Q-Rau Review Now Up

Graham

Can someone post pictures of this posed? I see a lot of comments about it being poseable, but all the pictures are it just standing there. I would guess that you can do some neat things using the clear three legged stands. I'd like to see a neat battle scene with Max & Milia each on a stand.

I don't have the stands but what other poses did you want? I'll try to find some time and post some "action shots".

Someone had mentioned the missile barrage pose. I don't really remember what it looks like, but I remember liking it everytime I watch DYRL?

Really, BMWs are hardly flawless, they have many QC problems and are known for their electrical problems... owner reviews on even high end BMWs are mixed.

And regardless of how you feel about BMW my analogy was that toys, in this case the Yamato Queadluun-Rau, are luxury items, and that manufacturers are entitled to charge whatever the market will bear... just like car companies, like BMW.

If you are saying that given the design and quality issues of the average BMW is considered to be "flawless" than I would say that a Yamato 1/60 with it's know issues are equally flawless. Both have minor issues but in neither case do these issues become an issue that Merriam Webster would define as "detracts from the whole or hinders effectiveness."

If you wish to define flawless as being without any defect, then nothing is flawless and your point is equally mote.

with all due respect, of course.

Dude, you SO need to join me in my Logic-debate class...... :D

I wonder how many people here would drop $500 on this thing. I don't think anyone is 'stupid' for spending any amount of money on anything. Hell, go buy a $1000 turd for all I care, it's not my money (and it better not be my turd :o ). I just think it's unfortunate when a company alienates a rather large group of people when they really wouldn't have to. But then again if Yamato can completely sell out of these I guess it wouldn't make any difference to them.

I'd like to think that the Millia figure, when it is eventually re-cast by the repro gurus, will be offered in three different versions:

-Classic Flat

-Rounded Rump

-Super Ghetto Booty (with extra junk in the trunk!)

traitor sebastian!! now you're actually going to get it if you have money...shat, basically that means you'll get it since you're never w/o money. :p *sigh* all that whiskey talk was all for not...no more whiskey talks with you! lol yah rite!

Well D... you know very well I am a toy whore. Sorry.

And basically all the problems about the Q Rau is the price tag and the porr Millia figure sculpt *no butt millia*.

Since I have the money, I dont ming paying the price for something I want.

About Millia... WTF, she is included with the Rau.

I see chicken little has been here, again! :blink:

Shakespear: "To buy or not to buy" that is the question only you can/should answer QUIETLY TO YOURSELVES!! :angry: 8 1/2 pages of crap!

Good review Graham as always, Thanks for all your trouble.

So many points of view. Here's mine. ;)

Yes, it is expensive, especially for people who have to import the toy.

Don't like the toy for whatever reason? - Don't buy it.

Think it's not worth the money? - Don't buy it.

Just don't imply that people who like the toy or who feel it is worth the money are being stupid or making a BIG mistake.

This reminds me of jealous people pissing on people who drive luxury cars or live in monster homes. Yes, some people can afford things that to most people seem totally not worth it. No one NEEDS a BMW, Merc, Porsche, etc, etc. All you need is a Chevy Cavalier to go from point A to B. Are those people who purchase expensive things being stupid or making a BIG mistake if they have the money to spare? I don't think so.

Face it, the world ain't fair. Yamato has a monopoly on the Macross enemy mecha toy market. From their point of view, they can afford to mark up the price a bit. If the response from the market is lukewarm, they will suffer the consequences. On the other hand, if it sells really well, they will have done the right thing for the financial health of the company.

there's the argument of don't like don't buy it again...yah...I'm not buying, so I can't state WHY I'm nto buyin it?? and why I don't think people should fork out that kind of cash for a plastic figure?? I dont' think I called anybody "stupid" if they want to pay for this thing...but like somebody posted earlier...if they charge this much for a toy that barely does anything...what are they going to charge for future releases? they know people out there are crazy about macross and will buy just about every little thing there is and that's the only reason I can see for yamato to charge that ridiculous amount. hey, I've been to China...I've seen how much things cost to get made there...I KNOW one unit of these Qraus costs less than $20. so lets say they make 5000 of these...times $90(after taxes blah blah)...holy crap that's a lot of your dough. and ain't no way in hell there was only 5000 of these made. more like 10000 or 12000, probably more.

and again with the "you whiners can't afford it"...I may be a frugal buyer...but I buy what I think is worth the money. case in point, dancougar...did I hesitate on that for $225? no! why, cuz it's freakin baddass, it's freakin heavy as hell, it transforms and combines, and it's freakin huge! so if you don't like my smart shopping or call it waht you will, just don't say we can't afford to buy that and we're jealous of the people who can afford it...that's great if you got money to burn but guess I'm not making $8000 a month like some people....yet.

and when you buy a luxury car...there are reasons for that. like features you don't find on civics or focus. as redundant as some of those feature may be...it comes with a price tag. the Qrau...hasn't got those features that lives up to the price. would you buy a civic for $30k...i hope not...

And to that person who gave us a list of things we should have done: "Go to college so you can get a better job".... etc...Dude, you're totally naive. That's just like saying: "That kid killed someone. Must be that music he listens to"... 

so i guess your gonna be that guy making $5 an hour, pumping gas into my flawless, 500k, gold plated, diamond gauged, gas powered skateboard that transforms into a robot with an AK-47 pointed at you, and keeps insisting you give all your money to yamato???? :o

i'd say your as dumb as you look, but i think you accomplished that all on your own with the ridiculous analogy.....you know, because going to school is a lot like killing somone... :rolleyes:

oh! and i almost forgot to mention, that skateboard was made in cooperation with BMW, Mercedes and The Ford motor companies. but theres this small company called yamato that makes them so it flys. :lol:

The majority of people on this board seem to be knowledgable, helpful and cool-as-ice. But once in a while there's people in here you'd just like to say "Phuck You" to.

and whats with the ass kissing when all you're trying to do is say "phuck you" to me? you could of just said phuck you?....kind of like i'm doing now,

frakk You! :lol:

and since you seemed to have missed it and/or you didn't learn how to read, i wrote:

"i'm not trying to flame anyone in particular, so if you're taking my opinion personally, then there must be a kernal of truth to what i've said."

TOUCHE!

*cues sound fx guy*

"sss-sss-sss"

H

:ph34r: