the reader. I fail to see a connection.

AgentONE--understood. And acknowledge that Chris is a longtime contributor.

My problem with this, as with so many political statements on MW, is that it is (a) incorrect, (b) potentially inflammatory, yet © responding to it incurs a risk of being drawn into a political debate.

So you take a contraversial topic and post crap in it to intentionally get it closed?  Is that what you are saying?  Because Max, Roy, and MMX LOVE to clean garbage up... They yearn for days where they don't have time to post anything because they are too busy cleaning up someone else's mess.

No love for DA and SuperO... <_<

THANK GOD!! Love from a buncha thirty year old virgins living in their parents basement is something I can do without. (...or did Agent One take care of that problem?)

Money and adulation however....(mostly money)..... :rolleyes::lol::lol:B))