Original Takatoku/Bandai Valks Diecast Content?

Powered Convoy

Hey guys,

I have all the Bandai Reissues, and I've noticed that my Jetfire has a diecast nosecone while all the Reissues have plastic. Now my question is, did the Takatoku and Bandai originals have a diecast nosecone or plastic? I remember that page from years ago comparing the original Hikaru VF-1J to the Reissue, but I don't remember them mentioning any difference in diecast content. So is Jetfire the exception? Thanks.

I didn't see any posts about this. Probably too old of a question.

Randy

uhm, I dont' believe the jetfires came with diecast nosecones either. I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure I'm not.

I am 100% sure they did not come with diecast nosecones. Perhaps the metal landing gear leads one to believe the nosecone may also contain diecast metal too. But not one of my Takatoku or Bandai 1/55s have a diecast nosecone. ;)

Really? I could have sworn it was diecast. I'm not sure where mine is at the moment, but I do still have it. It's really beat. I was talking to a friend of mine, and he was saying the same thing about the nosecone being diecast. This is interesting...I'll have to go and find it to make sure.

Randy

Edited by Powered Convoy

Unless you have some wierd varient unbeknownst to anyone yet in the Transformers or Macross world, your Jetfire has a plastic nose.

Most likely right. Like I said, I'll have to dig it out. I might call my friend and ask him to check his too, as he said the same thing. I believe his is at his parents house.

Randy

Could be because the Jefire has a glossy red paint on the nosecone, leading one to remember it was more than plastic?

That might be it. BUt I thought I remember it being diecast. My brother thinks it was diecast too. The problem is I still have it but I'm not sure where it is at the moment. It would involve me turning my house upside down to find it...:(

Randy

'Tis plastic for me.. I believe you all were right in saying so, but he said it and I was like.. 'wait' WAS it metal? :blink:

But yeah.. plastic.. Like you're gonn break it anyway... I seriously brused a finger from the wheels of the landing gear hitting it when I popped it open.. :lol:

Man, reading this, I could have sworn my Jetfire nose was die-cast too. But I take everyone at their word that it was not. Must have been the glossy paint. But I could have sword I remembered it chipping and showing metal underneath.

Oh well. . .

Plastic it is. . .

H

I seriously brused a finger from the wheels of the landing gear hitting it when I popped it open.. :lol:

One of the only faults I have with the chunky monkeys. They must have loaded those springs with industrial strength, ex-military grade truck springs. Or so it seems like that every time I flip mine out. I can't ell you the number of times I got a solid thwack on my finger opening a landing gear on one of my chunky monkeys. It friggin hurts!