around the world in 80 days

No. Movie bad. Movie no Jules Verne novel. Phineas Fogg eccentric businessman, not crazy inventor. Passeporteau French butler, not crazy Chinese martial artist. Movie make brain hurt, though it make Verne spin in grave fast enough to power Paris.

No. Movie bad. Movie no Jules Verne novel. Phineas Fogg eccentric businessman, not crazy inventor. Passeporteau French butler, not crazy Chinese martial artist. Movie make brain hurt, though it make Verne spin in grave fast enough to power Paris.

Wonder how HG felt about the 60's version of War of the Worlds, or the newer 90's craptacular adventure known as Independance War :rolleyes:

Wonder how HG felt about the 60's version of War of the Worlds, or the newer 90's craptacular adventure known as Independance War :rolleyes:

Or how about the 2002 version of The Time Machine? I'm pretty sure H.G. Wells won't be too pleased to see his work butchered like that... especially when its by his great-grand son!! (Simon Wells directed the movie, he is the great grand son of H.G. Wells)

Or how about the 2002 version of The Time Machine? I'm pretty sure H.G. Wells won't be too pleased to see his work butchered like that... especially when its by his great-grand son!! (Simon Wells directed the movie, he is the great grand son of H.G. Wells)

Ugh..... Don't mention that movie again

It's based on the concept not the book. Looks good so far.  Jackie Chan is cool!

I love Jacki Chan, but I bleh. I just can't forgive him for this <_< I'll try and give it a fair chance as a fun popcorn flick, but I am so tired of seeing clasics bastardized. Damnit Peter Jackson! Make me a decent adaptation of a Jules or a HG Wells novel! :p

Edited by GobotFool

Looks like standard Hollywood tripe. I'm not even interested enough to be annoyed that it strays wildly from the Verne masterpiece.

Schwarzenegger = Good Movie

and what do you have to say about the movie he was pregnant?

for me "Arnold Schwarzenegger = Good Action Movie"

What about the so called action movie, Batma*ACK*COUGH*

I.love.Arnold.

I.also.love.the.moderator.Max.Jenius.that.had.nothing.to.do.with.this.

I.love.Arnold.

Yep, Arnold and I do rock.

:ph34r:

I can prove that theory wrong with three words:

Last Action Hero.

I cannot argue, it was shamefull... However it sucked next to other Arnold movies... Not next to other movies in general. Therefore:

No Schwarzenegger = Not a good movie

Last Action Hero.

I cannot argue, it was shamefull... However it sucked next to other Arnold movies... Not next to other movies in general. Therefore:

Didn't we talk about this a little before?

btw, Macross never had Schwarzenegger in it, therefore your theory is invalid.

Last Action Hero.

I'm certain if we look hard enough, we'll find him in there somewhere.

Last Action Hero.

Well, that would be hard considering Macross animated, but just to prove my theory once again, I think the character, Vrlitwhai Kridanik was based on Arnold...

Therefore the method is still proven true.

I.love.Arnold.

Max you bastard :p Arn't there rules in the moderator hand book about altering people's posts.

Edited by GobotFool