Valkyrie Cut Away from Movie Artbook

Impreszive

I haven't seen any of these books going over $200 lately. If you can find a contact from Yahoo lapan you can even find the Gold book in under $150. Barely ever I see them with the poster by itself, but then again you have to lurk the auctions constantly...

Shouldn't be too hard to find in Japan, and I believe the average price is around Y8,000 for a second-hand, good quality one. Incidentally, that's also the original retail price. You'll have to fork out to get it shipped to you in the "United State of California" (is EVERYONE here from LA??), though, as it's a really heavy book.

Last I checked, there was an image of the poster at one of the imacross servers (imacross4?). Resolution is 2814x1892. Some visible alignment problems since it wasn't scanned in one pass, but overall it's good enough to see all the details.

Note: the imacross servers can be slow. Patience.

Last I checked, there was an image of the poster at one of the imacross servers (imacross4?). Resolution is 2814x1892. Some visible alignment problems since it wasn't scanned in one pass, but overall it's good enough to see all the details.

Sorry about that. :unsure: What can ya do?

Sorry about that. :unsure: What can ya do?

Nothing. I think it's a valuable resource! I just meant that anyone who uses an imacross server needs to be aware of the limitations and not (for example) give up on a transfer just because it's going slowly.

Sorry.  I meant the quality of the scan and stitching.

Can I get a high rez version of that awesome, modified poster?

Here you go cobywan...

I colored it so it would make a good BG.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1080862886.jpg

My goodness... more than half the labels on there are incorrect.

Sorry.  I meant the quality of the scan and stitching.

Can I get a high rez version of that awesome, modified poster?

Here you go cobywan...

I colored it so it would make a good BG.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1080862886.jpg

My goodness... more than half the labels on there are incorrect.

I noticed that too. Starting with the "vernier thrusters". :lol: Great image though.

skull one... got PM?

I noticed that too. Starting with the "vernier thrusters". :lol: Great image though.

Those black circles with the line running through (the only thing I could find labeled "vernier thruster")? I thought it's been said that those are thrusters. What are you saying they are?

I noticed that too.  Starting with the "vernier thrusters".  :lol:  Great image though.

Those black circles with the line running through (the only thing I could find labeled "vernier thruster")? I thought it's been said that those are thrusters. What are you saying they are?

The vernier thrusters located rearward on the dorsal surface in front of the main engine nozzles are mislabeled as being lights. In Kiyomi Tanaka (Studio Nue)'s VF-1S Battroid cutaway schematic they are labeled as vernier thrusters. These do not have the hook-handle bar feature.

::downloads pic:: ::looks at labels:: EEEEEEEEK! ::head explodes::

I think randomly applying labels from a glossary of aircraft parts would be only slightly less accurate. Why is the wing pivot inside the wing itself, near the outer tip? I don't recall the tips swinging independently of the main wings... (it's really the outboard hardpoint)

I noticed that too.  Starting with the "vernier thrusters".  :lol:   Great image though.

The vernier thrusters located rearward on the dorsal surface in front of the main engine nozzles are mislabeled as being lights. In Kiyomi Tanaka (Studio Nue)'s VF-1S Battroid cutaway schematic they are labeled as vernier thrusters. These do not have the hook-handle bar feature.

Interesting the Hasegawa Battroid model has them as lights not verniers (I think having verniers there is a good idea!!)

I noticed that too.  Starting with the "vernier thrusters".  :lol:   Great image though.

Interesting the Hasegawa Battroid model has them as lights not verniers (I think having verniers there is a good idea!!)

Studio Nue member Kiyomi Tanaka might have been mistaken when he drew them as vernier thrusters. In the VF-X-1 prototype there were the same type of verniers, but on the opposite surface (front / bottom) of the leg/engines pods as drawn by Shoji Kawamori. These maybe composite optical sensor units (red in color, but sometimes depicted as being yellow) like the ones on the arms units (wrists). However, I would go with concept that they are vernier thrusters based on what is available.

Studio Nue member Kiyomi Tanaka might have been mistaken when he drew them as vernier thrusters. In the VF-X-1 prototype there were the same type of verniers, but on the opposite surface (front / bottom) of the leg/engines pods as drawn by Shoji Kawamori. These maybe composite optical sensor units (red in color, but sometimes depicted as being yellow) like the ones on the arms units (wrists). However, I would go with concept that they are vernier thrusters based on what is available.

Yes, we must follow the official info available... but: In the Hase battroid the single units in the arms are protected by a transparent flat window. In early colored drawings they (the arm units) appeared clearly as lights or red lenses. The leg units a re very similar to the arms ones and one could think they have the same function.

I placed DYRLposter.pdf on the imacross 4 server.

Here is a 640 pixel wide sample.

It is completely cleaned up!

EDIT: sorry- noticed that I had accidentally moved the vectors, causing a misalignment.

here it is, at 2300 pixels.

I can FTP it to anyone, maybe even zip and e-mail, but I do not have a website to post it on....

The full size image is 2.51 Mb, even with it being Grayscale....

SO I can't post it here. And I can't get it on to Imacross 4 anymore... :-((

post-2-1081815172_thumb.jpg

Edited by daeudi

FYI

it is 2.51 MB, 3950 pixels wide, 2523 pixels high

at 144 DPI

That is 27.43"x17.5"

I plan on blueprinting this!!!

Nevermind all that! at 2300x1469 it is close enough!

My apologies to the mods for going so close to maximum post size!

Edited by daeudi

After a year of searching and a few auctions, I finally managed to acquire an original copy of this AWESOME poster last summer. Since I am not at home right now, I cannot measure it, but it is smaller than the standard poster size of 24x36. It is printed on a satin black in 2 tones of silver. The lighter silver was used for the basic plane, and the darker tone was used for all the add-on strike parts and weapons. Due to the type of paper, it picks up fingerprints VERY easily, so I had mine laminated. The creases are nearly gone. :D Getting an original version of this poster was like hunting for the Grail.

Okay, two things. First, the original poster size: 28.5"x20.5". Next, here is a photo of the original poster. I believe this file actually came from another MWer when I was first researching this poster myself a year ago.

post-2-1081918581_thumb.jpg

There is another AWESOME cutaway of just the VF-1, which seems to rarely ever be mentioned. It is from the Macross Plus TIA book, the one with the "Variable Fighter's Aeroreport". (I HIGHLY recommend this incredible book!!)

In it's original printed form, one full page is the cutaway with only the circeled numbered points. On the facing page, were full descriptions, in Japanese. I do think that most of these translations are correct. Some are missing, but I have recently had them translated, but not added.

NOTE: This file is NOT my own creation, and is 96dpi, 1090x750 at 792kb.

post-2-1081919183_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jedi Knight

I placed DYRLposter.pdf on the imacross 4 server.

Here is a 640 pixel wide sample.

It is completely cleaned up!

EDIT: sorry- noticed that I had accidentally moved the vectors, causing a misalignment.

here it is, at 2300 pixels.

I can FTP it to anyone, maybe even zip and e-mail, but I do not have a website to post it on....

The full size image is 2.51 Mb, even with it being Grayscale....

SO I can't post it here. And I can't get it on to Imacross 4 anymore... :-((

t shirt!!! T shirt!!!!! recast...... recast.....ah , uhmm ... <_<

Back tatto!!! Back tatto!!!! :lol:

(a while back I started work on a VF-1 manual)

Whoa.....looking at those schematics (with all the numbered parts) reminds me of a quiz I took in Anatomy class. Although, I think I could have a lot more fun with this kind of exam. :lol:

Nice pics guys. Very informative. B))

i have a quick question, is there two types of engine on the plane on the schematic? and another question i have is, why are they referring to number 22 and 50 as turbine blades? as far as i know turbine blades are always located at the rear end of the engine.