Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

I coudl be wrong...but I doubt it.  non of the gold saints should have any silver on them.  it's either the shiny yellow, or the shiny orange.

either way tho, I'm buying it!  :D

322469[/snapback]

Maybe it's white gold! ;)

I think the silver thingy is lighting effect. If you check out the Aquarius pic on tamashii website, it look like it got silver section but actually it does not

but just like Chris said, either way I'm gonna get at least a couple of Taurus :D

Aldebaran's cool. In the PS2 game, I kept using his Great Horn counter-move on my friend when we went in versus mode. Fun stuff. :)

I'm glad he's in scale with the others, meaning that everyone else is a dwarf.

Fact: Aldebaran is Brasilian. In the manga he was blond!

Fact 2: There wasn't really much colored hair characters in the manga. Saga, Kanon, Mu, Aldebaran, Milo, Aioria, and Aphrodite are blond. Camus is a red head. Shun has brown hair, as well as Athena/Saori.

That Gemini prototype looks awesome. My wife is crawling up the walls in anticipation, since Saga and Kanon are her two favorite characters.

I wan't wait to see what Pisces Aphrodite will look like.

I'm still a bit bummed that Shaina got the shaft and got kicked back to who knows when. Instead it's Jabu and Ichi. Ergh, they're Shaina's b****s. At least she'll probably get a really good sculpt. :D

I can't wait for Pope Shion to be released since I've got him pre-ordered. :D I also can't wait for Surplice Aries Shion around April (if the schedule holds true). And after that... Who knows? Marinas I'm hoping, since I want a nicely done Siren Sorento.

Oh great news! At comicket a BUNCH of Saint Seiya doujinshi circles had announced in their doujinshis that the Hades arc will be continued! If it was only one or two circles that had announced it, I'd be suspicious. But an entire row of tables that announce it is another story! ;) I'm still not 100% trusting the info, but things look up! I'll wait until official word is released to celebrate! :) Until then, I thought you guys might be interested.

Hades arc... continued? *blink*

I always thought the Hades arc ended nicely and headed right into the Heaven Chapter?

Oh great news!  At comicket a BUNCH of Saint Seiya doujinshi circles had announced in their doujinshis that the Hades arc will be continued!  If it was only one or two circles that had announced it, I'd be suspicious.  But an entire row of tables that announce it is another story! ;) I'm still not 100% trusting the info, but things look up!  I'll wait until official word is released to celebrate! :) Until then, I thought you guys might be interested.

322989[/snapback]

Hades arc... continued? *blink*

I always thought the Hades arc ended nicely and headed right into the Heaven Chapter?

Oh great news!  At comicket a BUNCH of Saint Seiya doujinshi circles had announced in their doujinshis that the Hades arc will be continued!  If it was only one or two circles that had announced it, I'd be suspicious.  But an entire row of tables that announce it is another story! ;) I'm still not 100% trusting the info, but things look up!  I'll wait until official word is released to celebrate! :) Until then, I thought you guys might be interested.

322989[/snapback]

322996[/snapback]

SPOILER highlight to read (go until the second paragraph just for basic info about the Hades Arc part 1 and the Heaven Chapter, the rest is just if you're bored or really like Saint Seiya and don't know much about the difference between the anime and manga version of the Hades Arc)

Ended nicely? Athena was dead, all the gold saints but Kanon and Dohko were dead (except Shaka sort of), the Bronze Saints just got the living crap beat out of them and were falling into the realm of Hades.

The Heaven Chapter (I assume you're talking about the Tenkai Hen) is what happens after the end of the manga when the Hades arc finished. And then again, Kurumada gave vague ideas about what it would be about for some years, then they made the first part of the Hades Arc into an anime recently. With that sucess they got the green light to do a movie, which they did of the Heaven Chapter, which was not written by Kurumada, it was a giant filler based on some stuff Kurumada said would be in the Heaven Chapter, and some sketches he did for an artbook.

In the Hades Arc part they did make, they left out a little bit of information. When Radamanthys is beating the crap out of Mu, Milo, and Aioria, in the manga Radamanthys tells them that the reason they can't hurt him is because they're on the border of the underworld, and it's limiting the amount of power they can use. That's the reason none of their attacks were having effect on Radamanthys. If they were able to fight at full power, they'd be able to do a lot of damage. This is also the reason why the bronze saints can do stuff that has some effect. Their armors have divine blood on them, which prevents the bronze saints from being effected by the underworld power limitation on mortals.

The next part if it's made would be the Hades Arc: Underworld Chapter. Since the stuff we did see was part of the Hades Arc: Sanctuary Chapter.

The problem about the second part of the Hades Arc was that Kurumada was pissed at the director that did the Heaven Chapter movie. Unfortunately that director was also the director for the first part Hades Chapter.

Kurumada used Saint Seiya as a bargaining chip to make one of his other series into an anime. He made a deal with the animation company that did Saint Seiya. They would only be able to do the first part of the Hades Arc if they did an anime series of his pet series Ring ni Kakero. They agreed and we got part 1 of the Hades Arc, and Ring ni Kakero became an anime as well.

I'm really hoping that the rest of the Hades Arc is properly animated. If they cut any of Kanon's scenes it would be a real pisser. It's bad enough that they made Seiya and the bronze saints so prominent already. Seiya and the others only showed up after Athena died, in the manga. The only bronze saint to make it to the sanctuary before her death was Shiryu. The silver saints were never shown revived in the manga.

Mu was supposed to feature more prominently. He was supposed to have a longer fight with Papillon, but they tossed Seiya into the mixture in the anime and cut the psychokinesis battle that was in the manga. Also it was supposed to be Mu who warned Milo to watch out when Saga was about to nail him with Galaxian Explosion, but they made Seiya say it.

One of the additions I thought was really good though, was the emotional scene when Shura, Camus, and Saga die because their revival time ran out. It was longer and they got some good dialogue, instead of a quick disintigration scene like in the manga.

damn...cool. I hope they do make it... I want to see it finished.

hey, about the manga, are there 2 versions of it? I'm trying to buy a set and would like the original version. I know they did some re-release version with 15 volumes instead of the 28(?) original. was anything changed?

damn...cool.  I hope they do make it... I want to see it finished.

hey, about the manga, are there 2 versions of it?  I'm trying to buy a set and would like the original version.  I know they did some re-release version with 15 volumes instead of the 28(?) original.  was anything changed?

323103[/snapback]

Uh first off, you want to buy it in original Japanese or a particular country release? The 15 book version is smaller and thicker, so it has less volumes (if you're talking about the Japanese ones. For any other country's release, your guess is as good as mine). As far as I know, nothing was really changed.

Personally I don't like the smaller format pages, I prefer the normal size mangas.

Otherwise there is Saint Seiya G currently being released. The story is by Kurumada, and the artwork is by Megumu Okada, the mangaka for Shadow Skill. It's a prequel, taking place after Aioros' death, but before the timeline of the original series. So it focuses on the young gold saints.

As far as toys go. If they make Saint Seiya G style toys, I probably won't buy them. I don't like Okada's style, nor the way the armors got interpretted by Okada. Plus Mu and Shion with eyebrows is just ew. :p

Release Shaina!!!

I'm talkin of the original japanese releases.  so they never changed the ending or anything like that?  I heard the original ending of the first release was changed because too many ppl complained about it.

323291[/snapback]

It's a rumor that went around in the 90's, but I don't know if there's any truth to it. The ending I read was like this:

SPOILER for end of manga and the events of the Tenkai Hen/Heaven Chapter

We're left wondering if Seiya is alive or dead. We don't know what's going to happen to everyone now that Hades has been killed and the world/dimension they were in started to come apart. We're left wondering.

In an artbook, Kurumada drew a short thing that was supposed to give a few answers as to what happened, and the basis for the Tenkai Hen/Heaven Chapter. We see Seika pushing around a lifeless looking Seiya in a wheelchair in a field of flowers. Showing that Seiya and everyone did survive, but Seiya was left injured badly by Hades' sword.

Personally the way the Tenkai Hen was handled, sucked. The new armors of the new characters sucked, didn't go with the rest of the Saint Seiya armors that have constalletions or whatever. The new characters sucked. All the Divine Bronze armors reverted back to their Version 3 form, and were super easy to break into nothing. And the gold saints got their souls locked away by the gods. Then we're left wondering again what the f*** happened after Seiya managed to put a little cut on Apollo's face. Another mystery ending. Oh yeah and one last thing: Seiya has no dick. If you've watched the movie, you'll know what I mean.

On the subject of Saint Cloth Myths.

I wonder how they're going to do Gemini Saga's face and hair... They could go evil Saga route and give him red eyes and gray hair. They could go good Saga route and give him normal eyes and blue hair. I wonder if they'll include two different Saga heads... I hope they include a head for Kanon. :D

woudln't kanon look the same as saga? being twins and all... :D I'm sure you probably know the subtle differences...I coudlnt' pick it up in the hades sanct chapter.

but yah, that would be a plus if they included both heads...cuz he was shown evil most of the time...but still had that good side to him.

I definitely am looking to pick up the set of comics now.

i've received an email from HLJ, they have canceled my milo order :(

Thank you for your recent order for the follwing item.

Item: Bandai Gold Cloth Scorpio Miro (BAN932898)

Unfortunately, we have been told that the manufacturer (for reasons that

have not been made clear to us) has only produced a very limited number

of these items.  Although we placed a large order for this with our

distributors, we only received a very small number of pieces, and have

exhausted our attempts to find any additional sources.

As always, we are filling orders in the order that they were placed, but

given the extremely small number of pieces that we received, we have

determined that there is no chance that we can fill your order for you,

so we're canceling it at this time.

I got that email too. Really sucky that I placed my order almost like day one when they start taking preorder, months ago... <_<

I don't see why Bandai would make very little of Milo either. But since its cancelled, I don't think I can do much but to order from elsewhere, which I need to pay a bit more.

i do not think they made less of him, i think Hobbylink Japan just got far less than they thought they would get, he seems to be going for normal price everywhere i see him, so i do not think he is rarer than the others.

chris

This is why I avoid HLJ. They're total bastards now.

They probably accepted way more orders than they actually would get stock for. Saint Seiya is really big in Europe, in particular France. And a loooot of the French Saint Seiya fans order through HLJ (although they get it in the a** when they order multiples).

Avoid YesAsia. They accept orders for things when they don't have the stuff in stock, then if they can't get anymore they give you the runaround and finish with "we'll give you store credit" and refuse to give you a real refund. :angry:

Hobbysearch sucks too. They don't even answer emails anymore.

Damn. My Scorpio preorder was also cancelled by hlj :angry: . I'm lucky my friend is going to Tokyo next week. He wil be able to attend the Tokyo Game Show ( 2nd biggest video game show after the famous Los Angeles E3 ) and find time to pick one for me :)

i'll buy it on a store in paris for 49 € :( on HLJ S&H included it was about 40€ .

324567[/snapback]

Konci?

Don't go to Red Sun Anime by Montparnasse, everything is insanely overpriced (ex: 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru was €300 back when they were still in production).

i've asked for more infos about the cancelation and here the answer :

Hello, Benjamin-

Thank you for writing. Believe us, we're just as disappointed as you are

about this situation.

With no warning from our distributors, we received much fewer of the

BAN932898 Gold Cloth Scorpio Miro than we had expected to receive. For

reasons that have not been made clear to us, Bandai produced only a

limited number of the Scorpio Miro. We received only 300, Bandai

currently has no plans to produce any more, and our attempts to find any

additional sources were unsuccessful.

As always, we are filling orders in the order that they were placed. The

first 300 customers who ordered this item are first in line for the 300

we received. The next 100 customers who ordered this item are next in

line, in case there are any cancellations among the first 300.

Our records indicate that you placed your Scorpio Miro preorder on April

16 Japan time. We began accepting preorders for this item on April 14

Japan time. We're very sorry, but your preorder was not one of the first

400 orders. With the extremely small number of pieces that we received,

and no possibility of acquiring any more, we regretfully cancelled your

Miro order because there is no chance we will be able to fill it for you.

We apologise for this great inconvenience to you; it is frustrating for

us when we are assured by our distributors that we will be able to

receive a certain amount of stock and then do not. Unfortunately there is

nothing that we can do about it save offer our condolences to our customers.

We ask for your understanding and look forward to serving you better in

the future.

Many thanks for your business with HobbyLink Japan!

actually, I just talked to the guy I usually buy from...and he says he tried to order 2 cases of it like he did with aries, but only got about 9 of them in. He's expecting the same for milo. but he goes on to add, this is just the first wave...and there should be more coming in.

• 4 weeks later...