Licensing debate thread?

Will this thread be revived in a controlled format as before? I'm just curious because if it isn't posted and pinned by someone in authority, threads regarding this subject will start to populate the boards as before. It might be a good idea to nip any possibility in the bud and start a new thread now, even though there is no late-breaking news as of yet, in order to curtail any rampant posting if and when something new does come up.

Just an idea.

What if we just closed our eyes and pretended the old thread never existed? Ever since the troll twins got banned there wasn't any real discussion in that thread anyway, not that they contributed anything to the debate in the first place. There's a simple formula for this:

No trolls + no news = no thread

I'd have to disagree BSU. The thread was already pretty quiet even before the troll twins were banned.

Whether you liked or disliked that thread, you'll have to admit that it was a good containment unit and did it's job admirably of keeping the ownership and licensing debates out of everywhere else. By keeping it in one place, those who didn't want to bother with the issue simply didn't have to go there.

But I can guarantee you that if a new licensing thread isn't put in place, "when and if" anything new happens, threads will start popping up all over the place. Cluttering the boards and making more work for the Mods.

p.s.- But I am also with Abombz on this one: The Longest Thread should be brought back. Although there were several people who misused that thread, overall it was a lot of fun and gave MWers a place to just talk about goofy crap.

By that token....how do we know you're really Abombz (as if there wasn't enough confusion before)? For all we know...you're just a sock for Wrylac or BoK! :blink:

She can't be BoK because.....I'M NAPOLEON!!! :p:D:p:D:p:D

Seriously, I vote for the licensing thread to be brought back too, mostly in agreement with all the other arguments by WDC. We may have been tilting at windmills there, but at least it became a useful dumping ground for both reasoned and focused arguments and trollfire...

By that token....how do we know you're really Abombz (as if there wasn't enough confusion before)? For all we know...you're just a sock for Wrylac or BoK!  :blink:

That would be the ultimate dishonor... Wrylac or BOK usurping Abombz moniker! :o

Now that you guys mention it.... I can think of a a certain "vacant" username the trolls could use to start trouble... and I bet so can most of you. <_<

I for one would want and do all that I can to bring it back (once I get some powers returned).

Yeah there was some nasty fights but remember the reason for it in the first place. To keep all the debates about the subject in one place. The next time some screwy with BW & HG happens do we want 20 new threads about it or a newbie posting, " What this deal with the Yamato and HG?"

Yeah there was some nasty fights but remember the reason for it in the first place. To keep all the debates about the subject in one place. The next time some screwy with BW & HG happens do we want 20 new threads about it or a newbie posting, " What this deal with the Yamato and HG?"

Could we just make new threads for all our pinned topics and then link to the archived posts in the first post?

Debate threads are a lot of work for the mods. As long as they understand that and are willing to really moderate the debate then I'm all for it. If they think it takes up too much of their time and cap arguements and members because of it, it's really not a debate and not really worth it.

Edited by wrylac

By that token....how do we know you're really Abombz (as if there wasn't enough confusion before)? For all we know...you're just a sock for Wrylac or BoK!  :blink:

That would be the ultimate dishonor... Wrylac or BOK usurping Abombz moniker! :o

Now that you guys mention it.... I can think of a a certain "vacant" username the trolls could use to start trouble... and I bet so can most of you. <_<

Now that you said that... I did see a "skullone" in the "who the hell are you" thread typed exactly as "skullone".

Now that you said that... I did see a "skullone" in the "who the hell are you" thread typed exactly as "skullone".

That's someone in New Jersey....