Anybody Following Gundam Seed?

Mechamaniac

Do they ever explain that newtype "ping" La Fllaga has? Was he really a natural or was there something more to him?

This is one of the reasons I still have hope for Newtypes in there for the second series. Both Mwu and Kuruze did the Newtype ping. Kuruze even sensed Kira approaching a few episodes back. Which leaves more to wonder there as well. Kuruze and Mwu used funnels, though they never specified how. In the beginning of the series there was mention that Mwu was the only guy anyone knew of who could do it.

The wording of the acronym leaves some credence that Newtypes are starting to show up again, just no one there knows what it is or how to recognize it at this stage.

And the three stooges were not coordinators, either. Some early experiment subjects for something.

Of couse all this Newtype talk is just speculation. Until we get those answers. It will be a long wait for the second series.

OMG! , just watched EP49 , and WOW! @.p ...... probobly the best episode yet in the series!. SEED has really become one of my favorite GUNDAM series now that theyve started killing of people in large quanteties :p , and EP49 was just a slaughter! :p , i felt the rush through the entire episode ..... man! , i cant wait to get my hands on a chopped up Forbidden :p , man i loved that mobile suit.

//Dan..

Who do you guys think will destroy the Raider guy finally? I say Buster.

Who do you guys think will destroy the Raider guy finally?  I say Buster.

Maybe Cagali, a little payback for Orb.

Hmm, starting to like that idea better. OK, Cagalli for wiping out the Raider.

And while Kira is doing his thing, whatever that ends up being, Asuran may end up fighting Kuruze. Hell, Asuran, Yzak, and Deakka should all gang up on their old commander.

Edit: spelingg

Edited by Anubis

Who do you guys think will destroy the Raider guy finally?  I say Buster.

Maybe Cagali, a little payback for Orb.

Hmm, starting to like that idea better. OK, Cagalli for wiping out the Raider.

And while Kira is doing his thing, whatever that ends up being, Asuran may end up fighting Kuruze. Hell, Asuran, Yzak, and Deakka should all gang up on their old commander.

Edit: spelingg

That would be really nice, heck Kuruze might kill some of them too, this series finale is going to be another slaughter I think. :blink:

Cagalli killing that Raider A$$ would make it very interesting and really fun to watch, I really hate this moron! :angry:

Can't wait till next week :D

Its a shame Fraga didn't bag one of the 3 Dominion GAT Pilots. I would have liked him to bag Calamity.

Now that I've thought about it the M1 team's deaths meant something to me. Yes to me they were rather nameless (I only knew 2 off the 3 pilots' names off the top of my head) but their deaths helped remind you that the main characters are not invinicible. Yes they lasted through several large fights, but it all boiled down to the fact their skill/luck ran out. Specially for the one who engaged the enemy Gates with the beam saber.

To be honest, the Astray girls getting whacked meant nothing to me, because we know nothing about them. They were barely supporting characters, and received little to no characterization. Pretty faces, doomed to die...

Fraga dying was a lot more upsetting, because he's been with us all this time, and we've gotten to know him. Pity that he never got the chance to smash in Kuruze's face. The writers always put him at a disadvantage in their duels.

On a side note, while I kinda don't like the Providence design, I still have to give it some credit; because with it's Phase Shift scheme, it looks like a NewType equipped Gundam Mk II on steroids. EVIL.

Fraga dying was a lot more upsetting, because he's been with us all this time, and we've gotten to know him. Pity that he never got the chance to smash in Kuruze's face. The writers always put him at a disadvantage in their duels.

I was really hopeing to see a beam saber only duel (or the Strike with that huge sword) between those two, ah well... :(

On another note, when do we see Le Klueze's face?

To be honest, the Astray girls getting whacked meant nothing to me, because we know nothing about them. They were barely supporting characters, and received little to no characterization. Pretty faces, doomed to die...

Can you say.... the Shriek Squadrom from V Gundam? They all died.... we never got to know anything about them other then them being glorified CFs.

Can you say.... the Shriek Squadrom from V Gundam? They all died.... we never got to know anything about them other then them being glorified CFs.

Actually, they did spring to mind, but I wasn't sure how much characterzation they received. Was it as little as the Astray girls, shouting each others names and such inspirational things like 'We won't be defeated!'?

Actually, they did spring to mind, but I wasn't sure how much characterzation they received. Was it as little as the Astray girls, shouting each others names and such inspirational things like 'We won't be defeated!'?

Something like that. I guess you could say they were more mature, kind of like accepting they would be defeated eventually. :)

Fraga dying was a lot more upsetting, because he's been with us all this time, and we've gotten to know him.  Pity that he never got the chance to smash in Kuruze's face.  The writers always put him at a disadvantage in their duels.

I was really hopeing to see a beam saber only duel (or the Strike with that huge sword) between those two, ah well... :(

On another note, when do we see Le Klueze's face?

Yes, I have missed the Sword Package. Last time we saw it was when Kira destroyed the Blitz Gundam. That's it. It has been Launcher or Aile ever since. Shame. Beam Saber on Beam Saber fight would have been cool.

At least we got some Dendrobium-style large beam sabers on the Meteors.

I would say we see Kuruze's face in the finale. As he takes a beating, he loses his helmet, and the mask. Or he takes it off.

I am now hoping very much to see his former subordinates gang up on him. That would be very interesting to see.

Providence's design seems pretty good to me. A good size funnel array, and it really does look like a Newtype equipped Titans Mark II. Kinda sweet in that regard.

As for Mwu, he would have layed the smacketh on Kuruze had they been on equal ground, but he was always put in that handicap position when he had to fight him. MA vs Ginn, Launcher Strike vs CGue, and now Aile Strike vs a bunch of funnels. At least it took the mother of cap ship lasers to take him down for good. The only weapons in Seed bigger than the Lowengreen are the WMD.

I have never seen V, so I can't comment on the Shriek squadron. It would have been nice to see more of the Astray group though. I don't think we ever even saw them launch from the Kusanagi. The could have shown at least a couple board their MS and launch occasionally. Remind us that there are more than just the Gundams on board. Especially the last group launch, right behind or in front of Cagalli, there should have been at least one or two. All we got from them were fighting a few mobile suits on occasion, and the blonde cutting the cable from the ship a few episodes back. They didn't get much screen time on earth, in space they really got the cutting room treatment.

Now, another side question:

In Panama, if that really was an EMP weapon with an N-Jammer Canceller (as it seems to me, I can't think of anything else), what kind of shielding could the Zaft forces have had to protect themselves? They were right there, too. This one has bugged me a little. They never directly explained what the Panama weapon was, or Alaska for that matter. I figued Alaska's Cyclops was a giant Microwave generator array. Anyone know any specifics about those two weapons?

At least they were nice enough to explain that Genesis is a giant Gamma-ray Laser cannon.

As for Mwu, he would have layed the smacketh on Kuruze had they been on equal ground, but he was always put in that handicap position when he had to fight him. MA vs Ginn, Launcher Strike vs CGue, and now Aile Strike vs a bunch of funnels. At least it took the mother of cap ship lasers to take him down for good. The only weapons in Seed bigger than the Lowengreen are the WMD.

Now, another side question:

In Panama, if that really was an EMP weapon with an N-Jammer Canceller (as it seems to me, I can't think of anything else), what kind of shielding could the Zaft forces have had to protect themselves? They were right there, too. This one has bugged me a little. They never directly explained what the Panama weapon was, or Alaska for that matter. I figued Alaska's Cyclops was a giant Microwave generator array. Anyone know any specifics about those two weapons?

At least they were nice enough to explain that Genesis is a giant Gamma-ray Laser cannon.

Besides the funnels, Mwu was actually holding his own versus Providence. Surprisingly, he dodged quite a number of funnels and reacted quite well. In fact, he was able to get close to Providence and engage in close-quarter combat. But greater numbers are still greater numbers. Dealing with more than 1 is always going to be a challenge.

As for the EMP, who knows.

Whats all this talk bout next week? its on friday

Nope.

GundamSEED49-50Animages.jpg

Episode 50 will air on Saturday as usual. However, it will air at 5:30 PM instead of 6:00 PM.

Does anyone know the name of the song from 29's fight, episode 35 when Kira showed up with freedom, and played again in 47 with the nukes? I can't find it, and I'm wondering which OST it's on. Just got OST 3 and it wasn't on it.

Edit: Fixed 48 to 47 like it should have been. Very sleepy today.

Edited by Anubis

Does anyone know the name of the song from 29's fight, episode 35 when Kira showed up with freedom, and played again in 48 with the nukes? I can't find it, and I'm wondering which OST it's on. Just got OST 3 and it wasn't on it.

It's Meteor

Are you sure? I though Meteor was the song where they played when Archangel left Orb the first time and Kira was standing on the Archangel's deck fireing the Launcher cannon at the ZAFT Gundams. The one they played at the Alliance's nuke party was more like an opera.

That's the one. I made a typo and put 48 instead of 47. Sorry bout that. Thanks a lot. Is it on OST II?

Well, what's the name of the song they played at the nuke party and when they shot GENESIS?

I'll have to look when I get home tonight. I'm pretty sure that one is on OST 3. The song that played on the bridge with Natarle and Azrael in 49 is on it too. I love the soundtrack for this series.

By the way, Druna Skass, how did you make the new avatar?

Edited by Anubis

I went and saved the screen shot clusters from here http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200309b.htm and edited one. I toyed with the idea of using the shot with Azrael with the gun and the psycho look in his eyes but it didn't look too good with this site's size limit. :(

Edited by Druna Skass

I went and saved the screen shot clusters from here http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200309b.htm and edited one. I toyed with the idea of using the shot with Azrael with the gun and the psycho look in his eyes but it didn't look too good with this site's size limit. :(

Thanks.

Sorry to copy your trick, but this image seemed to fit my title so nicely.

Can anyone point me out to a nice wallpaper of a meteor unit with Freedom or Justice attached? That would rock :D

Spelling mistake

Only descent Seed wallpaper I've come across is here.

Anybody else find some good ones? A meteor wallpaper would be nice to see, as well.

And where are the wallscrolls for Seed? Surprised I haven't seen any online yet.

Anybody else find some good ones? A meteor wallpaper would be nice to see, as well.

And where are the wallscrolls for Seed? Surprised I haven't seen any online yet.

http://www.gundams.net/index2.shtml for some better wallpapers I got a nice picture of a meteor unit with Freedom attached but it has full of writings, and I dont like that in a wallpaper :(

Anybody else find some good ones?  A meteor wallpaper would be nice to see, as well.

And where are the wallscrolls for Seed?  Surprised I haven't seen any online yet.

http://www.gundams.net/index2.shtml for some better wallpapers I got a nice picture of a meteor unit with Freedom attached but it has full of writings, and I dont like that in a wallpaper :(

Nice wallpapers! Thanks for the link. They even had a copy of Meteor there for me.

The same site just mentioned with the wallpapers and screenshots is now saying they'll have pics of the finale soon once it airs, with a larger grouping than the previous episodes. I'm not sure yet if I want the spoilers or not.

link

EP 50 SPOLERS

Well it was just one MASSIVE fight. Almost all the gundams got trashed.

Isaac got the 3rd Druggie while saving Deakka

Random dude # 34 killed pat.

Asuran and Caggalli took out genesis.

Kira killed Kreuze but Freedom got trashed.

all the crusiers mae it somehow but masively damaged.

Frey got killed by Kreuz :D:D:D

and everyone else lived happily ever after.

Now for SEED 2 predictions Well the Reporter lady in the EA took over ZAFT from the White haired lady. I think these two are going to be the new Major bad dudes in SEED 2. Just a thought though.