Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Shinohara,

Where did you find that Athena Statue? It actually looks like the exact same design from the Seiya show, not just some generic Athena sculpture. Would like to get one of those if its not too pricey. Thanks.

Shinohara,

Where did you find that Athena Statue? It actually looks like the exact same design from the Seiya show, not just some generic Athena sculpture. Would like to get one of those if its not too pricey. Thanks.

I don't know where Shinohara got his, but you could try looking on Yahoo Japan if you have a deputy shopper than can bid for you. I've seen some of those statues going there. Other than that, I don't know any places.

There is one on Ebay I've been eyeing...but will probably wait to get it after my trip to ShangHai.

Shinohara-nice collection there man...so you've got 3 of each one?? crazy mofo :D

you know what they should do...make some cheapy plastic gold chromed pandora boxes that are like $40 for a set of 12....I'd pick those up if they looked nice enough. then I can set up a throne room diorama of the Sanctuary.

Shinohara,

mpchi,

I bought the statue here at local hobby shop (here means Jakarta, Indonesia :D ) it cost me around USD 40. I think Ken at Toy-wave sell this thing, I saw it once at his website. It weigh around 1 kg and made from cold cast porcelain. The packaging was good so don't worry about problem when shipping. :D

Eternal D, zeo-mare thanks for the comments :)

I was planning to display my myth clothes as the figure and the object and keep one MISB. Myth cloth price was reasonable here around 40 - 50 buck for gold saints, and sometimes they're on sale. So if you guys need any help to complete the myth cloth, let me know. I'll help out, no profit taken though :rolleyes:

Anybody interested in myth cloth campaign set with the pope figures? apparently Ken at toy wave can get it for USD 65!!! I'll get one for sure :D

Edited by shinohara

hey, I didn't know you're from Jakarta Shinohara. I was there last july for a whole month. didn't really get to do any shopping as I coudln't get around easily lol. tho I did see a hobby store in Mega Mall

and as far as Ken gettin the pope figure, do you have to supply your own coupon thing or is he doing it?

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! MUST GET!!!!! :D

picture taken off the whitezeta forums as usual. :p;)

edit: I just picked up the banpresto chibi figure pack of Aries Mu and Shion. Advice, don't buy it unless you're a hardcore collector or die-hard saint seiya fan. It is "teh suck", the armor parts don't stay on, the objects don't hold together, and well... It's banpresto. :(<_<:p:lol: Plus it only comes with one body... :angry:

Now I have a Surplice Aries Shion standing around with Mu's severed head sticking out of a shot-glass.

post-26-1111520407_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

Aries Mu looks to be my favorite so far, he looks great, i wonder if you could use the horns on the object on the figure as well, the more detailed horns on it would look awesome on him.

hey, I didn't know you're from Jakarta Shinohara.  I was there last july for a whole month.  didn't really get to do any shopping as I coudln't get around easily lol.  tho I did see a hobby store in Mega Mall

and as far as Ken gettin the pope figure, do you have to supply your own coupon thing or is he doing it?

LOL .... i should've join this forum earlier :D I live close to megamall!. Next time you come around, let me know We'll do some toy hunting :D

There are several hobby shops around. I normally get my myth clothes and gundams from a big hobby shop that also act as a wholesaler. You get a good deal plus you can select the toy fresh from Factory Box. So you get a Mint in Mint box.

As for Ken, I believe you have to buy any myth cloth from him, then he will cut the coupon from the purchased myth cloth. I have ordered pegasus final from him though.

OHHH... the Aries MU is a little BeAUTY :D can't wait

Edited by shinohara

is the new pegasus out yet? i heard it was coming out this month.

chris

edit: never mind they are showing up on ebay, so they are definetly out :)

Edited by zeo-mare

• 2 weeks later...

picked up a Libra and the new Seiya. gotta love em both.

problems with the libra are the stupid shield...they hardly want to stay on the arm or shoulder parts...which is a pain cuz any little movement and they fall off. gonna try some nail polish or something to thicken that part up when I get back to the states.

as for Seiya...really cool. a lot more poseability, much much much better head sculpt. and the hands are even easier to put back in. what's great also is that it comes packaged with the old crest and the sagittarius crest as well so you can put the better head sculpt on them.

don't have my camera cable to upload the pictures so can't show anything, but these are definitely some nice figures.

picked up a Libra and the new Seiya. gotta love em both.

problems with the libra are the stupid shield...they hardly want to stay on the arm or shoulder parts...which is a pain cuz any little movement and they fall off. gonna try some nail polish or something to thicken that part up when I get back to the states.

as for Seiya...really cool. a lot more poseability, much much much better head sculpt. and the hands are even easier to put back in. what's great also is that it comes packaged with the old crest and the sagittarius crest as well so you can put the better head sculpt on them.

don't have my camera cable to upload the pictures so can't show anything, but these are definitely some nice figures.

I find the shields of Libra tricky too, but you can actually push it in more so that the peg sinks in more & stays better. Guess most of us are too delicate with our precious toys mostly, and never try to force it. But in this case, see if you can push the shield peg in a bit more. Mine was really loose before I spot that, now its a bit better. Won't fall off even if I handle it a bit. Still not perfect though, but more secure.

No surprise if some of you guys allready got this girly set...

:huh:

afraid not these costumes look freaking gay :ph34r:

indeed armor forever :lol: whats the point of having these figures without the armor on, unless you want pose the Objects along side them. but if that is the case i would just leave them in there normal clothes.

chris

i'll definitely try that with the shields...i just don't like to scratch the chrome.

i also noticed that the coloring is not so smooth on some parts for the Libra...it's quite ugly actually having it look like it's scuffed up...anybody else have this problem?

and i'd never display these figures w/o the armor...that full body spandex they're wearing isn't exactly all that masculine either :lol:

more news from cell senshi:

Allez, quelques news pour compléter les infos Myth Cloth :

- Le Scorpion a été décalé à fin août au lieu de juillet... Il faudra donc attendre 1 mois de plus pour découvrir le ténébreux Milo et sa terrible Scarlet Needle. Autre info concernant ce jouet, des mains supplémentaires pour le Bélier et le Lion seront disponibles dans la boîte pour permettre de recréer chez vous l'Athena Exclamation ! Shocked

C'est pas cool ça ??? Wink

Donc pour ceux qui sont long à la détente, en juillet 2005, ben y'a pas de Myth Cloth (congés apparement...).

- Le planning se poursuit avec fin septembre 2005, le Dragon 3ème armure !! (c'est pas trop tôt ! il fait comme les chiens, il cherche sa place...) Wouaf ! Laughing

- Ensuite, Taureau fin octobre, Shaina fin novembre et Gémeaux fin décembre. Janvier rien (fêtes de fin d'année oblige...), Poissons fin février, Cygne V3 fin mars et Shion fin avril 2006. (comme vous l'aurez tous compris, le planning des sorties est succeptible de changer selon les problèmes rencontrés par Bandai ou Tamashii).

- Pour conclure, je suis en mesure de vous annoncer que le planning prévisionnel des sorties Myth Cloth a été prolongé jusqu'en mars 2008... (eh ben, faudra pousser les murs de la maison !! )

--------------------------------------------------

translation:

-Scorpio has been postponed to the end of August instead of July. We'll have to wait one month more for seeing Milo's shadow and his terrible Scarlet Needle. Other info concerning this toy is that there will be extra hands for Leo and Aries available in the box so that you will be able to recreate Athena Exclamation at your place.

Isn't that cool!? ;)

So those that have been waiting a while, there won't be any Myth Cloths in July. (vacations apparently)

-the planning will continue in September 2005 with the Dragon version 3 armor. (it's not too early! he's doing like the dogs, searching his place... woof!) :lol:

-then Taurus in the end of October, Ophicus Shaina in November and Gemini Saga at the end of December. NOthing in January(obligatory holiday for the new years), Pisces Aphrodite at the end of February, Cygnus Hyoga version 3 armor in March, and Surplice Version Aries Shion in April 2006 (as you already understood the planning of releases is susceptible to change according to the problems encountered by bandai or tamashii)

-to conclude, I can tell you now that the provisional planning of releases of Myth Cloths has been prolonged until March 2008.. (and well, we'll have to expand our houses!!)

--------------------------------

Info taken off of Whitezeta forums as usual.

This is great news! And Aries Shion in 2006!!! :D

I just picked up the PS2 saint seiya game the other day! The graphics are fab and gameplay also quite good but too bad you need to know Japanese to really enjoy the game.

uhm, by "surplice" you mean the purple armor of the spectres? if that's the case, are they going to make ALL the gold saint purple armors?

The purple Hades version of the Gold armors, yes.

Official news: so far just Surplice version Aries Shion.

Speculation: If they're making Surplice Version Aries Shion, and they are including with Scorpio Milo extra hands for Aries Mu and Leo Aioria to do Athena Exclamation, then they will probably make surplice versions Cancer Deathmask, Pisces Aphrodite, Aquarius Camus, Capricorne Shura, and Gemini Saga. At least I hope they do!

I hope they make Bronze Saint Chameleon June. Dunno if they'll ever make her, I don't know how popular she is.

I'm crossing my fingers that the sculpt for Ophicus Shaina will be good! After having seen some Myth Cloth customs and the horrible bodies... She may have a deep voice, but she doesn't have a manly body! :lol: I wonder if they'll supply two different tiaras: manga version and anime version. Considering that Deathmask is coming with a chestplate to add on and a crotch piece to make his armor look like the manga version if you want...

I just picked up the PS2 saint seiya game the other day! The graphics are fab and gameplay also quite good but too bad you need to know Japanese to really enjoy the game.

Agree with that.... can't understand japanese myself

Just got the game last weekend. IMHO, it will hold your interest for a while, but not for long. There aren't many secret moves to uncover and there are only 17 characters to be unlocked.

However, i love the opening scene with original song but a much improved graphic

that's really cool news.

where are you getting the news from?  do you have a link to all the customs you've seen?

I'm getting the news from the french whitezeta forums on saint seiya:

http://www.whitezeta.net/

The guy that's been supplying the news is a guy named cell senshi who is a freelance journalist that writes for hobby magazines and has contacts in bandai. So far all the info he's given in the past has been accurate up to date.

Saint Seiya is really big in France, bandai france is even releasing the saint cloth myths in France. Which is great news for me :D

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the places that I saw customs on, but I saved some pics. Such as this Myth Cloth Athena custom... she does a lot of weight lifting. :p

edit: and really small boobs

post-26-1113230242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

Bad news on the information front, not unlike what happened here on Macross World. :( Information Blackout.

Word got back to Bandai Japan that news on the release schedules had made it out, and they were not amused. Bandai Japan made it clear to Bandai France that no more information was to be leaked.

Cell senshi who had been receiving info from a contact in Bandai France has more info, but because the contact is a friend, he is unwilling to divulge the rest of the news he has, because he does not want to compromise his friend's position.

Soooo, we won't be having any new news for a while. Thankfully we know already that the line will continue on till 2008, with God Warriors, Marinas, Aries Shion, and Ophicus Shaina. :)