1/48 Fast pack pics and mini review

twinmoons

Quick question,

Can you mount the micro missle pods on the inner hardpoints along the two RMS-1 missles without them "bumping" into each other?

i.e. can you make it look like the payload the valks were carrying at the beginning of DYRL?

Thanks for any info.

How securely does the entire set of armour attach, when you mount the 1/60 armour it usually makes things a bit more floppy. I would love someone to describe the mounts for the armour. Will

The 1/48 armor is pretty dang SOLID!! I don't know how else to describe it, but everything snaps into place. There are pegs for most of the parts and they firmly attach to the valk.

I need my packs. Where are my packs? I'll have to order a second set for Roy now when they come back in stock. Hikaru's waiting for his, which shipped today.

Quick question,

Can you mount the micro missle pods on the inner hardpoints along the two RMS-1 missles without them "bumping" into each other?

i.e. can you make it look like the payload the valks were carrying at the beginning of DYRL?

Thanks for any info.

Yes you can make the payload from the begining of DYRL. Here's a couple of pics I previously posted in one of the other 1/48 FP threads.

Graham

fp-3.jpg

fp-2.jpg

How securely does the entire set of armour attach, when you mount the 1/60 armour it usually makes things a bit more floppy. I would love someone to describe the mounts for the armour. Will

The armor attaches very firmly and will not fall off. In fighter mode, the Valk locks together very solidly, except perhaps for the arms, which could do with a better method of locking together, but this applies to the naked VF-1 as well IMO, not just with the FPs attached.

In fighter mode you do have to exercise a little bit of care when you pick up the toy with the FPs attached as it is extremely heavy. If you were to pick it up just by one leg or by the backpack and it slipped and fell, you might risk damage to the Valk, as the weight of the FPs is extreme.

When I pick it up in fighter mode, I usually hold it so that my palm is under the Valk and my thumb and fingers are gently applying sideways pressure to the leg FPs. This keeps the arms from unlocking and dropping and means the Valk is safe from being accidently dropped.

Graham

The only diecast content on the FPs is the twin pegs that plug into the holes on the side of the VF-1's backpack.

However the FPs are made from a very solid and weighty plastic. IIRC, the Valk with FPs attached is close to double the weight of a naked Valk.

I don't recall the exact weight, but I'll weigh them tonight when I get home, unless someone else does it first.

Graham

hmm.... :)

that means the weight of a 1/48+FP is equilibrium to a 1/55+FP or 1/60+FP?

guess i can feel some substance in my hands when i get my FP :rolleyes:

Oh yes, you will definitely feel some substance. I recomend you start working out with some weights at the gym in preparation :lol:

For those of you who were dissapointed by the light weight of the 1/48 VF-1, you will be pleasantly surprised by just how heavy the Valk becomes with FPs attached.

Graham

When I first got the 1/48 I was amazed at the weight of the valk, size vs. light weight, but then I realized the benefits of the a light valk. Being able to play with it like doing crazy flying manuveurs. I guess if its really that much more weight I guess I'll just set them up in dioramas.

hmm.... :)

that means the weight of a 1/48+FP is equilibrium to a 1/55+FP or 1/60+FP?

guess i can feel some substance in my hands when i get my FP :rolleyes:

Oh yes, you will definitely feel some substance. I recomend you start working out with some weights at the gym in preparation :lol:

For those of you who were dissapointed by the light weight of the 1/48 VF-1, you will be pleasantly surprised by just how heavy the Valk becomes with FPs attached.

Graham

*lifting 100KG now.....*

*EEERRRRR.....*

:ph34r:

Damn you Graham for posting that pic of the valk with fastpacks on one of sithlord's stands!!

It was the final push I needed to crack and order some.. if he's got any left! :unsure:

When I first got the 1/48 I was amazed at the weight of the valk, size vs. light weight, but then I realized the benefits of the a light valk. Being able to play with it like doing crazy flying manuveurs. I guess if its really that much more weight I guess I'll just set them up in dioramas.

Actually, I also like the light weight of the naked 1/48, it does make it more playable IMO.

If anything, I think the toy becomes too heavy with the FPs attached. While the FPs are lovely. The most accurate and detailed rendition to date, they do turn the toy into more of a display peice beacuse of the weight.

Still I'm really happy with them and can't stop staring at my FP equipped Valks.

Graham

Damn you Graham for posting that pic of the valk with fastpacks on one of sithlord's stands!!

It was the final push I needed to crack and order some.. if he's got any left!  :unsure:

Go for it, you won't regret it. The FPs are a first class product.

I always thought the 1/48 VF-1 by itself is beautiful. Also, the FPs by themselves are beautiful. But when you combine the two together, you end up with something where the whole is oh, so much greater than the sum of the parts. A FAST Pack equipped 1/48 Valk is stunning, really a work of art and all the photos to date just don't do it justice.

Graham

It was the final push I needed to crack and order some.. if he's got any left!  :unsure:

Go for it, you won't regret it. The FPs are a first class product.

I always thought the 1/48 VF-1 by itself is beautiful. Also, the FPs by themselves are beautiful. But when you combine the two together, you end up with something where the whole is oh, so much greater than the sum of the parts. A FAST Pack equipped 1/48 Valk is stunning, really a work of art and all the photos to date just don't do it justice.

Graham

I just ordered a set at hlj along with the SOC eva 02 and the Assault Shroud SEED KIT! MWA HAHAHA! hehe, you will hate me now.

In your opinion, would any fastpack sets be around in hong kong when we're planning that HK shopathon in january? Or should I buy extra sets now?

Does the incresed weight cause any balance issues?

The 1/48's ankle, knee and hip joints are strong enough to support the weight of the FPs. However, in Battroid mode it is very back-heavy, so a bit of care and common sense needs to be taken when posing the toy.

Graham

In your opinion, would any fastpack sets be around in hong kong when we're planning that HK shopathon in january? Or should I buy extra sets now?

That's really difficult for me to predict as I don't know the size of the production run or whether Yamato will do another production run.

However, as it's only early September now and January is still a long way away, if I had to give my best guess, I'd tend towards a worst-case scenario and say by the time of the Shopathon they might be very difficult to find.

Hope I'm wrong, but just to be safe I'd get a few extra sets now if I were you.

Graham

Yeah, I thought so too. Saving a few bucks on shipping costs is not worth the gamble if I miss out.

I know! I'll go and cancel that SEED kit and get a second fastpack set instead! :D

Edited by Guppy

That's really difficult for me to predict as I don't know the size of the production run or whether Yamato will do another production run.

However, as it's only early September now and January is still a long way away, if I had to give my buess guess, I'd tend towards a worst-case scenario and say by the time of the Shopathon they might be very difficult to find.

Hope I'm wrong, but just to be safe I'd get a few extra sets now if I were you.

Graham

:D

Kinda makes me worried....

Maybe the only thing we will be doing at shopathon is drinking beer, pub hoping, eating as there's nothing much in regard to Macross to buy in January?

Or maybe January is the best month to buy stuff because people got their year end bonuses??!!! :p

Like Graham said, better be safe than sorry, so buy it now before you regret it!

But still, I am looking to have fun at the shopathon!

Paulo

And just what's wrong with sitting around eating and drinking beer?

I think in January, you should still be able to find the VF-1S Hikaru, VF-1J Hikaru and perhaps the Q-rau and Escaflowne toy as well. Also, I'm sure there will be lots of older stuff.

Graham

And just what's wrong with sitting around eating and drinking beer?

I think in January, you should still be able to find the VF-1S Hikaru, VF-1J Hikaru and perhaps the Q-rau and Escaflowne toy as well. Also, I'm sure there will be lots of older stuff.

Graham

Nothing wrong with drinking beer, eating, chatting!!! I love that too! Just don't get us to eat those exotic "game" cuisine....(rats, snake, monkey brains) :blink:

WOW, looking forward to spend money still on Macross/Yamato stuff! Q-rau!!! Awesome!

Hey, maybe we should mention that weather in January is alot cooler and humid too?

Paulo

Nothing wrong with drinking beer, eating, chatting!!!  I love that too! Just don't get us to eat those exotic "game" cuisine....(rats, snake, monkey brains) :blink:

WOW, looking forward to spend money still on Macross/Yamato stuff! Q-rau!!! Awesome!

Hey, maybe we should mention that weather in January is alot cooler and humid too?

Paulo

Don't worry, I'm a burger, steak and pizza kinda guy. I'm not into exotic food at all.

In fact despite living in HK, I don't really like Chinese food much and the only time I eat it is when I have to visit my wife's parents.

And the weather in January should be around 12 to 20 degrees Celsius (That's 53.6 to 68 Fahrenheit for you Yanks). Humidity should be low in January as well.

Graham

[

Don't worry, I'm a burger, steak and pizza kinda guy. I'm not into exotic food at all.

In fact despite living in HK, I don't really like Chinese food much and the only time I eat it is when I have to visit my wife's parents.

And the weather in January should be around 12 to 20 degrees Celsius (That's 53.6 to 68 Fahrenheit for you Yanks). Humidity should be low in January as well.

Graham

Well, great!!! Western food! I for one would love to hit some western food restaurants! So no more Dim Sum guys! No more chow-mein! I can have plenty of Asian food anytime I want while I am here in Asia.

Now back to the topic, let's hope we can still get some "Cheap" fast packs while we are there...I will be getting some more reissues of the 1/48....need to learn from Graham....I will have a VF-1S Hikaru in 3 modes with Strike packs!!!

Paulo

Hi graham,

Would it possible to give us a rough approximation of the total height of the 1/48 in battroid with Fps on. I just starting to worry if they would fit in present display cabinet as it seems quite tall. Well if they cant, then it would be mint in box till next year i have my own flat with built in glass cabinets to house my ever growing collection of toys especially Macross.

Where are my 1/48 Fps, damn wish i was in Hong Kong now.

Cheers

Hiya Graham,

Thanks for the fast response. Shucks My display cabinet goes up to 25cm, guess i wouldnt be still be able to display them in battroid mode, with the Super Fps as well as with the Strike Fps.

Well at least i have the minimum measurements required when i renovate my flat and install a glass/chrome display cabinet with white flood lights above. Sorry but i demand the best when it comes to my toys. :lol::p

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

;)

I just got my FPs in today. I ordered them from HLJ and when I got the shipping notice Tuesday evening I figured that I would see them in a week or two. Much to my surprise they arrived in Florida in less than 48 hours!! :blink: That's scary if you have ever ordered something from HLJ!

I just got my FPs in today. I ordered them from HLJ and when I got the shipping notice Tuesday evening I figured that I would see them in a week or two. Much to my surprise they arrived in Florida in less than 48 hours!! :blink: That's scary if you have ever ordered something from HLJ!

48 hours!! Did they open up a shop in Florida? ;)

Maybe they've fixed their shipping problems finally. So I won't have to wait 25 days to get my stuff.

I just got my FPs in today. I ordered them from HLJ and when I got the shipping notice Tuesday evening I figured that I would see them in a week or two. Much to my surprise they arrived in Florida in less than 48 hours!! :blink:

How many FPs did you buy? Did they ship by EMS?

Edited by wasabi-elephant

How many FPs did you buy? Did they ship by EMS?

I ordered 4 packs one for each of my 1/48s. The shipment was sent by EMS.

On the FP subject, Man they are nice. I doled up Roy and Hikaru and man oh man do they look good. Yamato has hit a homerun with these. The only problem I have is that the single micro-missles will not stay in their holders on the boosters, so that rulues out leaving the covers off if I want them to stay in.

I ordered 4 packs one for each of my 1/48s. The shipment was sent by EMS.

On the FP subject, Man they are nice. I doled up Roy and Hikaru and man oh man do they look good. Yamato has hit a homerun with these. The only problem I have is that the single micro-missles will not stay in their holders on the boosters, so that rulues out leaving the covers off if I want them to stay in.

That's the typical delivery time to N.America if shipped by EMS....

I ordered 2 packs from them, for my MAX & Roy. Should get those by next week. Can't wait to put those babies on my valks :rolleyes: .....

I guess those loosen single micro-missiles shouldn't be too hard to fix...

Edited by wasabi-elephant