Initial D: Fourth Stage

I just downloaded episode 1 of Initial D: Fourth Stage, and I must warn you about the fansub by "fob2k4". If you thought the "29 Groups" fansub of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon was bad, this fansub will leave a bad taste to your mouth.

Here are some excerpts:

Girl: "WTF is Project D?"

Guy: "I heard it's that fewl Takahashi 'Roger' Ryousuke!"

Girl: "You mean that super hottie ricer guy?"

Guy: "It's his special team to develop tite new ricing skillz!"

Guy: "I heard they're using irc and bittorent to send out challenges to other ricers! I heard they've got more responses than d/ls of nar00to episode!"

Nao: "Alright I get it. Since you're so determined I will spot your sorry ass.

Guy: "Really!!! You saved my ass."

Nao: "But."

Guy: "Huh?"

Nao: "Under one condition. If you lose in the next battle, you have to stop being a streetricer. No NFSU either."

Guy: "WTF?"

(Caption: Isn't it JUST like a ho to start crying? Shiet...)

Nao: "I'm serious this time...If you don't keep this promise, hit the road, I'm gonna find me a real man...

Guy: "Our team has riced it up for 2 years...We've riced this road more times than narutards ask for a nar00to ep that hasn't aired."

Ryousuke: "Let FuJiWaRa get a feel for the added 10 horsepower that sticker gave."

Guy: "Gotcha R-Dawg."

Reads no worse than the TokyoPop subbing.

Umm last time i checked, there was nothing wrong with the subbing on Initial D from TokyoPop, the dubbing yes there is sometihng wrong with it, but the subs came through very intact.

get a grip. it is a parody sub.

Sure, if you not only like parodies, also understand the source of the parody and don't give a damn about actually following the correct dialogue and story of the anime you're watching.

get a grip. it is a parody sub.

Sure, if you not only like parodies, also understand the source of the parody and don't give a damn about actually following the correct dialogue and story of the anime you're watching.

then just wait fora real sub. I rmemebr the dragon ball susb where they litterely translated all the names. carrot , vegetable, fried rice rofl

But aside from the fansub it doesn't look as good as stage 2, extra stage or third stage. The speed in the racing part is not there,, feels kinda slow. and the angle shot are not place well,, the new 3d cell shading( 2d) is nice but no go cause the lighting for them is not right. They were way too bright all over. I mean where does all those light coming from. They should of just stick with the 2nd stage models.

Episodes 1 & 2 are now available online and properly fansubbed by Live-eviL & Ideology. There's just one question I have to ask, though...

In episode 2, Takumi managed to use the deep gutters to his advantage by doing a three-wheel drift. How do you shift the weight to the outer rear tire to do this trick?

• 4 weeks later...
areaseven Posted on Apr 26 2004, 03:29 AM

Episodes 1 & 2 are now available online and properly fansubbed by Live-eviL & Ideology. There's just one question I have to ask, though...

In episode 2, Takumi managed to use the deep gutters to his advantage by doing a three-wheel drift. How do you shift the weight to the outer rear tire to do this trick? 

Well from what I can gather, you need a semi leveled field...the road way also needs to be narrowed to pull off this "3 wheeled" drift. Because the gutters deep, using the "Gutter attack" would just rip your chasis to pieces and that is VERY VERY VERY expensive to fix up...not replace....FIX.

Next, it requires speed, like a drift you need a good amount of speed to pull off a drift, because basically your using enersha (spelt it wrong I know I did) to shift some of your weight from your back side to more sideways....dad tried to pull it off lastnight in our 02 Altima, but he was just not dropping the gears and he shoulda atleast used the ebrake a bit...ANYWAYS!!!!

This drift requires alot of speed and your shifting your weight. Best option, when your applying the drift technique and your outside tire is coming over the gutter, drop gears it'll shift the weight considerably, I'd say, if your at 4th gear and making your attack, drop to 2. Give it a bit extra gas and you may be able to pull it off.

I think personally, it'd be more easy to pull off with that Midship style, with the engine in the rear and not the front, cause all your weight is being shoved from behind....so it would be a bit believable. It's not forget that engine Takumi has in his Corolla is not stock, it's probably a bit heavier...

Not in any of his races but one, that was the first time he came in contact with the FD RX-7 Mazda that one of the brothers owned.......can't remembe rhis name...but the only reason he had tofu in his car was to make the delivery and it was almost dawn when that happened. Every other time was just a flat out race in the middle of the night.

Takumi's engine is actually lighter than stock, because it's a racing-built engine, and therefore uses more aluminum components than a standard 4AG.

An MR wouldn't have been as good for the trick, due to the difficulty of controlling one precisely in a drift.

Speed isn't that necessary in a drift. However, rear wheel drive is, hence why the Altima failed the drift attempt.

I already knew an Altima just wasn't right for such a move, :p dad was a lil tipsy and actually takes dares more often when I shout out a move.

Strangly enough, I managed to pull one off a few weeks ago in my Sentra...it is possible, but MORE difficult with an AT. I ruined a tire doing it though....ran over a nail or something and it got lodged in there so when I went to get service at work they had to put a plug in the wheel. I say I got about another 2 months before I gotta get a new set.

But I was thinking, that since that engine has more power to it, it'd be heavier, just makes a lil more sense, but I didn't think of the Aluminum casting...that'll really lighten up...but speed plays a lil bit in to doing a drift, you gotta have enough motion in order to make it, you just can't be going 40 and hope to god it'll work, you just don't have enough force to put into it.

You could ask our old member VF1X about all this drift stuff (who hasn't been seen in these parts for ages), after all, he owns the Pacific Rim S14 that's being run in the D1 championships...

he does? whoa! haha i remember when he had that auto s13 back in the day and he sold it but he owns the pacific rim car? hmmm interesting

Not in any of his races but one, that was the first time he came in contact with the FD RX-7 Mazda that one of the brothers owned.......can't remembe rhis name...but the only reason he had tofu in his car was to make the delivery and it was almost dawn when that happened. Every other time was just a flat out race in the middle of the night.

nope, he did not have tofu in any of his races. Because he only carry tofu up hill to where ever he was suppose to deliever them. When he drive back home it's all downhill. Takumi was alway sleepy so on the way back, he just happen to bump into some Redsun racers. As the time he just want to go home faster and sleep alittle bit more before school like always. So no tofu in races.

You could ask our old member VF1X about all this drift stuff (who hasn't been seen in these parts for ages), after all, he owns the Pacific Rim S14 that's being run in the D1 championships...

he does? whoa! haha i remember when he had that auto s13 back in the day and he sold it but he owns the pacific rim car? hmmm interesting

Yep... Jerry Tsai. He used to be a regular here a while back. He pretty much owns Pacific Rim and he hosted the MacrossWorld conventions at his place back a couple of years. Oh and I actually meant S13, since it is the same car that he ran at D1 which got totalled recently. I wonder if he still had a MacrossWorld sticker on the window, since it was there when his car was featured in Super Street...

• 2 years later...