VFEX has new kicks

Funny how people with fixed up cars rev up when their next to me. I mean come on, my car ain't fixed up. It's all stock. I guess it's the SI engine they want to go up against.  :p  :D  :lol:

YEah but my experience is that the motor aint all that if the driver sucks....

if that aint the truth..

i raced a guy, me in my chevelle and him in his BMW m5 or something. he missed two shifts. knuckle head.

60k+ bmw beat by 6k 30 year old small block... priceless

this...

vs This

and trust me, he was trying, i should have lost, i'm not saying my 350 is faster, i'm saying that guy didn't know how to drive.

Edited by KingNor

cool! i didnt know the milkman drives a suby!...LOL sorry ive been MIA from this board a long time! vetran since 2000! anyhow you guys have nice rides, commander i like your s14, and hey what a surprise its vostok! heh...

check mine out (iw sa actually chekcing to see if my uploads worked, and then i found this thread...)...

more... http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=7551&st=0&

When did you get the '04 man! I knew you were over on NASIOC but I didn't know you had a REX!

Vostok 7

:lol: yes, had one since 2002, well i had a MY03, then kissed a mtn :( im a suby guy fo life! haha yea my old school s\n was something along the lines of "SDF-h36hyp3r21" ive had the my04 since sept, i had a lot of parts from the other one left over which made the transition very smooth :p

i wanna see milkmans ride, oohhh gc8... errr 6 if its usdm... ;) man im done with my car for now, i need to catch up with the macross world! i remember back in the day one of the drool-a-meter cars was vf-x's s13 replica! haha last i heard it was sold no? now all you guys have nice cars... ahhh the beauty of growing up and getting a job :p heh..

I have only lost 2 races, one with a 360 Ferrari (and it was close), and one with a 911 turbo.  Everything else I took appart.

:huh: what do you drive?

99 M3.

3rd post in 10 min (heres to reading before posting)

guys, just to be sure everyone is on the same page.

a SLEEPER is a car that is very very fast, yet on the outside, looks stock or in some other way slow.

the idea is that the thing is fast but wont attract attention, OR in the case of bad "racing" movies, its so they can go to the "underground" raceing circut and make lots of money.

i'm pretty sure solscud is jokeing, with the stickers/rims/lowering and tiny motor, his car is kinda the opposite of a sleeper. (no offence just tellin it like it is) luckly he knows how to shift, wich can win many races dispite low horse power.

bsu legato: THANKS!! the greatest part about having a car like my chevelle is that it makes people happy when it goes by, that never gets old.

Agent 0ne: have you done anything to your m3? i dont' think a m3 like that is supposed to compete with ferarris and 911's. or were you giving another example of driver over hardware?

if you've built it, do tell.

I took a BMW 3 something coupe in my nearly stock WRX. They're not that great...

An M3 would be something different though... but I'm sure with a couple more suspension mods I could take one on the twisties.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I took a BMW 3 something coupe in my nearly stock WRX. They're not that great...

An M3 would be something different though... but I'm sure with a couple more suspension mods I could take one on the twisties.

Vostok 7

yes if its an e36 m3 we can take care of them no problem :p the e46 m3 is another story.... :unsure: yet both very very nice cars! m3-m5 are sweet bejesus beautiful cars!

as for the sleeper comment, yes, i agree with kingnor! sleepr is a car that cant be percieved as looking like its fast, possibly beater like, or with components from a base shell (IE 94 honda civic with steelies yet grip-approved tires <_< , and the k20 engine form the new integra integra *excuse me* rsx i mean :p )

sleeper cars are very cool just for the fact they can slaughter you w\o looking fast :D

Yeah I was joking. I will try to get it as close to stock lookign as possible. Liek remove those damn decals (except for the macross) gotta rock the macross decals.

Vostok. M3's arent all that. I beat a IS300 in twisties when my car was boen stock. And this was not just one turn but many turns. any way teh way my car is set up and the highly likely chance that the driver of a M3 would be hesitant to drive so fast in corners I could beat one. (ive beaten a Suzuki GSXR 750 in the same twisties) he kept looking at my car as I drove past him hehe. You could here him down shift but I think it is a mental limit of the driver and not the bike.

Agent 0ne: have you done anything to your m3? i dont' think a m3 like that is supposed to compete with ferarris and 911's. or were you giving another example of driver over hardware?

I have done nothing to the M3... I really don't know how I beat every and all 911s, as well as vettes, and all other cars that I would think would be faster.

What really makes the difference is cornering... I can take a corner at 90 where it would send a vette flipping over.

Then again I would like to think I am just a great driver and that is what makes the differenct, but who knows. Maybe the guys I raced were all retards. The guy in the 360 Ferrari stopped at the toll booth that we were racing to at the Golden Gate Bridge, he rolled his window down and asked me if I had some crazy engine inthere os something... I told him it was stock. The guy didn't believe me.

Of course I know what a sleeper is, I was just asking what put the VFEX in that category.

If we are telling stories...well I don't think I ever lost to anyone that would race me except a motorcycle. I had a (very suprising) close call with a VERY worked up S13. He didn't have the off-the-line punch, but after we hit around 50 it was like we were glued together. If I hadn't had my low end advantage it could have been embarassing.

This is when I was driving my '70 SS454, which hardly anyone messed with anyway so I didn't get in too many races (occasional M3, Supra, 300GT were willing to get burned). And all straightaways for me. I wasn't about to take that bad boy onto the twisties.

post-26-1083011523_thumb.jpg

Agent 0ne:  have you done anything to your m3?  i dont' think a m3 like that is supposed to compete with ferarris and 911's.  or were you giving another example of driver over hardware?

I have done nothing to the M3... I really don't know how I beat every and all 911s, as well as vettes, and all other cars that I would think would be faster.

What really makes the difference is cornering... I can take a corner at 90 where it would send a vette flipping over.

Then again I would like to think I am just a great driver and that is what makes the differenct, but who knows. Maybe the guys I raced were all retards. The guy in the 360 Ferrari stopped at the toll booth that we were racing to at the Golden Gate Bridge, he rolled his window down and asked me if I had some crazy engine inthere os something... I told him it was stock. The guy didn't believe me.

i find it hard to believe a m3 beat those ferarris and 911's even in handleing. i'm thinking you just out drove them.

they are probably rich guys with fancy cars that they never push and the g-forces freaked them out so they backed off.

i think its pretty clear a ferarri (anytype) and the porshe 911 are superior cars to a stock m3.

still cool though, great underdog storys, beating a guy in a superior car is actually more impressive. :D i like to gobble up those little boxters myself, those are so slow off the line. they'd kill me in curves though.

phyrox: nice 70, do you not have it anymore? in any case, you should check out www.chevelles.com , they have an awesome forum

Edited by KingNor

Agent 0ne:  have you done anything to your m3?  i dont' think a m3 like that is supposed to compete with ferarris and 911's.  or were you giving another example of driver over hardware?

i find it hard to believe a m3 beat those ferarris and 911's even in handleing. i'm thinking you just out drove them.

they are probably rich guys with fancy cars that they never push and the g-forces freaked them out so they backed off.

i think its pretty clear a ferarri (anytype) and the porshe 911 are superior cars to a stock m3.

still cool though, great underdog storys, beating a guy in a superior car is actually more impressive. :D i like to gobble up those little boxters myself, those are so slow off the line. they'd kill me in curves though.

phyrox: nice 70, do you not have it anymore? in any case, you should check out www.chevelles.com , they have an awesome forum

The only ferraris I have beaten are 308s, and a Testarosa, the 360 beat me but it was close... Boxsters are like lawn mowers, and I have never come accross a 911 that didn't just suck in comparison... I know on paper they are to par with the M3 but I have never had one come even close. I leave them wondering "where did that guy go?" I don't get it, maybe the M3 just has some kind of balance that the porsche doesn't. Keep in mind Car and Driver did say that the M3 was the best handling car ever made. But then again I've dusted 911s in the straight also.

The only ass kicking I ever got was from a guy who was mouthing off to me at an intersection... Sayin' I was a wannabe him, I responded by looking at the chick next to him in the passenger seat and said "only dickless guys drive porsches, how would you like to enjoy a real man?"

The guy was PISSED.. (he was like 45) so he floored it when the light changed but I was on him for about 200 feet, then the turbo kicked in and he was gone.

KingNor:

I really, really wish I still had that Chevelle...but it was totalled a while ago.

Some idiot made an illegal U-turn on a highway right in front of me, and that was the end of that.

I took the insurance money and bought my second dream car, which you see in my avatar.

I love the '70 T/A, but I still pine for my SS

The common misconception of the Corvette.

The current Z06 will outperform an e46 M3 in any measure of performance. It's not your typical American muscle car in that it only goes fast in a straight line, it's an awesome car that gets dissed because of the bad reputation of American cars. I'm not saying the M3 is a bad car, it's an awsome car... but don't under estimate the current Corvette because it doesn't have the snobby branding of a European sports car manufacturer.

The common misconception of the Corvette.

The current Z06 will outperform an e46 M3 in any measure of performance. It's not your typical American muscle car in that it only goes fast in a straight line, it's an awesome car that gets dissed because of the bad reputation of American cars. I'm not saying the M3 is a bad car, it's an awsome car... but don't under estimate the current Corvette because it doesn't have the snobby branding of a European sports car manufacturer.

Don't know about the Z06, but my Dad has a regular 2000 C6 Vette, he and I have raced, on the straight, and in curves we have switched cars also so we could get a feel for the other... He spend many years working for GM Defense labs, TRW, and Jet Propulsion Labs (JPL), so he was and is extreemly partial to American engineering.

After getting his vette, his only comment was that the M3 is superior in EVERY way, he was really dissapointed.

On the day were were racing each other and we switched cars, I couldn't believe how much of a crap box the vette was... The thing cornered like a school bus.

Yeah stock suspension wil do that to cars. My Civic has the poorman's racing suspension Kyb AGX and Skunk2 Coilovers. But it can out corner a motorcycle, 350Z, tuned miatas etc.

The Corvette, when tuned right is an amazing car. Check out the American Lemans Series. The Corvette gives racing modena ferraris and the Audi R8s a run for their money in terms of power (obviously cause it is american) but also cornering.

my tiburon has pretty nice suspension acctually, i wonder how it stacks up against the rest.

(i know its a honda, but the suspension feels really tight, i love takeing corners in it.)

my tiburon has pretty nice suspension acctually, i wonder how it stacks up against the rest.

(i know its a honda, but the suspension feels really tight, i love takeing corners in it.)

Since when is a Tiburon a honda? :blink:

Vostok 7

Now THAT is a sleeper.

but, since when have engines been called "pudding?" I must be getting old.

Plus, I thought KingNor drove a Chevelle, not the ultra-rare Honda edition Tiberon...I guess I guy can have two cars, but THOSE two cars?

Edited by Phyrox

Now THAT is a sleeper.

but, since when have engines been called "pudding?"  I must be getting old.

ya know, proofs in the pudding,,, yeah mostly heard from grandma's

moneyshot works better :lol:

Vostok 7

:lol:

the expression is:

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting

It is often mis-stated, but there it is. Plus, "the proof is in the pudding" doesn't make any sense

:lol: ah, no wonder i never understood where it came from, yeah, i dont make sence most of the time :rolleyes: