Anybody Following Gundam Seed?

Mechamaniac

So, I'm up to Episode 46 as of last night, and per some of the Gundam websites, it's supposed to run until 9/27 and complete at 50 episodes.

Anyone watching this series?

I have to say that it's my favorite of the AU series so far. At first, I thought it was pretty much retelling the original Gundam series, but the more I watched, I get the impression that it takes at least one major element from each of the UC series, and folds it into the plot. Here's what I have noticed thus far...

Archangel - (White Base II) - MS Gundam.

Gundams developed on Heliopolis (Supposedly Neutral Colony) - Gundam 0080.

Bloody Valentine - (Nightmare of Solomon) - Gundam 0083.

Coordinators and genetic manipulation - (Newtype labs) - Z I think, and definitely Char's Counterattack.

Lacus Clyne - (Aina Sakhalin) - Gundam 08th MS Team

Lacus winding up fighting beside Bartfeld - (Aina and Shiro) - Gundam 08th MS Team.

Bartfeld surviving his Bacow being blown up, but losing limbs etc - (Shiro Amada) - Gundam 08th MS Team.

I also think the producers are trying to send a pretty clear message regarding the war in Iraq. The new issue of Newtype expounds on this theory a bit without really saying it. But they mention how the Earth Military cites Aube as being "Either with us or against us". Kind of sounds familiar given the events of the last couple of years eh?.

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff, but was wondering if anyone else noticed this...

Anyway, 3 or 4 more episodes left in Japan I think...

Definately the best AU series to date. Look forward to seeing the end. The end is shaping up to be a rough one, and it's hard to predict how things are going to turn out. Keeps me glued.

Sucks though, Bandai doesn't want anymore digi subs of the series released on the web since it's coming to the states in 2004. Anime Junkies had to diffently drop the series from further production and downloads. Only way you can get it is if you get yours from another source who subs it themselves, or around the web from who ever lets you download it, other then that, looks like now you'll have to wait till next year to finish it.

Sucks though, Bandai doesn't want anymore digi subs of the series released on the web since it's coming to the states in 2004. Anime Junkies had to diffently drop the series from further production and downloads. Only way you can get it is if you get yours from another source who subs it themselves, or around the web from who ever lets you download it, other then that, looks like now you'll have to wait till next year to finish it.

Do you know what episode they cut off at?

I'm up to 46 now of 50.

It just came to thought but could always get the bootleg dvd releases, I heard those are not bad at all...better then the AJ translations (large laughter hit now) <_<

anyways, they cut at 44, and personally I'd like to see the whole series before it comes out in the US. But I'm up tooooooo 27 I think, so I'm half way where everyone else is at and that's been since May I think.

By the way, what the hell is SEED2? Is it the side story with those Astray MS's?

You actually prefer the digisubs over the professional DVDs? Ok...to each his own.....

Sucks though, Bandai doesn't want anymore digi subs of the series released on the web since it's coming to the states in 2004.  Anime Junkies had to diffently drop the series from further production and downloads.  Only way you can get it is if you get yours from another source who subs it themselves, or around the web from who ever lets you download it, other then that, looks like now you'll have to wait till next year to finish it.

You actually prefer the digisubs over the professional DVDs? Ok...to each his own.....

Well, digisubs = free which = a good way to see the series, and decide if you want to buy it on DVD.

This is important because DVD Release = Probably 200 bucks.

Also, this way, we get to see it before Cartoon Network gets their hands on it, and chops it into oblivion.

By the way, what the hell is SEED2? Is it the side story with those Astray MS's?

It's the second season of SEED. Bandai will release the first episode shortly after SEED ends its run.

No I remember it being set for Sept 2004

But oh man, episode 46 was AMAZING.

***WARNING SPOILERS BELOW!!!***

Freedom getting trashed was sad/refreshing cuz its different in AU series to se a Gundam getting trashed.

Now its speculation time, my favorite thing to do with seires:

-Yzak is gonna defect, my evidence, he seems to be getting angered with Kruuze and often thinking about Deaka talking to him.

-Azreal will order the building of Justice and Freedom Gundam (these will most likely be stolen in Seed 2 considering Orb and Klien faction's lack of mobile suit production).

-Members from the ZAFT military will defect to the Orb/ Klien faction, my evidence, a Ginn in a white and orange color scheme, one not seen before. My only question is why those colors? Is it cuz of Bartofelt liking orange or is it because of the Astray Gundams?

****SPOILER SPECULATION****

Freedom getting trashed was sad/refreshing cuz its different in AU series to se a Gundam getting trashed.

Don't forget that the track list for Gundam SEED's OST III also tells that Frey's gonna die and the Dominion will be destroyed with all hands.

Azreal will order the building of Justice and Freedom Gundam (these will most likely be stolen in Seed 2 considering Orb and Klien faction's lack of mobile suit production).

N-Jammer Cancellers aren't the only thing useful for Azreal to use. Some Gundam fans also speculate that Azreal would also mass-distrubute the NJCs onto nuclear warheads and to take down ZAFT. ZAFT would also retaliate with theirs with NJCs, resulting in Mutaully Assured Destruction that will wipe out humanity and leaving Kruuze as the winner for his revenge.

Members from the ZAFT military will defect to the Orb/ Klien faction, my evidence, a Ginn in a white and orange color scheme, one not seen before. My only question is why those colors? Is it cuz of Bartofelt liking orange or is it because of the Astray Gundams?

Bartfield's squadron colors are orange and striped black, as shown with his LaGOWE. He's nicknamed as the Desert Tiger (sp?), hence the orange motif.

The Klien faction's military forces have to show they no longer work for ZAFT, so they likely took Bartfield's squadron colors in their MSes in honer of siding with him and also to Lux Klien.

Yeah im following it and after like the first 30 eps it got REALLY good. I mean it seemed like just some cheap@$$ remake of MSG with pretty boys. But after Nikol died it got SOOO Much better. and if you look really hard you can find the rest of it subbed. I just check out the raws. But this show really got better after about half way through.

Spoiler speculation:

The N-Jammer cancellers will become a MASSIVE problem right away, since in theory Azrael could have his Gundam trio retrofitted, and the N-jammers were all that kept Earth from glassing the Plant colonies themselves with nukes. We'll see how fast they start to be utilized. This series is going to go Tomino-esque after all it seems.

Kind of surprised Kira flipped like he did when he found out Fllay was in the escape pod, but also really not that surprising considering the relationship they had and how they were separated before they could sit and talk things out after that last rough spot. The emotional angst Kira is showing in regards to Fllay and that conflicting with his current feelings for Laksu is not something he needs right now if he is going to survive battle. He got his ass kicked this time once he got overwhelmed.

Seed has developed into a very complex show and IMO is very well done. I look forward to seeing how it ends, and I eagerly anticipate every episode in this final countdown.

Then we can all speculate on where they go for Season 2!!!!!

Note: Even though they have explained that Kuruze is a clone of Mwu's father, that still does not explain how they can sense each other the way they do. Kuruze even sensed Kira approaching, newtype-like. I am very curious to see if they make a mention of Newtypes in here after all, as a couple of characters are showing some of the initial signs of it.

It's the second season of SEED. Bandai will release the first episode shortly after SEED ends its run.

There is a Season 2 of SEED!? Oh my.................. :o

The toys must be doing very well for Bandai to continue it!

Gundam X and Double X got trashed in countless occasions. ;)

Wrong.... Seed 2 doesn't start untill a few months after Seed ends. Seed is to be replaced, if not already replace by Full Metal Alchemist or whatever it is called. :)

im following SEED, its my favorite AU series ... the mecha designs are REALLY cool. the character designs are good to!. Id love to see an upgrade to my favorite suit in the show (Buster Gundam). it would rock to see it get an armor upgrade >:F. The story has gotten really intense now and with only 4 episodes left ... i cant say i think there will be a good ending. a "SEED2" you say? , where can i get info on this?!.

//Dan..

a "SEED2" you say? , where can i get info on this?!.

Go through any Gundam message board. Most of them are talking about it.

Wrong.... Seed 2 doesn't start untill a few months after Seed ends. Seed is to be replaced, if not already replace by Full Metal Alchemist or whatever it is called. :)

Actually, Seed 2 is planed for the October 2004 season. No word on timeslot or episode count. Heck, they might move it to a weekday slot (doubtful).

Ok well saw 47 a little while ago and man it was crazy.

SPOILERS BEWARE

HEY YOU I SAID SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok well the new EA stratagy is to NUKE the CRAP out of Zaft and you see them do it a few times and it seems very effective. We finally get to see the meteor things in action and man they are ALL POWERFUL. Like you know when kira's comp picks like 20 dudes and shoots them all well this targets like 100 dudes and gets them. And kira obviously doesn't care much about killing seeing how he killed like 1000 of those little MA things the EA has.We also get to see some more powerful GINN which was cool. And yeah now we have to wait for the next ep. I think the druggies will start dieing off soon with many others. ;)

We also get to see some more powerful GINN which was cool. And yeah now we have to wait for the next ep. I think the druggies will start dieing off soon with many others. ;)

Their called GuAIZs ( http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/zgmf-600.htm ). Their the Gelgoogs of Seed. And a lot of people will be dying off in the last 3 episodes. :)

Edited by azrael

So you can't tell the difference between the missiles and the MAs?

Well yeah I assumed some of those were the missiles but you only see like 10 HUGE explosions and they were fireing like 100 nukes and kira locked onto like mass amounts of targets. So yeah maybe they were all just missiles and the artists just didn't want to show 10000 explosions.

Ok well time to revive this old thread cause 48 came out the other day.

MASS SPOILERS

Ok well GENESIS was a bit of a let down compared the weapons of mass destruction in other gundam shows but its still pretty powerful.

We get to see Kagari and the pink Strike launch at the end.

Azreal goes insane.... again.

We see Kreuze's new gundam for like 2 secs and MAN does it look BAD. You people say the other gundams are bad well this thing is HORRIBLE. I'm going to have nightmares cause this thing is so FUGLY. I mean what were they smoking when the made this :huh:

And well the EA Stradegy is to Nuke all of Zaft and Zaft's is to use genesis to give earth a major face lift.

So the final battle seems to be starting now everyone has their ultimate MS and all the parties goals have been told now all they gotta do is fight. (I bet the 3 ship army is going to win) :rolleyes:

Here's my rant about it:

Ok well GENESIS was a bit of a let down compared the weapons of mass destruction in other Gundam shows but its still pretty powerful.

It still gets four stars for being vividly visual in the show. And probably that Earth will be blasted by GENESIS and setting up the post-war era of Gundam SEED (reminisence of Gundam X's post-apocolype setting).

We get to see Kagari and the pink Strike launch at the end.

a.k.a. the Strike Rouge Gundam.

We see Kreuze's new gundam for like 2 secs and MAN does it look BAD. You people say the other gundams are bad well this thing is HORRIBLE. I'm going to have nightmares cause this thing is so FUGLY. I mean what were they smoking when the made this.

I seen the advanced preview pictures of the Providence Gundam (Kreuze's new ride) before and it is fudgy. It's not surprising to me since only an insane pilot would use it and Kreuze fits the bill. His ride matches up with the EA Gundam trio quite nicely.

And well the EA's strategy is to nuke all of ZAFT and ZAFT's is to use GENESIS to give Earth a major face lift.

So the final battle seems to be starting now everyone has their ultimate MS and all the parties goals have been told now all they gotta do is fight. (I bet the 3 ship army is going to win)

I bet that Patrick Zala (ZAFT), Azreal (EA) and Krueze isn't gonna live in the end, either. Those three brought down the house onto themselves because of the war and I hope it's done quick. We may also expect the Dominion and its crew gone, Frey and possibly Fraga in the final fight. Freedom would probably be destroyed to stop GENESIS but I bet Kira will survive (if Andrew Bartfield cheated death before, Kira may too).

Then, we'll see Gundam SEED 2 next year focusing on the war's aftermath.

Ok . . . I just uncovered Gundam SEED 49 spoilers. In negative 7 font, here they are (quote this message/copy and paste text to read):

"Genesis's 2nd shot destroyed the Moon Base. Is Earth the next target? EA gathered the remaining troops to attack Plant by deploying the Peacemaker troop to attack with nuclear missiles.

Kira-tachi fight valiantly between Genesis and the nuclear missiles. In the ferocious battle, the M1 team died in battle. Muu and Cruuze are both injured. However, Yzak and others shot down Calamity and Forbidden.

At the same time, although Dominion is fighting with ArcAngel, inside Azrael and Natarle is having a conflict. Natarle ordered the whole crew to evacuate and then fired Lohrengrin.

ArcAngel couldn't avoid the blast. However before the blast hit ArcAngel, Strike took the blast. Murrue is sad and angry of losing Muu. "Lohrengrin fire!!" Nartarle who was stuggling with Azrael also shouted "Open fire! Marrue! Marrue Ramius!" Sacrificing her beloved man, sacrificing herself, 2 women sent one of the causes of this war, Blue Cosmos's leader, to his grave. "

I seen the advanced preview pictures of the Providence Gundam (Kreuze's new ride) before and it is fudgy. It's not surprising to me since only an insane pilot would use it and Kreuze fits the bill. His ride matches up with the EA Gundam trio quite nicely.

You know....I was expecting Providence to be missing some legs. LOL :lol:

I would enjoy it if the producers could squeeze in one more Klueze/Fllaga fight. They've only had 2 fights that we've seen. The first time was a MS vs. MA which was out-classed. Then it was a MS vs. MS fight where Strike was at a disadvantage with non-close quarter combat gear, but now it could be a Providence vs Aile Strike fight. I want one freakin, even, good fight out of those 2.