Progress Shots Mospeada Ride Armour

Sam

Howdy, welcome back to Sams little time of show and tell, where he will crap on regardless of if anyone is listening, on the off chance that some one is...

What we shall be presenting today is the 1/15 Ride Armour kit of Stik/Scott Bernard, a lovely little kit of nice proportions and reasonably easy construction.

This first shot will illustrate a few of the parts that have been sprayed in the base colour, as well as a quick 'panel lining' in a darker shade.. While it is tempting to handle the pieces shortly after spraying, the artist has withheld the urge until the paints are dry, occupying himself by swatting a damn pesty fly away that has been hounding him all night...

*swatt, swatt smash CRASHHHHHH.*

:D:D:D

post-26-1082468998_thumb.jpg

Next we have a close up of the leg armour, and its here you can see that the darker colour has been run around the outside edge of most of the panels, to try and give the illusion of depth.. the artist has obviosly been sniffing too much paint because being a model, it already has depth.. so its quite pointless really.. :huh:

post-26-1082469162_thumb.jpg

Next the artist wants to show the dry brushing he used on the wheels using, on the left, black base with titanium silver drybrush, and on the right, Gunmetal base with titanium silver drybrush.. Unsure of which he likes better, he will continue to go back and forth for probably another few weeks, like the usual jelly minded twit that he is, until he reaches a final decision...

Notice also the exhausts which have been done with the same technique, using black as base...

post-26-1082469463_thumb.jpg

Now for the last shot of the evening, he has become quite impatient and decided to loosely join the figure together, so as to show to the audience what the figure will look like assembled.

Please, do not do this yourself, this man is a practiced fool, and no one should assemble a model kit so soon after painting, for fear of irrepairable finger prints.. :o

post-26-1082469608_thumb.jpg

***ahem**

back to reality.. If you had a voice like david Attinborough? the wildlife presenter in your mind while reading it, thats pretty close to how I was thinking :lol:

These kits are great fun I think, I am looking forward to trying to get all of the kits in this size!

Thanks for looking, suggestions are appreciated, but often ignored... .... KIDDING

hehe, but seriously, im always eager for input that can make a kit better. Im picking up so much stuff from the others on this board in the modeling section its not funny, hence why I like showing my results, cuz its directly related to what im reading and seein here! Im actually trying to find some of those magnets I saw in williams thread cuz im trying to get a VF0 as well! Oh, so many kits, so little paint left.... heh

So thanks, and keep models a' rollin out folks! B))

Sam

post-26-1082469983_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, I love these kits as well. :)

Im working on trying to get the other two as well, but patience is something i need. I actually have the 1/12 kit of lancer already made, but its not as good a job as these, but still have two other kits in 1/12 of Mospeada, so Im hoping to use my latest skills on it B))

Im only using tamiya paints actually, standard Green and white, perfect for puke colour LOL. For the shading I used grey and green, and various dipping of black for desired effect ;)

As for bateau, thats actually a figure, not a kit, so i just put in on cuz he's cool :D

thanks again, I will be sure to put up more as I progress :)

Sam

Well, nothing few hours spent, from yesterday i did the black airbrush on, and a few other bits, and tonight i did the oil wash, and ended up smudging round the oils, almost painting it on to give it more depth.... i wasn't happy with the shading colour i had before,and the black oil is quite helpful.. ;)

Bit of tidying is still needed, but hey, i will leave that till tomorrow before work I reckon... :)

Oh, and a bit of good news on my part.. I gots me

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...MEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

So in a few weeks, I will be a happy camper!! B))

Nothing like making models to keep you awake when you should be asleep for work...hehe B))

Sam

post-26-1082646248_thumb.jpg

Side shot...

I think i might wanna make it look grittier... not sure yet... it will involve either a clever mix of paints, attacking with tamiya smoke, or hitting with oils..

I think i will sleep on it though.. its 12pm, so I guess I should htink of going to sleep now . :blink::blink::blink:

post-26-1082646459_thumb.jpg

I think i might wanna make it look grittier... not sure yet... it will involve either a clever mix of paints, attacking with tamiya smoke, or hitting with oils..

I wouldn't go too far. I think it looks pretty good the way it is. Maybe a couple of nicks and scratches in the paint with a dark steel color (silver would just disappear on the light green base color). Or perhaps a light dusting of...er, road dust on the "lower" surfaces.

Slightly off topic, but when does Yellow's Mospeada show up with the blades? I just rewatched it but haven't seen the blades. Weird......

They don't. Maybe Cyclone can give us a definitive answer, but I'm assuming it was an idea that was dropped.

Edited by bsu legato

Thee shalt bow down to thy wisdom of the assembled.. I wont dirty it up, after looking at the shots again, I think i agree... one can 'overdo' it...

I *am* however considering getting a second 'play around' kit to do some things I wanted to do... like for instance, doing things metallic that on a normal bike or weapon would be metal, and a proper colour scheme,*sorry baby puke green, ur just not military :p *

But thats just a thought... still got an SV 51 to build, so mustn't get to far ahead of myself ;) Still can't convince myself of the colour to use, but I do know one thing,... I WILL be useing those awesome metallic paints that William used on his metal and gunpod, DAMN I love those effects! :o:o

Bsu, Jung, I haven't tried doing those sort of effects yet, I usually like to test them out, woudln't wanna stuff it up... might have to make up a test subject first to get the technique down... u reckon maybe dry brush a couple of corners in silver/steel? for the worn look eh?

Wolfx, ur right, it never DID show up in the show, *as far as I can remember*, even in the original uncut version i think. It was more a planned idea of the offensive weapons Yellows type of Ride armour had, cuz missiles and blades, what a combo...would have been cool to watch them being used... Mospeada Wolverine ! :D:p

Thanks

Sam

Wolfx, ur right, it never DID show up in the show, *as far as I can remember*, even in the original uncut version i think. It was more a planned idea of the offensive weapons Yellows type of Ride armour had, cuz missiles and blades, what a combo...would have been cool to watch them being used... Mospeada Wolverine ! :D:p

Thanks

Sam

Its strange that I always thought I saw blades on them since Robotech when I was young. Must be from them RPG books. Thanks Sam for clarification. I was kinda perplexed that the blades never did show up on TV series.

No prob, glad to help wolfx B))

I have now done some more work on Mospeada, actually, ive done quite a lot :D Literally only have to clear coat some bits i just oil washed*tomorrow, its too wet now..* and decal it.

Face is now painted, but clear glossed the visor on the outside and it has left a stippled effect, looks pretty yuck, but dont know how to get rid of it without damage, and I dont have futures floor wax to dip into so i guess im kinda stuck.. :(

You might notice there are some more 'reflective' parts as well... I have been going to town on the 'silver with clear on top' effects, trying to fit it everywhere i can, its just so effective for lights and stuff.. Even did the pop up lcd on his targetting system! Cant quite get the camera to focus on it though...

Also need to get some decent bases, these timber offcuts aren't that great, might have to go to spotlight and get some o those round things.. would look better, and maybe put a logo or something on them representing each Mars or Jupiter base ...

Only one pic for now, want to show it off properly when i have it fully finished tomorrow, this is just the teaser,...

notice Im trying to put Australia on the world map ? :D:D:D

Thanks, feedback appreciated!

Sam

post-26-1082897693_thumb.jpg

This is somewhat off topic but why do people always refer to Houquet's name as Fuke? Yes, I know there is no way Japanese spelling of Houquet and the closes romanji characterizing is "Fuke". However, why do we, who actually speak English and can WRITE French words with our very own alphabet fail to say and type "Houquet"?!?! Japanese to Engrish to French is one thing but there isn't any excuse when one doens't even need to know how to speak French!

I'm sorry but I had to get that off my chest as it has bothered me for years and this thread was the straw that broke the camel's back. Also the mere fact French is my native language may play a role in this I realize.

Oh, yeah, nice work on the armour, Sam.

Edited by Jemstone

Didn't "Fuke" show up on some of the Gakken and/or Imai merchandise? I know it's not a recent innovation, since I remember seeing her name translated like that as far back as the mid 80's.

Yes, it did. That's a bit understandable becauses that's as close to a translation her name is when you romanize it from the Japanese characters but still they should ahve typed her name out correctly on the box if they were going to use western alphabet.

Edited by Jemstone

This is somewhat off topic but why do people always refer to Houquet's name as Fuke? Yes, I know there is no way Japanese spelling of Houquet and the closes romanji characterizing is "Fuke". However, why do we, who actually speak English and can WRITE French words with our very own alphabet fail to say and type "Houquet"?!?! Japanese to Engrish to French is one thing but there isn't any excuse when one doens't even need to know how to speak French!

I'm sorry but I had to get that off my chest as it has bothered me for years and this thread was the straw that broke the camel's back. Also the mere fact French is my native language may play a role in this I realize.

Oh, yeah, nice work on the armour, Sam.

Um, dunno, thought it was right?

Personally I had always thought it was Rook but when I saw it on my Model box as FUKE TYPE, thats what I thought it was. :huh:

That and the fact I cant spell 'Houquet' without reading it from your post :D:D:D

I will remember that from now on. i have nothing against French words :)

Sam B))

post-26-1082943598.jpg

Well the decals have gone on without too much fuss and bother, im still tryign to get away without using decal setters but might need to next time.. :)

Apart from needing a good base to mount them on, Mospeada is finished! See how u like the final product.

Thanks

Sam

post-26-1082952247_thumb.jpg

This shot shows off the my uncontrollable urge to use the transparents, notice the back of the missile housing, thought I would dress it up a bit, and the blue isn't too out of place on the whole. Also used transparent on silver for the shoulder pad headlights, which is more effective than straight yellow :)

Also can u seethe lcd for the scope? Im gonna try and put a little red 'targeting circle' on the screen.. will need steady hand though LOL :D

post-26-1082952646_thumb.jpg

And final one is just showing off the profile and how the steel hub and tyres shows up, and the reflective 'headlights' on the shoulders.. Also just a good view of the oil lining.. pity bout the flash glare, sorry bout that.. :(

otherwise, thats another kit done!

Thanks B))

Sam

post-26-1082952818_thumb.jpg

Laziness.

Same deal with trying to get people to say Legioss instead of Alpha Fighter, "that's too much effort, what's the point, I don't care enough"...

Yet if I say Veritech instead of Valk...and boy would I get reamed...

Cyc

Yes, it did. That's a bit understandable becauses that's as close to a translation her name is when you romanize it from the Japanese characters

I imagine that we're supposed to pronounce it "Foo-keh" as opposed to "Fyook" then? That's the only way I can think of that's close to "Houquet."

but still they should ahve typed her name out correctly on the box if they were going to use western alphabet.

That's a battle that's being fought to this very day, my friend. Maybe someday they'll get it right.

Yes, it did. That's a bit understandable becauses that's as close to a translation her name is when you romanize it from the Japanese characters

I imagine that we're supposed to pronounce it "Foo-keh" as opposed to "Fyook" then? That's the only way I can think of that's close to "Houquet."

Ahhh... so you guys were saying it like Fook. Like the twins in Austin Powers. Because to me Fuke and Houqet were similar enough to confuse in Engrish terms.