VB-6 Koenig Monster Box Art Contest

trueblueeyes

Oh yeah... page 6 is thick with some insane scans I made for the benefit of the people doing mockups. You think we can move them to somewhere on the main MW artwork site so they can be accessible more people, and not clog the bandwidth of this thread?

You'll have to ask one of the admins to do that. I just work here. :lol:

Maxpower i think yours is absolutley awesome, I really like that design. *hopes yamato likes and copies it for theirs, lol*

I agree that it is a very nice design!(so many great designs in this thread...I feel sorry for poor Ken having to judge ;) )

But I am wondering why is says "VR-6" instead of "VB-6"? :unsure: Did I miss something?.....

Thanks,

Melissa

Hey glad you all like them!

...about the misspelling - I had lunch with one of the doctors and he mentioned VR goggles he had used as a rehabilitational therapy treatment. Being a geek, I promptly began to grill him to death about all the details. I most likely still had VR HMDs on the brain when I put the text on the boxes. :)

Some of these box covers could be expanded and turned into some pretty decent wall paper... Anyone up for it?

I'd be happy to convert mine. Do we want to start a new wallpaper thread? Or is there an existing wallpaper thread we can add to?

Some of these box covers could be expanded and turned into some pretty decent wall paper... Anyone up for it?

I'd be happy to convert mine. Do we want to start a new wallpaper thread? Or is there an existing wallpaper thread we can add to?

OH YES!!! PLEASE!!! :D:D:D

I'ld be willing to make some wallpapers of my box designs.

FlyingPika, that is really cool looking!

/downloads to wallpaper folder

If you take requests, I'd love to have one with the clouds and the Koenigs au naturale and just the macross logo.

Here are thumbnails of 3 wallpapers I made. Zip archive to follow...

post-5-1083912982_thumb.jpg

Edited by MaxPower

• 2 months later...

Nice work akt_m.

the constest didnt finished yet, did it?

because it would be bad to know that i worked for "nothing"

Not until we hear from Ken that he has picked a winner. :)

You guys realize that every box design here are a lot better than the one that came with the original?

Very true Exo! Thanks to everyone for the work that went into these designs. Good luck to everyone. I'm glad I am not the one who will have to pick a winner...lots of great designs. :)

• 5 weeks later...

akt_m,

Great job!

It's no big deal, but proper grammar is important:

"Modeling Skills Helpful If Under (10) Years of Age"

So, just change the current "O" to an "I".

In addition, I sucked in art class, so by no means do I claim to be an expert, but I do believe your shadowing perspective is off. I'm refering to the shadow under the VB-6.

I tried visualizing the light source in a perspective that could create that particular shadow, and was not able to due to discrepancies. For example, the arm shadow shows up on one side but not the other, and one foot has a shadow going to one side and back, while the large cannon have a shadow directly below, but the other arm has nothing below it. ;)

I hope that makes sense without me being too in-depth, and please remember it's just meant to be constructive criticism.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

thx for the compliments.

i already knew it was wrong (error due to keyboard malfunction, and i took it from a tamiya box) i didnt chage it because the file is very big and my duron 1.3 was having problems to process everything. (now i have a duron 1.8, is a little faster)

you are right the lights are completely wrong, but when i drew it i didnt think about doing correctly the light sources because i was too lazy to do everything well (i also forgot to paint some parts :rolleyes: ).

Edited by akt_m

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the Monster project is winding down, and I'm hoping to have it finished in about a month. So it's about time I picked a winner so i can get going on the packaging end of the project :lol:

So, without further ado, the winner is... VF-22Red!

I've decided to go with this design of his:

Original Design

And here's VF-22's revised version, with the layout changed a bit to match my box size. It won't be the final version though, as I'll probably be asking for some minor changes to be made.

I wanted to host the images on my own webspace to spare Shawn's bandwidth, but I had some problems with the revised version, which was sent to me in PDF format. It seems Comcast won't accept PDF uploads, so I had to compress it and upload it as a ZIP file <_<

But here it is:

Revised Design (Zipped PDF)

Congrats to VF-22Red, and thanks to everyone who entered!

I want to thank you guys for having this contest. It has been one of my lifes dreams to work on a Macross project!

I want to thank you guys for having this contest. It has been one of my lifes dreams to work on a Macross project!

Congratulations! And thanks to everyone who participated in this contest.

VF22Red: When you get a chance, please PM me with your mailing address so I can get your prize in the mail. :)

Thanks,

Melissa