Hikaru in a VF-1J

According to the Macross Compendium, Hikaru's first rank was Staff Seargent. I compared it to Kakizaki and Max and they were both introduced as Seargents. So maybe Staff Seargents get to fly the 1J. Who knows?!

Because the Hoary Froating Head had designed the -1J variant, and he had to give it to somebody...

Hikaru is shown in a 1A while he is training in SDF Macross. Plus Roy is His sempai, He got the hookup.

Hikaru never once in the tv series flew a VF-1A. According to flight tests, simulations etc, the more skilled the pilot is, the more "privlages" one shall have. Since Hikaru has won many flight competitions not to mention maybe just MAYBE Roy putting in a good word for him got him to be a top knotch pilot.

There is a scene where he has an unpainted VF-1J during his training shooting at stuff, never do you see him piloting a VF-1A unless it's animation error when an episode's animation turned, "Crappy" cause if so, than you can say even Roy piloted a VF-1A in the series...

The J variant was also discussed as being a Jr Officers fighter, those with high skills and great potential. Now before you say, "But what about max?" I believe max even states he was very inexperinced and later when he got use to the flow of battle he became some what of a genius. You never hear how he actually did during all those tests he took, nor if he had any prior experince before signing up with the UN Spacy forces...unlike Hikaru.

Actually.... I like to think it follows the Super Robot formula.

You have the VF1A... the lame and ugly fighter, for crappy pilots who die every episode for out entertainment. Then you have the VF1J.... the super robot of the show. Reserved for the main character only, how did he get it? Not important. Its superior to the 1a, and you will see it alot. Then you have the super super robot, aka the VF1S, the one piloted by someone related to the main character. He is cool, and he has the skills. But unfortunately, because of bastard story writers, they axe the cool pilot just so the lame main character can have the super super robot.

Then you also have the talented cannon fodder, who later ends up getting a mass produced version of the super robot, to fight the greater evil, along side the lame main character and the super super robot.

the end

PS yes... this was the result of alot of booze. :p

Hikaru is shown in a 1A while he is training in SDF Macross. Plus Roy is His sempai, He got the hookup.

Hikaru never once in the tv series flew a VF-1A. According to flight tests, simulations etc, the more skilled the pilot is, the more "privlages" one shall have. Since Hikaru has won many flight competitions not to mention maybe just MAYBE Roy putting in a good word for him got him to be a top knotch pilot.

There is a scene where he has an unpainted VF-1J during his training shooting at stuff, never do you see him piloting a VF-1A unless it's animation error when an episode's animation turned, "Crappy" cause if so, than you can say even Roy piloted a VF-1A in the series...

The J variant was also discussed as being a Jr Officers fighter, those with high skills and great potential. Now before you say, "But what about max?" I believe max even states he was very inexperinced and later when he got use to the flow of battle he became some what of a genius. You never hear how he actually did during all those tests he took, nor if he had any prior experince before signing up with the UN Spacy forces...unlike Hikaru.

I suggest you go whatch episode 6 Daedulus Attack again. There's no animation mistake there. Hikaru is clearly shown piloting a CF-1A landing on the Promethueus. This is right before the animation of Hikaru landing from gerwalk changing into battroid while piloting a CF-1J.

Maybe those scenes signifies that Hikaru was progressing in his training so he was promoted to fly the 1J.

IMO.. I'm surprised for the number of times Hikaru damaged or destroyed a Valk that they didn't replace the damaged J parts with the A's just for spite of having to fix it every time he returned from a mission. :lol::lol:

Yeah they probably should of put a red stripe on every CF out there to increase Hikaru's odds.

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

nah... they would still nail his ass from the far side of a planetoid...

on another thought, the whole "magic bicycle" idea comes to mind :lol:

Actually.... I like to think it follows the Super Robot formula.

You have the VF1A... the lame and ugly fighter, for crappy pilots who die every episode for out entertainment. Then you have the VF1J.... the super robot of the show. Reserved for the main character only, how did he get it? Not important. Its superior to the 1a, and you will see it alot. Then you have the super super robot, aka the VF1S, the one piloted by someone related to the main character. He is cool, and he has the skills. But unfortunately, because of bastard story writers, they axe the cool pilot just so the lame main character can have the super super robot.

Actually, where did this happen before Macross? IIRC, the lame pilot always pilots the best robot right from the start. He is the last line of defense, so he must not be topped by someone else.

FV

CF-1A... CF-1J.

CF-1A and CF-1J? What does the C stand for? Or is that a typo? :huh:

It means cannon fodder. It's a generic term applied to all the brown valks seen in Macross. So when I say CF-1A, It actually is a VF-1A the has the Cannon Fodder color scheme. Same can be said for a 1S and 1J.

Well, Hikaru was a talented and experienced air show pilot, so why risk having a good pilot lost in an inferior plane? Plus, Roy probably didn't want to risk losing such a close friend, so he have Hikaru every chance at survival he could get.

it has a diffrent head... is it really INFERIOR?

"if only i'd had TWO head lazers witch no one seems to use very often anyway!!! when will they learn!?"

i'm going with the "hes a main character" answer.