Yamato display stand?

leo

Yep, it will hold the 1/48 :D and all other Mac toys by Yamato. Some fellow MWers suggested that it will even hold the 1/55s.

The pain about it is it weighs like a ton, so shipping will be a lot for all you guys living accross the pacific. :(

The release date is May which really means June. The MSRP is 3,900 yen.

I think in US Dollars, it is about $40. Anybody knows it can hold 1/48? The info was not available on a lot of sites who were preordering it.

Officially, it can hold 1/60 & 1/48 yammies.

Here's the image G-man posted on the magazine scans.

pic

Isn't it also supposed to come with several different mounting clamps? That way it'd be able to support the various mecha, and I also think it can support the latest Quadelunn Rau. B))

Isn't it also supposed to come with several different mounting clamps? That way it'd be able to support the various mecha, and I also think it can support the latest Quadelunn Rau. B))

Earlier versions of the stand, with different clamps, were shown supporting Yammie 1/72s, so it may be possible to use it for darn near anything, within reason that is :p .

well let me get the bitchin started here and say,

i think this is the one yamato product we should all boycott.

THERES NO WAY IN HELL I OR ANYONE ELSE, SHOULD PAY $40 FOR A DISPLAY STAND THAT YOU HAVE TO BUILD YOURSELF NO LESS(according to HLJ). :lol:

i've seen the pics and i'm sure its super fresh but $40 of super fresh? i think not, thats almost, if not more, than the 1/60 GBP armor and it definitely costs more than a bandai valk. :blink: and IMHO, thats just OUT OF HAND! on top of that, you and i both KNOW its going to come packaged in some GIANT ass box so they can rape us on the shipping. :rolleyes:

and so no one goes off on me,

to those who think its worth it, more power to you, get as many as you like. i'm sure its gonna be an awesome display stand, but me, i'll stick with the $20 tripod stands and won't post regarding the price or this product again. ;) hehehe

Edited by haterist

and so no one goes off on me,

Somehow, I don't think you'll get off so easily. :)

what esle is new? LOL

i already have a feeling that a certain member here is going to fan the flames real soon. ;) lets see if he can control himself or if he goes into flamer mode. :p

anyhoo, i tried my best to not to come across angry...well other than the ALL CAPS. :D

I've still never seen any pictures of it hold a 1/48 in fighter mode w/ the gunpod. Maybe I'll get one if I find it cheap, but that's 3 or 4 tripod stands for that price. (assuming that $40US is relatively accurate)

I like the tripod stands a lot more anyways. They make my fighters look like they're flying and give you the versitility of display in all three modes. These look like they're sitting in the launch arms the wrong way (aren't they suppose to grab the fastpacks?) and only in fighter mode or gerwalk (it looks ridiculous in gerwalk on a "launcharm" BTW :p ).

With all the stuff Yamato's releasing this year, this one won't be too high on my priority list, despite the fact that they do look nice.

The Yamato email news letter I got the other day said May.

先週カスタマーサービスにお問い合わせいただいた中から、特にお問い合わせ

の多かったものをご紹介いたします。

Q:マクロス用スタンドはいつ発売ですか?

A:5月発売予定。

※諸般の事情により発売時期が前後する場合がございます。あらかじめご了

承ください。

Babelfished

Last week to inquire to customer service, while receiving from, we introduce many ones where especially it is the inquiry. Q: Is the stand for マクロス when sale? A: May sale schedule. * There are times when sale time inverts with various circumstance. Beforehand Ryo acceptance.

I'll wait for a clearance price on the stand before I even consider buying it. The tripod stands are cooler and cheaper.

I'll be sticking with my acrylic tripod stands. All five of them. Eventually two more for the Max and Millia 1/60's I have put away.

Hopefully these will hit the clearance rack pretty fast. I'd get one for 20 bucks but no more.

Are the acrylic tripods still available? If so, where?

i see them hitting clearance in less than a month after its release. :lol:

the mistake is they're trying to put a "collectors price tag" on this but its nothing more than an unneeded accessory.

tripods stands,

s i t h l o r d still sells them i think?

also twinmoons and VE and just about every other macross retailer(in the US) that gets mentioned here. :)