Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I'm panel lining my v.2.0 MK II and it does bring out a lot of the detail. The head just looks sweet with all the lines. I'm using watered grey acrylic paint for the white parts and black for the colored pieces.

The MKII looks great, the only problem I find is that the leg-hip parts could've been a little tighter (a bit of glue or paint should remedy this).

I got an entire leg done it does look pretty cool. The ball jointed hips could use a lil work cause a lil twist and they tend to wanna pop out of the leg.

The only real painting I've done was too the pilot figures and soon I'm gonna do the tech normal suits and the cooling vents on the skirt armor and the head. I was almost tempted on doing an entire detail paint job to make it more mechanical like.....but considering I never show off the skeletal side of the MG's, I thought nah.

I also finished painting the body parts of the Aile and Skygrasper and they look FANTASTIC.

I'll do alot of detail work on that, pilot figures, cockpit, canopy, the works...I wont finish that till maybe next week honestly.....I'm gonna spend my time finishing the MKII.

Oh, yeah that's a hobbytown bag. That place has been around long before I was even in Kindergarden. It's changed ownership over there a hundred times, always someone knew when I came there until the last 2 years.

They use to sell a small selection of Macross and Gundam kits, even bought my first Macross kit from them, a 1/144 Miriya VF-1J.

Then the model kits became totally none existant, it was all Starwars, StarTrek and cars and tanks.

Then I'd say about 4 years ago they started getting a small variety and then when I started going in there every few weeks they carried more items cause I gave them product s/n's. That's how I got my OYW models.

because i think he wants to see pictures :p by the way could you post pics of your MK II?

thanks

chris

I finished the Gundam and the platform. I gotta paint the remaining normal suits and get them wired to the platform for Zero-G enviorment.

The MKII is packed full of great detail and posability. However I couldn't get it to properly stand on one foot like its been shown to do...so I had it leaning against the platform.

I also did what a few others have done with the OYW Gundam, I cut the fingers to be individually posable and it came out looking fantastic. I strongly recommend others in doing it for great acruacty.

Here are some of the photos I took after finishing the Gundam just moments ago.

post-600-1137914757_thumb.jpgpost-600-1137914980_thumb.jpgpost-600-1137914992_thumb.jpgpost-600-1137915004_thumb.jpg

I do have one. I've had one for the last 6 months why?

362779[/snapback]

yeah,, like what "zeo-mare' said,, Pics, pics pics.

also, sometimes your pics are pretty small so I kinda assume it was from a camera phone. my bad B))

Man, the MKII look so damd good.,,, :angry::angry: argh,,.. if only I could of gotten one from the BBTS sale. :angry:

Edited by F360°

It's a really good model, I really enjoyed putting it together.

The Skygrasper is pretty much complete....man I was up till close to 1 AM putting all the detail together once I finished building it. I also realized how much detail I had missed on the painting end...so I started painting in some vent covers and before I knew it, I had a big grey smudge on a big white panel :p I was like "OHZ NO!" Luckly a lil rubbin and a lil scratching with the finger nail got it right off.

Cockpit detail came out looking nice. I was really worried abou the canopy since there's no decal to give it the classic black outline for the frame. So I took a tooth pick and some black paint and colored it right up. Doesn't match the matte black I used on the nose, but it actually worked very well.

I'll get some pictures when I completely finish the kit.

From Guntoa :

This month's hobby mag news :

HGUC Methuss (March, 1,470 yen)

HG Murasame (mass-production type, March, 1,575 yen)

HCM-Pro Asshimar (Green Divers version)

Also revealed for the first time is that the Zeonography Z'Gok/Zogok can be converted into an Agg as well.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

From Guntoa :

This month's hobby mag news :

HGUC Methuss (March, 1,470 yen)

HG Murasame (mass-production type, March, 1,575 yen)[/b]

HCM-Pro Asshimar (Green Divers version)

363241[/snapback]

So the Methuss finally comes to model form. Lovely. Well, at least the cannon fodder Murasame is coming. Saves me from doing a repaint. :lol:

and of course the Palace Athene, this looks like a real good year for HGUC so far they are looking much better now with far better proportions and details then a few years ago.

palce.jpg

You know, I always saw the Methuss as like the early stages of a prototype transforming mobile suit....if you look a it its just like "skeleton" like. No real waist, I don't think it can turn or twist its upper body...and if I remember right it always took damage, it was just a horrible mobile suit sometimes.

I did take some pictures of the Strike.....it didn't turn out too bad...but these were all I could take at the time.

post-600-1138060122_thumb.jpg

post-600-1138060148_thumb.jpg

Sweet. I'm working on a Rick Dom right now and managed to dryfit the entire thing in one night because I was so excited. I think I'm gonna paint it with the purple replaced with a really greyish field green with some darker green trim and use a much paler red because I'm trying to go for a Spec Ops look, which I think a Dom would be awesome for.

EDIT: And I got two Zakus and a Gouf, and I've got an Acguy comming with a bunch of decals so I'm really excited.

And what's the Mathuss from? It's pretty ugly... :lol:

Edited by promethuem5

You know, I always saw the Methuss as like the early stages of a prototype transforming mobile suit....if you look a it its just like "skeleton" like.  No real waist, I don't think it can turn or twist its upper body...and if I remember right it always took damage, it was just a horrible mobile suit sometimes.

I did take some pictures of the Strike.....it didn't turn out too bad...but these were all I could take at the time.

363438[/snapback]

That's pretty much what the Methuss was. It was the AEUG's transformation testbed. Then they went on the the Zeta and such. The Hyaku Shiki was originally supposed to be a transforming MS too, but that plan was scrapped and it just became a high performance MS.

The Methuss was easy to fix and maintain, so they were always able to fix it quick. It took a lot of damage often.

Supposedly it wasn't even meant for combat originally, they seem to just kind of gave to the Argama to pad it's arsenal.

Ironically though Fa was the only Argama pilot to return in one piece, piloting the Methuss of all suits. She wasn't a great pilot, so the Methuss kind of suited her level appropriately.

I'm glad to see the Methuss. I need that and a Dijeh.

yea i saw this i was going to post pictures but i felt no one cared, i remember when the normal one came out it looked horrible, this is really no different though the color scheme is better, it still really needs work done to it to make it nice.

chris

That thing looks unproportionate to anime....i guess most transforming mecha are. The anime version looks so streamlined and slim this one just looks blocky. The shield looks huge even.

Bigbadtoystore has a lot of gunpla with 40% off.

Just a headsup..

360557[/snapback]

Thanks for letting us know, YCHANUS! I just bought me this MS-09R MG for a really good price. Thanks again :D !

post-1442-1142161704_thumb.jpg

Edited by connor99

has anyone built 1/100 scale flying armour resin kit w/ LED from HK seller?

I got hold of one recently and was quite impressive with the details - though won't have time to build it right away. sad.gif

In the mean time is there anything I should be aware of - any pitfall or tricky bits?

TIA

hi you must be talking about the one from AkoHobby, if so that is a nice kit, i heard it is a fairly easy buildup. would you be willing to post pictures of the kit? i am very intersted in seeing the parts, instructions and stuff :)

i could have swore there was a manual for it. let me check to see if i can hook you up with one.

chris

hi you must be talking about the one from AkoHobby, if so that is a nice kit, i heard it is a fairly easy buildup. would you be willing to post pictures of the kit? i am very intersted in seeing the parts, instructions and stuff :)

363873[/snapback]

here ya go!

p10508581jw.jpg

nice looks like a fairly simple build up and the parts look clean, not bad. do you have plans of a color scheme yet? the normal Aeug looks cool but i saw a completed MK II Titans version that was sweet as well.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

so he does fit, :o i have been wanting to get one but thought the HG freedom looked like crap. now i know i can pose it with a cosmic region.

awesome :)

chris