Victory Gundam

Sebastian

Did they ever explain how the Federation went from the entity ruling the Earth Sphere and making Gundams to the crumbling entity in V Gundam? Did it just end up like Rome?

Basically.... the Federation decided it was a better idea to just give up on MS development... thats why they are still using over sized MSs in V instead of smaller more stream lined ones.

Just about every conflict since CCA, had the Federation being whooped by some enemy.

Side note: This is one question that bugs me: Titans. I've read it is supposed to be pronounced Ti-TANS. Why? Was it an Engrish error that became cannon, or was there a purpose behind not using Tit-ans

If might have been pronounciation, or they simply didn't want to have it called TItans, which is pretty lame.

Personally... I like tiTANs better then TItans.

I don;t know, to me, tiTANS just doesn't sound right. I'll get used to it when I get to see the whole show though I guess.

Well the Federation has kinda sucked since Z gundam. I mean they gave most of their power to the titans which got the beat down then the AEUG took over against neo Zion and did mass amounts of stupid things (I.E. Colony drop ALLOWED to happen because pop is to high etc.) then you advance 30 years and they can't even handle the dudes from F-91 its no surprise how much they suck by the time V roles around. I mean the are using the battleships from CCA!!!

Really I mean I distinctly remember the Ra Killiam design's I mean doesn't the league use it for the forst 30 eps until they steal the ship from the Zanscare? I duno maybe I have to go back and watch it again.. :huh:

The Joanna D'ark ship was a La Cailum class ship.

Edited by Abombz!!

Thanks Abombz!! for the advice... you are VERY A NICE PERSON. <_<

Actually my mommy is a psicoanalist... I guess after what you told me I will have to grab my PG GP 01FB and run crying looking for her medical assistance. Anyways, maybe she will prescribe me a nice session of electroshacks after I tell her about my collection.

Hummmm I better stay at home after all.

Anyways THANKS AGAIN!

The Victory Gundam MS were designed to be smaller than the usual 20m heights, so in 1/100 scale, they'd look pretty small next to the other MGs. F-91 also has a similar 'problem'. And while the 1/144 MS in Pocket toys aren't very poseable by today's standards, they are made of tougher plastics than today's PVC based MSiAs, and even feature some diecast (usually in the hips and legs). As collectors' pieces, the variety is excellent and the prices still very affordable even on eBay. Their weakest area is in the plastics used for the translucent beam shields and sabers... those can fade and turn brittle if overexposed to sunlight, as I've learned to great cost. The white plastics used for the Gundams are also susceptible to yellowing, so keep them away from the UV!

Yikes, little late for this party, but I thought I saw someone looking for V gundam toys. I have a bunch of MS in Pockets that drifand describes above that I plan on parting with if interested. PM me.

You can see a few below in front of some my HCMs....

BTW, note that all suits below are 1/144.

You can see how the earlier suits are 'the cars of the 70s' while the V suits are 'the slimmer cars of the 80s'.

HCM-pics.jpg

Do you ever think that V Gundam or Gundam-X (my best AU of all time) will ever release international ?

Ok, just finished X last night, and while cool...WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH DOME! I realize the episode count was dropped by at least 10, but that whole nonsensicle babble about Newtypes being illusions....! That alone dropped X a few points.

By the way, Yesterday I started the HG 1/100 V2 Assault Gundam...

This this is smaller than the normal 1/100 Gundams... yep, the real thing is suposed to be 15.5 mts tall, so no surprise here.

The model itself is pretty... crappy. LOTS of inaccuracies and plane BAD design in this kit. Floppy parts and bad proportions are the main problems, as well the fitting is plane terrible. Sanding paper and putty is a must.

I found I will have to make some serious modifications in this thing to make it look decent.

While the kit is snap assembly , better glue EVERYTHING or be ready to get the pieces falling arround all the time. Damn thing fells like assembling a F(&% Lego!

In fact it is suposed to be a transformable model... no way, it is a swapable model, and it still looks totally out of proportion. Ho boy... those LEGS!!! Makes me want to cry... poor V2.

Anyone ever had or still have the 1/60 V2 gundam?

Is it any better than the 1/100?

Maybe the question should be... Can it be possibly worst than the 1/100? :blink:

Edited by Sebastian

Thanks Abombz!! for the advice... you are VERY A NICE PERSON. <_<

Actually my mommy is a psicoanalist... I guess after what you told me I will have to grab my PG GP 01FB and run crying looking for her medical assistance. Anyways, maybe she will prescribe me a nice session of electroshacks after I tell her about my collection.

Hummmm I better stay at home after all.

Anyways THANKS AGAIN!

A nice lobotomi should solve your problem. :):p

"Kill 'em all" Tomino at work. He has a way with his characters doesn't he?

You guys have me wanting to give V a try.

I believe there are new bittorrents up somewhere.

"Kill 'em all" Tomino at work. He has a way with his characters doesn't he?

Right.... but this time was different. Not only did he manage to kill a good chunk of characters, he also made us care about most of them. And he didn't kill them just for the sake of killing, theirs deaths were rather elaborate.

"Kill 'em all" Tomino at work.  He has a way with his characters doesn't he?

Right.... but this time was different. Not only did he manage to kill a good chunk of characters, he also made us care about most of them. And he didn't kill them just for the sake of killing, theirs deaths were rather elaborate.

That's exactly what I mean. I agree with you completely.

"Kill 'em all" Tomino at work.  He has a way with his characters doesn't he?

That's exactly what I mean. I agree with you completely.

Right.... but the V Gundam deaths were pretty different from Z Gundam deaths. IN Z Gundam just about every character that dies, you could really give a rats ass. The only deaths that had any impact were Emas and the bearder guy.... everyone else just felt completly unimportant.

And I have to tell you.... Jerid is quite possibly the worst "main character rival" to date. <_<

Right.... but the V Gundam deaths were pretty different from Z Gundam deaths. IN Z Gundam just about every character that dies, you could really give a rats ass. The only deaths that had any impact were Emas and the bearder guy.... everyone else just felt completly unimportant.

And I have to tell you.... Jerid is quite possibly the worst "main character rival" to date. <_<

Actually, Z Gundam had some great rivals other than Jerid, whose role was more of a high school jock prick kind of character. I mean, geez, you have Scirroco, Haman Khan, Jamitov Hyman, and Bask Om. How can you ignore them? They all had substantial effect on how things unfolded for the whole 0087 conflict. Hell, Jamitov and Bask even started their crap as far back as 0083 in Stardust Memories. Scirroco, while being the typical smooth suave anime villian character, was probably one of the more powerful Newtypes in the UC universe to date, with Haman Khan right up there. I'd say Jerid if anything is a lower tier a-hole rival.

I also disagree about the whole not giving a rat's ass about the deaths in Zeta... remember Four Murasame and that girl that believed she was Camille's sister? Those were pretty sad deaths in my opinion due to them being brainwashed and having real affection for Camille. Katsu died a pretty sad death considering he was a moron most of the time and because of his infatuation with Sara Zarabriov (Titans pilot) only spurred him on to do more reckless stuff in spite of Char and Amuro's warnings. It reminds me of how Hathaway was with Quess in Char's Counterattack. Say what you will about Zeta, but at least most characters had depth and motivations for stuff they did as opposed to being cookie cutter characters with no other motivation other than being bad or good.

Actually, Z Gundam had some great rivals other than Jerid, whose role was more of a high school jock prick kind of character. I mean, geez, you have Scirroco, Haman Khan, Jamitov Hyman, and Bask Om. How can you ignore them? They all had substantial effect on how things unfolded for the whole 0087 conflict. Hell, Jamitov and Bask even started their crap as far back as 0083 in Stardust Memories. Scirroco, while being the typical smooth suave anime villian character, was probably one of the more powerful Newtypes in the UC universe to date, with Haman Khan right up there. I'd say Jerid if anything is a lower tier a-hole rival.

Read my post again. Jerid was to Camille what Char was to Amuro, and just like Chronicle was to Uso, and thats what I meant with "main character rival". Sirocco was the grand master mind, aka one of the Zabi. Hamahn Kahn wasn't even a villian in Z Gundam... she was only a disgruntled girlfriend looking for some revenge, she didn't become a full blown villian/rival untill ZZ Gundam. <_<

I also disagree about the whole not giving a rat's ass about the deaths in Zeta... remember Four Murasame and that girl that believed she was Camille's sister? Those were pretty sad deaths in my opinion due to them being brainwashed and having real affection for Camille.  Katsu died a pretty sad death considering he was a moron most of the time and because of his infatuation with Sara Zarabriov (Titans pilot) only spurred him on to do more reckless stuff in spite of Char and Amuro's warnings.  It reminds me of how Hathaway was with Quess in Char's Counterattack.  Say what you will about Zeta, but at least most characters had depth and motivations for stuff they did as opposed to being cookie cutter characters with no other motivation other than being bad or good.

Katsu was a pathetic character (just like Hathway and Quess) who died after hitting a meteorite. He didn't even die in battle, he died because he was too stupid. Now compare his death to Odelos death in V Gundam. Both character fit the same profile, but Odelos death was more shocking because you never expected Odelo to die the way he did.

The way they killed Camiles parents was no where near as impactful as the way Usos mon and dad died. Many of the deaths in Z Gundam happened for the sake of happening.

I do agree with Fours death being kind of sad.... but Rosamias death was anything but sad. She was no where as interesting as Four. She was a low grade Four clone.

I still say V Gundams death were more impactful, because each death felt different.... most of them you couldn't see happening... while in Z Gundam they were taken for granted. Z Gundam was dark, and you expected everyone but a few key characters to die.

Edited by Abombz!!

I agree with you 100% Abombz I mean in Z gundam I could hardly care less about these characters I mean they were just so bland most of them had the personality of a card board box and yeah Jarid was a pretty crappy rival. I mean Robert the dude who got left behind and nuked I was like Who the hell was that?? Same with some of the caracters towards the end. V Gundam on the other hand I mean yeah I didn't care for some of the really early deaths I didn't care about but after about the 3rd shrike death I was starting to like them, the first time i really felt sad when a character die was that one shrike member who had to support the mass driver thing and they smash the cockpit and I was like :o . Every death after that just got to me more and more. I mean Maybe the death of Emma and her wannabe boyfriend captain guy were hte only deaths that got to me. Well Fours was kinda sad but she really wasn't in the show that much to develop a connection.

I agree with you 100% Abombz I mean in Z gundam I could hardly care less about these characters I mean they were just so bland most of them had the personality of a card board box and yeah Jarid was a pretty crappy rival. I mean Robert the dude who got left behind and nuked I was like Who the hell was that?? Same with some of the caracters towards the end. V Gundam on the other hand I mean yeah I didn't care for some of the really early deaths I didn't care about but after about the 3rd shrike death I was starting to like them, the first time i really felt sad when a character die was that one shrike member who had to support the mass driver thing and they smash the cockpit and I was like :o . Every death after that just got to me more and more. I mean Maybe the death of Emma and her wannabe boyfriend captain guy were hte only deaths that got to me. Well Fours was kinda sad but she really wasn't in the show that much to develop a connection.

I think the deal is that Z Gundam had more focus on its story, and the characters were just part of the grand plot... while V Gundam had more focus on the characters and the plot were the characters.

I remember watching Z Gundam and not really caring much about the characters, but how they fit into the grand plot. Z Gundam had a very good plot, it was much bigger then V Gundams, it involved alot more ppl. V Gundams story was rather weak, it was the characters who made it even remotely good. I mean, the story just felt like a mix of 0079 and Z Gundam. The characters were part of the League Militia, but unlike the Ahgama and the AUEG, those characters were mostly diconnected from it.

Its weird... and rather confusing I guess. :blink:

wow I read somebody DID NOT like the cast!?!?!?!

Yep, it was me. And I'll stand by it. Chronicle better than Jerrid? At least Jerrid had some personality! While Chronicle started off with some potential, he blew it by the end of the series. Chronicle would have been totally forgettable, except he had a mask. Now we can all remember him as the guy with a mask that wasn't Char. Besides, he was definatley nothing compared to Scirrocco, who was in fact the real rival villian. Sorry, a reoccuring butt-whoopings doesn't make you the rival character, Jerrid. Scirrocco was the final-duel-enemy-newtype.

Now, to tear apart the rest of the cast, we have the Shrike team who, as Abombz was kind enough to point out, showed up for the purpose of dying. Sorry, I have to disagree on caring about them, though. They were just cannon fodder with names.

Odelo was the only character who's death meant anything to me. Too bad he was a ass for half the series.

Marbet, like Chronicle, started off with potential but blew it by the end of the series.

Katejina was just ridiculous. "I'm an important League Milliataire figure. But I'm going with Chronicle. It's because I'm a spy. Okay, because I actually believe Zanscare's ideals. Alright, fine, it's because I blame the LM for the destruction of Woowig. Okay, okay, you got me. I really just like Chronicle." Nevermind the fact that we'd seen that before with Reccoa, who was at least a bit more convincing.

Shakti was even more pathetic. "We're being attacked, but we shouldn't fight." And then later, "I'll ask my mom to stop the war, and it'll be all good." Right.

And Uso? He was okay, but do the main characters need to keep getting younger and younger? I mean, 13? Come on! Why not just put Suzy in a corefighter?

The rest of the villians were lame attempts to create memorable villians. And the rest of the "hero" chacters? Hell, they didn't even try there. Two for one sale on cardboard cutouts.

Now throw in the bland Victory Gundam, the even more bland Jamesgun, Gunblastor, and Gun-EZ, and downright stupid and ridiculous enemy MS. The V2 was the only interesting MS in the series, and thankfully the story does pick up after they get into space.

Now why do I think Gundam X was better than V? Because Garroad was a truly likeable character, you genuinely wanted things to work out for him and Tifa, once you learned more about Roybie and Witts it was hard not to like them, and while Shagia and Olba weren't the most exciting characters, at least they were truly sinister. Top that all off with the fact that, IMHO, the story was better.

As for Zeta, yeah, Camille could be a jerk and a complainer. But unlike Amuro, he seemed to have more genuine reasons for his attitude. He was a genuinely dark character who seemed to suffer more hardship everytime it finally seemed like something was going his way. In fact, in Zeta, you got to know every character pretty well before many of them got killed, which made most of their deaths a lot more tragic than V Gundam's Shrike Team ("I'm a Shrike Team member! Whoops, I'm dead!" "I'll get revenge! Whoops, I'm dead!" "I'll get revenge..." ect).

Do you ever think that V Gundam or Gundam-X (my best AU of all time) will ever release international ?

Ok, just finished X last night, and while cool...WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH DOME! I realize the episode count was dropped by at least 10, but that whole nonsensicle babble about Newtypes being illusions....! That alone dropped X a few points.

I agree with you on this point but the reason I like Gundam-X so much is because of the GX design, characters especially the Frost Bros. and it has a UC feel.

The Victory Gundam MS were designed to be smaller than the usual 20m heights, so in 1/100 scale, they'd look pretty small next to the other MGs. F-91 also has a similar 'problem'. And while the 1/144 MS in Pocket toys aren't very poseable by today's standards, they are made of tougher plastics than today's PVC based MSiAs, and even feature some diecast (usually in the hips and legs). As collectors' pieces, the variety is excellent and the prices still very affordable even on eBay. Their weakest area is in the plastics used for the translucent beam shields and sabers... those can fade and turn brittle if overexposed to sunlight, as I've learned to great cost. The white plastics used for the Gundams are also susceptible to yellowing, so keep them away from the UV!

Yikes, little late for this party, but I thought I saw someone looking for V gundam toys. I have a bunch of MS in Pockets that drifand describes above that I plan on parting with if interested. PM me.

You can see a few below in front of some my HCMs....

BTW, note that all suits below are 1/144.

You can see how the earlier suits are 'the cars of the 70s' while the V suits are 'the slimmer cars of the 80s'.

HCM-pics.jpg

I was wondring how`s the plasitc quality of HCM is it more like a model or a toy ? because I always think to get one but in the end I always pull back when I order.

Most of my Gundam collection are HGUC, MSIA and the 1/144 Gundam RX-78-2 from Gundam the origin comic.

At least Jerrid had some personality!

I'll do myself a favor and disregard your entire post based on this simple quote. <_<

If you had really watched both series extensively enough... you wouldn't have said that. After the 3rd or so defeat.... Jerid becomes Asuka after being bested by Shinji. <_<

As for Zeta, yeah, Camille could be a jerk and a complainer. But unlike Amuro, he seemed to have more genuine reasons for his attitude. He was a genuinely dark character who seemed to suffer more hardship everytime it finally seemed like something was going his way.

And Uso didn't? And Amuro didn't have a reasont to complain? Have you even watched the original Gundam? :huh:

You are saying that being thrust into the role of "ray of hope" of the Federation, and practically being forced to kill.... is not enough reason to act like he did?

Just because Camille had a reason to be a loser, doesn't make him a likeable character. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!