Progress shots Resin Rei figure

Sam

Heres how she looks on the towel now.. please notice how the feet should all be touching on ground or something... and bonus, she no longer falls flat on her face!! woohooo! :p

hehe :D

sorry bout the rushed photo, theres no daylight for a good shot, and Im always tired so cant be bothered to try anything else lol

post-26-1085234830_thumb.jpg

ooooo i c... :huh:

Thats all right then, I think, cuz I wasn't really sure y he wanted to beat something with a club, I thought it was a social thing I wasn't up to speed on :huh::p

I must be getting old.. :blink:

so now i can say ' thanks guys' heh

keep ur eyes peeled for the next ten minutes.. it *might* flash up in this thread, what my idea was!! ;)

Well, I was planning on doing pavers for like beside a pool, kinda like u always see her, and, from the series perspective, i think its a more likely scenario, but hey, this is my model, and thanks to an idea that JBO made me think of, Im gonna put her on a beach instead, even though Rei would prob never go to one :p

Now, Im hoping this isn't overdoing it, I dont *think* I have, but basically took the large oval base i was going to leave normal stain colour, put heap of woodglue on it, put the towel on it then sprinkled sand all over. I then waited a bit for it to set slightly then added more glue around to try and simulate ridges and typical look for sand, with adequate results i feel.

* was tempted to try and do water, but not nuff room on the base, would look to squashed if I had..*

now the beach ball, probably wont leave that golf ball i found as the beach ball, but was the ONLY thing I could find in the house the size i wanted. :p:unsure: Will probably try find a ping pong ball later, but for illustrative purposes, the golf ball is fine B)) I just quickly freehanded colour on the ball, to make it look beachy. Definatly will get a round ball though later one, then i will have an awesome rainbow ball to belt round the golf course heheh

So there it is! I pretty sure thats all I can do for this figure!

post-26-1085295229_thumb.jpg

just dont have anything else lying round, but yeh, anything completely round would do :)

:D

was tempted before i painted it to just quickly putty and sand it smooth, then my brain kicked in, and thought better of trying to sand a million little bumps smooth ! heh

I find something when i go to work this week instead of my golf ball :p:)

When inspiration strikes, you need to dodge!

Seriously, I like the effect. The beach ball especially.

And now your Rei is completely diffrent than everyone else's, too.

Exactly. :D

Just an observation. White sand (typical of really good beaches) would probably go better than the current colour.

Otherwise, an excellent piece.

yeh, that was kinda annoying me as well. But I dont have any here at home either, thats all I had, kinda like the golf ball :(:p good thing though with how its made, if i find some in a shop, a small layer over the top with a bit more glue will fix it up :)

I only worry now is the poor girl doesn't get any in her swimmers, cuz its a right pain to get out again, not to mention VERY uncomfortable :blink::p:p

when i find the suitable ball, and find some nice white sand, I will redo and post me thinks :)

thanks again :):)

P.S if anyone lives near a really beautiful beach, and wants to post me some nice sand here in australia, go right ahead. Be a cool way of making an international model :) Probably would need a cup at most :) Be a good conversation starter LOL. Or even if someone round here in Aust has a nice beach nearby ;)

:) Thanks wolfx, :)

so r u gonna invest in some o those ebay resin kits to practice on??

And as for the Gold Coast, I live near Canberra, right down the bottom of Oz, but I do agree, gold coast has some beautiful beaches... yessireee bob... :p

I just saw this Treking the world kinda program showing some beaches and elephants swimming on some gorgeous beaches! makes me want to try and do another diorama and make water and sand now LOL .. I once did a spawn diorama with dead trees, rock walls and dirt, with this little stream on it... looked pretty cool but was too big for my house(too many toys and models) so had to chuck it..

kept some of the trees I made though.. called it my 'dead forest'..scary hey :blink::blink:

might take a photo later if anyone wants to see what it was?

but time to have a shower ! :D

Just an observation. White sand (typical of really good beaches) would probably go better than the current colour.

yeh, that was kinda annoying me as well. But I dont have any here at home either, thats all I had, kinda like the golf ball :

:blink::blink:

Might I suggest.. painting the current sand into a whitish colour?

yeh, that was kinda annoying me as well. But I dont have any here at home either, thats all I had, kinda like the golf ball :

:):) Two left hands? must be hard buying mittens? j/k :p thanks gusy:)

As for painting the base,im fairly competent with painting, but sand has a lot of different colours in it usually, I dont feel confident that I would get it right, so I will just find some nice fine white sand, which probably has ten shades of white. Call me lazy :p

Well mate, i tried finding some white sand and gave up after lack of ..well, any type of sand. :p

So i tried doing what you thought, but not quite painting, i did however do a white wash on it, which allowed some of the residual colour to still show though but overall being white.. :)

I also found some super bouncy balls that will work as beach balls, they look kinda cool in the marble colour they are, but have 3 so might still paint one like a beach ball anyway to see how it turns out..

funny thing bout those balls, found them in a 2 dollar shop, after looking all over in target and grocery store and I couldnt' find anything, I found them there, and i went up to the counter, pulled out my wallet to pay for these TWO dollar balls, and other than a moth, all that fell out was One dollar and ten cents..!!!

I had to tell the owner of a TWO DOLLAR STORE that I will be back with enough money!! bloody embarrassing let me tell u, and I sounded like a dick cuz he said "why not buy these ones that look like eyeballs for a dollar? " but nooooooooooo, I had to have these... *sigh*..

oh well, its all art, and artists are kooky anyways!! :blink::p:DB))

(he laughed when i came back in the store later with some money too, chuckled till I walked out... :p )

but yeh, i think i like it this way.. my gf says she liked the old sand more.. so dunno..........

post-26-1085754965_thumb.jpg