New Eva Figures with Rei and Asuka

The Sega Plus Suit Figures are out, and I think they look pretty good with these pics. Let's see how they look when I line them up with my Misato statue.

Asuka

post-26-1096389949_thumb.jpg

More Eva figures upcoming:

I will say this: HOW ABOUT SOME MORE MISATO FIGURES ALREADY :angry:

It's Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka. Two measly Misato figures so far, and only one Shinji (upcoming). Unfair.

Anyway, reissing the classroom figures in Jan.

post-26-1096390471_thumb.jpg

In Mar, more on the humorous side, Rei and Asuka Nurse figures.

post-26-1096390566_thumb.jpg

Also in March, the actually original, and sort of tempting End of Eva collection featuring *gasp* a SHINJI and a Lilith Rei. This one I might get.

So in the end from Sega I'll have the China Dress figures, the Plug Suits, and the EoE set. Maybe an Onsen Misato if I can get one separately. I'd still like a Shinji Plug Suit eventually to go with my other uniformed cast.

Edited by Anubis

It's Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka. Two measly Misato figures so far, and only one Shinji (upcoming). Unfair.

Misato's too old for the lolita perv market in Japan.

shirtchikan_p2057.gif

I will say this:  HOW ABOUT SOME MORE MISATO FIGURES ALREADY :angry:

It's Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka.  Two measly Misato figures so far, and only one Shinji (upcoming).  Unfair.

Misato's too old for the lolita perv market in Japan.

shirtchikan_p2057.gif

I know, *sniff*, but at least there's some hope with Belldandy, Mizuho, and others who are older characters and yet still popular and marketed (though obviously not as much). Hopefully more Misato lovin will come in time.

Edited by Anubis

I'm so glad they are reissuing the study time rei and asuka. I liked that one but they sold out fast. ;)

And from your list, don't forget Party time rei,asuka, hikari. :)

Coming up real soon, eva sadamoto set 3.

EvaP3_ebay2.jpg

PS: Bad news on the Poseable asuka though. I got a friend to translate that page for me and apparently you have to send a form of sorts to Shounen Ace Monthly and THEN they will send the figure to you. It doesn't come with any manga/magazine.....at least not yet. They apprently did the same for the Rei figure on April (which was also released with the manga)

Edited by wolfx

where does one order these latest batch of rei/asuka goodies?

and where's that poseable asuka?

edit - well this sucks:

"For Evangelion (and Keroro Gunso - Sgt Frog) fans, the December 2004 issue of Shonen Ace-A magazine (on sale 26 October 2004) will come with a coupon to apply for an Asuka action figure by Masaki Apsy, who also created the Rei action figure which came with the first limited edition of volume 9 of the Evangelion manga. Here's another pic of the Asuka figure. Note: the magazine does not come with the figure - instead, the magazine will contain a coupon. You'll need to cut out the coupon and send it in (with money - it's not a freebie) to purchase the figure. Source: Mangaoh Club. Presumably applications won't be accepted from overseas... The December 2004 issue will also come with an Afro Gunso strap."

yay more fodder for ebay :(

Edited by MrDisco

:lol: I posted the new gashapons a page back wolfx. :lol:

Right now the pre-orders are up at Hobby Search for the latest sega eva batches, though I can't recommend them anymore (as explained earlier).

HLJ should have the pre-orders up soon, they already have the classroom set order posted, the others should follow.

Then there's evil-bay. Anyone else find a good Sega Eva source?

I'm sure Twin Moons or Animecastle will get most of these eventually too after a wait.

Edited by Anubis

"...and one time, in band camp, I put a flute in my..."

Rei

Wow, Rei is really nice! I might pick one up. :)

It's Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka, Rei Asuka.  Two measly Misato figures so far, and only one Shinji (upcoming).  Unfair.

Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel? :p

Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel? :p

:lol::lol:

is anyone from japan who's willing to order the asuka figure on my behalf? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

also was that link for HLJ for the EVA school figures the one where they are sitting at their desk or the one where they are cleaning up? there is no picture in the listing so i'm not sure which one is being offered.

is anyone from japan who's willing to order the asuka figure on my behalf? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

also was that link for HLJ for the EVA school figures the one where they are sitting at their desk or the one where they are cleaning up? there is no picture in the listing so i'm not sure which one is being offered.

The Jan release is the sitting at the desk version, so that's what's there now. "Clean up" is in feb, so that preorder should show up soon too.

rei was a bonus item that came with volume 9 of the japanese edition EVA manga. asuka it appears is a mail-away if you buy the magazine and send money.

FYI, not just the Japanese edition of the manga. The.. well "A" chinese translator either in HK or Taiwan gotten a deal I believe, and that's how I got my Rei posable.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering, remember some members here enlisted the help of sites that help you bid stuff in Yahoo Japan and send it to you? Do you guys think they can help order the asuka and send it to us?

And what were those sites again?

Forgot to mention I got the plugsuit figures in. They go pretty good with the Misato statue I have after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Christmas figures of Rei and Asuka late last week. Can't take pictures unfortunately, parents went on vacation and took the digital camera with them!

They're HUGE though. They are at eye-level with the chest of my MG Freedom Gundam when its on its flight stand! Paint detail looks good, they're a bit... leggy, but anime females tend to be, so I guess that's keeping to the source material. :blink:

I got the Christmas figures of Rei and Asuka late last week. Can't take pictures unfortunately, parents went on vacation and took the digital camera with them!

They're HUGE though. They are at eye-level with the chest of my MG Freedom Gundam when its on its flight stand! Paint detail looks good, they're a bit... leggy, but anime females tend to be, so I guess that's keeping to the source material. :blink:

I considered buying those new Sega Christmas figures, when I thought they were going to be 12-14 cm, but then I saw they ended up being the size of the plugsuit girls I took a picture of above. Big figures.

Best Chirstmas ones IMO are the ones that came with the Vol. 7 of the Manga in Japan. Gashapon size. Got the Rei one of those, can't find Asuka for cheap enough yet. :(

There was a set of both vol. 7's on ebay recently (or currently actually).

Nothing wrong with being leggy.