MG 1/100 Aile Strike

wolfx

Still don't hold a candle to a Studio Reckless Gundam, even if it is something as simplistic as a Pixy:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ereckless/gal.../pixy/pixy.html

Or as classic as a Rx-78-2 and Rx-77-2:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ereckless/gal...X-78-2002a.html

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ereckless/gal.../77-2/77-2.html

Or as flashy as a Rx-78-4/5:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ereckless/gal.../78-4/78-4.html

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ereckless/gal.../78-5/78-5.html

Or as utilitarian as a GM Spartan:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ereckless/gal...an/spartan.html

Or as impressive as a Byg Zam ver Ka.:

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ereckless/gal...ma/byg/byg.html

Now that's what I call Gundam Integral. Well, the Studio calls it that too, but it makes perfect sense.

Hmph..... They all have big butties <_<

BTW till now I don`t have any MG only HG and MSIA but I thinking to get this MG kit :

http://www.bandai-asia.com/gundam/products...M-79N/big00.jpg

With the armor schneiders. Schneiders??!?! Is that german for knife?

If you still care to know, schneider means cutter; so Armor Schneiders are armor cutters.

Hmph..... They all have big butties <_<

Ack. You're probably one of them.

BTW till now I don`t have any MG only HG and MSIA but I thinking to get  this MG kit :

I can't really say I recommend the GM Custom kit. It's an old kit, and the quality shows. It's not entirely well detailed or accurate either. After seeing the BEE-Craft lineart in the manual, I promise you will want to chuck the kit's internal frame out the window.

Get the MG Aile Strike instead, if you don't mind the design.

As far as a representation of the GM Custom goes, the MSiA would be better.

Could someboby explain me the differences between the Fix Figuration , High Grade and MG kits ?

I´m fairly new to all this stuff and I´m interested on the 1/100 Astray Red Frame.

Do I need some degree of modeling skills o not ?

Could someboby explain me the differences between the Fix Figuration , High Grade and MG kits ?

Gundam FIX Figuration (abbreviated GFF) is a line of expensive action figures. It's supposedly based on Katoki's linearts, but more often than not, they stray far from his original vision. In anycase, their quality is better than MSiA, they are made of better materials, and their packaging is much nicer (not to say that MSiA packaging is crap. MSiA packaging is still better than most).

Display pieces, you could say.

HG kits are model kits. Since it's Bandai, think of them as unassembled action figures. Molded in colors with stickers (!), just snip the parts off and snap them to each other.

MG kits are more complicated HG kits. There are more gimmicks than your standard action figures, such as internal frames. These come with dry transfer markings as well as stickers, and many, many parts. Sometimes too many.

I´m fairly new to all this stuff and I´m interested on the 1/100 Astray Red Frame.

Absolutely not. If you have assembled toys before, you'll be fine. The instruction manual is very straight forward. Like I said, cut and snap.

Could someboby explain me the differences between the Fix Figuration , High Grade and MG  kits ?

Gundam FIX Figuration (abbreviated GFF) is a line of expensive action figures. It's supposedly based on Katoki's linearts, but more often than not, they stray far from his original vision. In anycase, their quality is better than MSiA, they are made of better materials, and their packaging is much nicer (not to say that MSiA packaging is crap. MSiA packaging is still better than most).

Display pieces, you could say.

HG kits are model kits. Since it's Bandai, think of them as unassembled action figures. Molded in colors with stickers (!), just snip the parts off and snap them to each other.

MG kits are more complicated HG kits. There are more gimmicks than your standard action figures, such as internal frames. These come with dry transfer markings as well as stickers, and many, many parts. Sometimes too many.

Absolutely not. If you have assembled toys before, you'll be fine. The instruction manual is very straight forward. Like I said, cut and snap.

Thanks mate. ;):)

Good news to me then , this means I´ll be able to buy this item and not worry about screwing up with the paint job or anything.

I´m really enthusiastic about buying this kit cause I really like the design of that mecha , not that I´m a fan of Gundam personally but as a mecha fan I find it quite cool.

I think I´ll wait some time before I get a MG till I got the skills to build one and do justice to the kit and the design.

Anyway , I´m also interested on the GFF Cross Bone Gundam X-2. It´s funny the fact that other fans find this GFF kits to be expensive cause after being a collectionist of Macross toys for the last couple of years you get used to paying over $80 an item , and so far I´ve found this kits for less that $40-30. :lol:

Excuse the interruption, but I just posted this in another MG thread for any missing suits in your collection or newcomers....

Somewhat OT (and maybe old news), but there's a killer sale at SMALL BLUE PLANET with some cheap MG kits!!

Just picked up a Super Gundam for $14.99

They also have:

GP02A - $14.99

Master Gundam - $9.99

MS-05B (Black Trinity) - $9.99

Shipping starts at only $4.99 within U.S.

Excuse the interruption, but I just posted this in another MG thread for any missing suits in your collection or newcomers....

Somewhat OT (and maybe old news), but there's a killer sale at SMALL BLUE PLANET with some cheap MG kits!!

They also have:

GP02A - $14.99

Master Gundam - $9.99

Wow, those prices are insane. Are they Bendi kits? :D

Yup. Stated as such.

And the GP02A isn't pictured as the TRU edition.

They even had a Sazabi kit for $49.99.

Too bad I have all but the Super, I'd have taken 'em all.

**EDIT***

D'oh :blink: , just got the joke......blushing.gif

Edited by GRAND CANNON

While I do not have any HGs, only MGs, my 2 cents would be:

hmm.  ok is a master grade more durable than a high grade?

To add more confusion, it would depend on the kit itself. For instance, say a Dom to a S Gundam. Less fragile protusions on the Dom to get damaged.

and are any of them as durable as toys?

Ditto. Some of my kits have taken a slight fall and survived, but I know some would not. Also depends on what kind of durability you mean -- repeated pose movement or playability? They are still models although they are sometimes referred to as "Action Figure Model Kits". So this ends up breaking down to the types of plastic, IMO.

You could throw an MSiA at the wall and have no issue. Throw an MG kit at the wall and you'll need a vacuum. :blink::p

playability wise. cant help but play with somehing so detailed. which is why i play the hell out of my 1/48. when i hear someone say "oh gotd its fragile i just transfdorm it and leave it there uh oh ehart attack time oh phew it folded right" it only aggrevates me to whip it out and put it through rough play to prove the naysayers wrong. holy crap that didnt sound right at all.

but yea i play with my toys. IM mainly speaking of the later master grades with ABS internal frames and such. I got msia but i want something more detailed and there are only 4 arch enemies. i need more.

Hmph.....  They all have big butties  <_<

Ack. You're probably one of them.

BTW till now I don`t have any MG only HG and MSIA but I thinking to get  this MG kit :

I can't really say I recommend the GM Custom kit. It's an old kit, and the quality shows. It's not entirely well detailed or accurate either. After seeing the BEE-Craft lineart in the manual, I promise you will want to chuck the kit's internal frame out the window.

Get the MG Aile Strike instead, if you don't mind the design.

As far as a representation of the GM Custom goes, the MSiA would be better.

Same goes to you. BTW I`m planing to get the MG Strike, I already ordred the HG version.

Yup. Stated as such. [That these are Bendi kits]

Where?

I was to quick on the reply button and then realized he said "BENDI" not "BANDAI".

To clarify, if needed, they are listed as Bandai 1/100 Gundam Kits with pictures of the MG kits.

And as of this posting, it appears that only the SUPER and GP02A remain.

I was to quick on the reply button and then realized he said "BENDI" not "BANDAI".

To clarify, if needed, they are listed as Bandai 1/100 Gundam Kits with pictures of the MG kits.

And as of this posting, it appears that only the SUPER and GP02A remain.

Ah.

Well, if that were the case, then these are damn good deals. I'm getting me a MG GP02.

They also have:

GP02A - $14.99

Master Gundam - $9.99

LISTEN TO THIS CRAP!! (What luck I have....)

I go ahead and share the info to those who are interested and place my order for a Super Gundam.

It's confirmed THREE TIMES and I send a money order.

They call me today and say they OVERSOLD!!! <_<

Of course, I say "So what. How about YOU find another kit and send it to honor what YOU have confirmed." ........nothing, but apologies and that "it has happened to many other people due to their sale".............CHUMPS!!!

End up getting the refund+cost of stamp+cost of money order and free shipping on a future order.....whooppeee

I WANTED MY SUPER GUNDAM!!!!

:angry::angry:

But I digress........hopefully whoever ordered from MW got what they wanted! You lucky bastages!!! :p

BTW.......anyone got an extra Super Gundam lying around for $20?? :rolleyes:;):p

They also have:

GP02A - $14.99

Master Gundam - $9.99

LISTEN TO THIS CRAP!! (What luck I have....)

I go ahead and share the info to those who are interested and place my order for a Super Gundam.

It's confirmed THREE TIMES and I send a money order.

They call me today and say they OVERSOLD!!! <_<

Of course, I say "So what. How about YOU find another kit and send it to honor what YOU have confirmed." ........nothing, but apologies and that "it has happened to many other people due to their sale".............CHUMPS!!!

End up getting the refund+cost of stamp+cost of money order and free shipping on a future order.....whooppeee

I WANTED MY SUPER GUNDAM!!!!

:angry::angry:

But I digress........hopefully whoever ordered from MW got what they wanted! You lucky bastages!!! :p

BTW.......anyone got an extra Super Gundam lying around for $20?? :rolleyes:;):p

Man, I feel for you. I paid for mine at MSRP + shipping from HLJ years ago. You probably won't be spending that much buying it from within the US these days.

It's one of those "Too Good to be True" deals.

......*sniff*......can a man get a moment.....*sniff-sniff*........

And I know what you're sayin', Jolly, I got my Sazabi through HLJ upon it's release and I gawked in awe when I saw the sale price.

But as they say, "Goes with the hobby". ;)

OK , I´m a bit confused , I did a little research on the 1/100 Gundam Astray Red Frame kit and found this.

From what people had told me here I do not need to paint or do anything else to the kit except assemble it and put the stikers , but from what I see on the pics it seems I do need to paint the kit.

In the first part we see the assembled kit , that´s how it´s supposed to look like , but is that how it will look like just by assembling it and puting the stikers ?

So what do I do ? paint it or not ? it´s been a decade since I last tried to paint a model kit. :(

PS. Are there any plans of releasing GFF Seed figures in the future , or is that just whishful thinking ?

post-26-1084038328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aegis!

it will not look as detail as the one on the pic. All panel lining will not be there, you know the black lines on the red/white parts. Also the white red and black will be more glosses since there's no coloring, shadows, weather, pudding, sanding etc. Pretty much it'll look similar to the pic minus some fine paint detail. The MG Strike show here was no color, so it'll still look pretty good right?.

Oh one thing,, the 1/100 astray you're showing is not a Mastergrade, it's a little better than the High grade but not yet Mastergrade quality. Just that the size is 1/100 ( similar to other matergrades) instead of the regular 1/144 High grade.

You do know the white parts aren't pictured right? From what I've seen with Bandai and these Gundam SEED kits is there's almost no painting involed (unless you get the shitty HG Freedom Gundam which needs A LOT of painting, even in 1/100 scale <_< ) You don't really have to worry about doing any major painting with this Gundam Astray though, From the looks of the instructions and trees, it looks like there is basic touch-ups here and there (if that, IMO) So no real need to worry!

it will not look as detail as the one on the pic. All panel lining will not be there, you know the black lines on the red/white parts. Also the white red and black will be more glosses since there's no coloring, shadows, weather, pudding, sanding etc. Pretty much it'll look similar to the pic minus some fine paint detail. The MG Strike show here was no color, so it'll still look pretty good right?.

Oh one thing,, the 1/100 astray you're showing is not a Mastergrade, it's a little better than the High grade but not yet Mastergrade quality. Just that the size is 1/100 ( similar to other matergrades) instead of the regular 1/144 High grade.

Thanks mate.

I think I´ll just limit miself to panel lines since that´s as far as my confidence goes with model kits.

Yeah , i already knew it wasn´t a MG. Still , if it´s a tad better than HG then I´m happy , more value for money.

I´ll be getting this along with the GFF X-2 Cross Bone Gundam.

PS. Any recomendations in regards to the Astray ? should I do something else apart from panel lines ? any problems found in this kit ?

Cheers.

Nice kit  how long did it take you to make MG-Strike ?. I was thinking to get it but I also want the Metal Material Sword & Launcher Strike Gundam, difficult to choose since I originally wanted the Metal Alie Strike (out of print) ............. to much money

Image Anime has these for cheap... I just picked one up from a different etailer for a bit more, but I was impatient... I did a google search for "chogokin Aile Strike" and found several listings... however many of the stores were out of stock and my orders kept getting cancelled, which was why I got impatient and payed more for mine, but try Image Anime, good luck!!!

• 3 months later...