Neo Gaiking

Shin Getter Robo was made by Ken Ishikawa 15 years ago. Mazinkaiser was based on a one shot deal written by Go. Neo Gaiking is based on nothing. I smell another God Mazinger...

Raideen did get a remake i think. Or at least another show called Raideen came out with giant robots that turned into birds.

As for Gaiking, not one of my faves either. For me not growing up with these and it being difficult to see the series these days im left with Super Robot Wars to educate me about the shows. As a result I lean towards Mazinger Z and Getter Robo more than any other. Though i do think Combattler V is a kick ass machine.

:blink: Now this is pretty cool.... Gaiking has always been a pretty cool super robot...but I think this would make for a better show:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/mecha/keida/kanzen-...yoryumecha.html  :D

Now if they just redo Daimos and Raideen :p

Now that's an interesting take on Gaikings design. Too bad those three ships/animals are usually just comic relief. :lol:

Gaiking may be ugly but you can't beat having a dragon head for a chest nor his ugly powerfulness when he "masks open"! B))

No news about a new Grendizer show yet. :ph34r:

Yeah Raideen did get a newer show around 96 but it was messed. Pretty boys...

But yeah I too never really liked Giaking I mean he doesn't look cool. Maybe this new Gaiking thing will be better though.

But I too would love a remake of Daimos sure he had one creepy ass pilot suit but man that show was friggin awesome. Daimos is one kick ass robot.

Actually, I'm a fan of Gaiking, too. ^_^ He was always one of my faves as a kid. I mean, he bites other robots with a giant skull on his chest. How is that not frakking cool?! And he's voiced by the same guy as Ryoma (who wasn't back then :p?) so even more bonus points. Though I've only seen the show in Italian, I'm sure Akira did great as him ^_^. Gaiking is one of my current top murderers in Alpha 2.

Yeah, Grendizer ( Goldorak as we call him in France ) is the best :D I'm proud to be the owner of the awesome toy by Bandaï the GX-04S :p

Voltes V is the hero of the Philippines!

AND a BIGASS sword for a kick ass robot!!! A bigass sword is a MUST for giant robots, Great Mazinger, Dancougar and many other kick ass robots have this quality. And if the robot has no big ass sword it must have some sort of equally cool sharp pointy thing like Combattler's TWIN LANCER!! Etc.

• 1 year later...