online vendors list

hey there!

just a small suggestion but is it possible to have a online macross/robotech vendors list pinned or something in the "where to buy" section?

nothing fancy, just a list of the sites/individuals(dudes that sell here), and a some brief info on locations, shipping, that sort of thing. i just think it would helpful to everyone if they/we knew all our options. i wouldn't mind updating it myself if need be but i think it would benefit the whole community and also reduce the "where can i get this" type of questions that pop up here all too often.

i've been keeping a small list going myself and passing it around when people ask for info, no biggie for me but it would make more sense if it was pinned.

anyhow, its just a thought, so let me know what you guys think?

take care and thanks for your time. :)

Achem, they do have one on the main site, convinently labeled "Where to Buy." The site isn't just the message boards, of course. :)

I think it would be a great idea. Yes there is a WHERE TO BUY on the main page, but it hasn't been updated in a long time.

I am a vendor of sorts, but mostly I consider myself as a service provider if that makes sense.

ROb

I'd suggest one of those wonky fur coats as well, but wouldn't that just be redundant? :p

Edited by Pat Payne

holy off topic! :o

back on topic....

yes i know theres a somewhat of a vendors list on the main page but most people here don't go through the main page when they come here.....atleast i don't. :unsure: do any of you vets? the new guys damn sure don't check out that section, they come straight over to the forums and post away like mad men. :p

as i said, i don't mind keeping the list updated myself, it really isn't a lot of work considering i'm doing it anyway. i'm just saying, it would make more sense to have it pinned or something in the "where to buy section" in the forums where members interact and are more likely to see it. it will help all us find new sources for our addiction and give us a way of getting the most bang for our buck.

anyhow, its just a suggestion, if they(owners) don't want to do it, i'll keep updating my list and provided to those who ask. :)

Honestly I think the vendors should pimp themselves. There's nothing wrong with getting on a thread or starting one and saying that they have so and so items. It also tells you which vendor has more free time to be taking care of stuff. Because if they're too busy to post, then they're too busy to asnwer PMs and get stuff done. Many dealers have repeatedly said that this was something that they do on they're spare time so we can only expect as much. We can pretty much tell which dealer is active and which ones are on somekind of hiatus or have simply given up the time. Right? I mean who would you by from?

Kevin

SpideyJerusalem

Soze

Mylene

PosseCommititus

RobMN

Tamim

A couple of examples in no particular order with different reputations and posting habits. You decide.

mmmm,i like your idea. as >exo< said,alot of these guys are busy.if 1 of us organized a section to point a potential buyer in the right direction.it will only benefit all in volved.having 1 of us manage it seems better too.we're here more often & are more in touch with what folks are looking for.i had a similar idea a few years ago.it was called the "straight shooter's " thread.i've since turned over control to dangard ace,but it has served us well for some time.charge on dude.i support your idea. ;)

Hey Hatrist,

Why don't you just go ahead and make a thread in the Wanted or Dealer Announcements section. If it catches on then it might have a good chance of getting pinned.

Just a thought. Oh yeah...sorry for going to Off-Topic in your thread :unsure: It just kinda happened.

Rob

If someone could make like a page that show the map of the world, and if we simply "click" on a portion of the map we get a whole list of retailers with some recommendations, products, methods of payments, shipping and so on. That would be cool.

exo,

i wasn't talking about pimpin anyone. :p i'm just talking about a list like this....

toy-wave

contact Ken, seller is overseas, shipping quotes on site.

bigbadtoystore

contact Joel, seller in chicago, shipping starts at $4.99

valkyrie-exchange

contact Kevin, located in Cali, ask for shipping quote.

tmpanime

contact Tamim, located in Cali, ask for shipping quote.

soze

MW member, contact Jim, located in US(notsure exactly? he is kaiser soze!) ask for shipping quotes.

neova

MW member, contact Anthony, located overseas, ask for shipping quote.

or something like this...like i said nothing fancy just a FYI type of thing. :)

valkyrietestpilot,

i will keep the hope alive!

Monkey-N,

i will do just that. and no worries going off topic, its a message board, its to be expected. ;)

exo,

i wasn't talking about pimpin anyone. :p i'm just talking about a list like this....

toy-wave

contact Ken, seller is overseas, shipping quotes on site.

bigbadtoystore

contact Joel, seller in chicago, shipping starts at $4.99

valkyrie-exchange

contact Kevin, located in Cali, ask for shipping quote.

tmpanime

contact Tamim, located in Cali, ask for shipping quote.

soze

MW member, contact Jim, located in US(notsure exactly? he is kaiser soze!) ask for shipping quotes.

neova

MW member, contact Anthony, located overseas, ask for shipping quote.

or something like this...like i said nothing fancy just a FYI type of thing. :)

valkyrietestpilot,

i will keep the hope alive!

Monkey-N,

i will do just that. and no worries going off topic, its a message board, its to be expected. ;)

Nah. I got you. I just believe that the vendors should do the footwork themselves. But if you want to make it easier for everyone, I think you'll be doing a great service. ;)

Good luck! :)

You would think folks would read our SIGs as signs of promotion already. :D

Besides posting away about toys, models and customs, I don't have time to pimp my services anymore than most other dealers. It is funny that most folks don't visit the dealer forums anyways. heh

Maybe Shawn can give us dealers Vegas like flashing lights and nekkid hotties to pimp our services in our sigs. :p So in the meantime, I promise to think of ways to take as much of your money away as possible while selling crap knockoffs made from illegal child labor in some hidden sewage den where CHUD spawned near HG's headquarters. Just living up to my dealer responsibilities! My power to me! :huh:<_<:unsure::blink::p:D:lol:

J/K for the humor impaired.

BTW: I'm in Hong Kong if that matter, Rob is in Japan, Toy Wave is in Hong Kong and Noel is in Singapore. I don't know about the rest outside of the USA!

I am a vendor of sorts, but mostly I consider myself as a service provider if that makes sense.

The word is "pimp".

:p

:o:lol:

Now I just need to get one of those pimp hats for my monkey suit!

Rob

Well... somebody had to do it. :lol:

post-21-1083599637.jpg

well i got the list going in the where to buy section and i'll keep upsating it as i get more info.

Neova,

most people here ignore the sigs for the most part, so unless your posting a 100 times day, it highly unlikely anyone would notice it. having the list of vendors, will make it easier for everyone, new members, old members, and for those special members who are too lazy to use the search function or look before they post. :p

Blaine23,

:lol::lol::lol: great pic! :lol::lol::lol:

The word is "pimp".

:p

:o:lol:

Now I just need to get one of those pimp hats for my monkey suit!

Rob

Well... somebody had to do it. :lol:

This just became my new avatar...hope you don't mind :lol::lol::lol: