Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Got the PS2 game last night, played a bit of it, and has mix feelings about it.

For fans, its quite fun, as you do relive a lot of Seiya moments, awesome music like in the show, original voices (though they yell too hard even on some really weak attacks). Definitely has the Seiya feel. Even the cosmos/Seven Sense system they have is very interesting, and you can keep reviving unless you get killed by the Super or Big Bang attack, kind of like how it is in the show, with the good guys always some back at the end. :p

But as a game critic, this is only a mediocre game. Animations are quite nice, but way too few combos and moves here. Character & visual effects aren't as good as they could be for PS2 one on one fighting game, both with pretty low res models. The Big Bang attack is cool, works like some Dragonball games & Naruto PS2 super moves, but feel like they need more love here. Most are kind of plain on the visuals, when you would expect some really nice eye candy out of them.

Overall, don't regret the purchase, especially when I was able to get the cool preorder freebie Sagitaurius Pandora Box, and need it to get my Pope Campaign Set. But wish it got the same treatment as the Naruto PS2 games did, which stays true to its anime, yet really fun and has some depth in terms of visuals & gameplay. Seiya game definitely get the feel, but lack in other areas.

On the other hand, the new Seiya Final Bronze figure is awesome, but they didn't do the thigh armor fitment right, and got somewhat weak ankles on both legs. Head pops off too. The fitment on the thigh of Dohko & Shura was great, but now it got dumb down somehow and a bit loose... But Seiya looks way cool & so much more poseable in many areas, its great! Not perfect, but way better than the previous Seiya. Way way better! ;)

Bad news on the information front, not unlike what happened here on Macross World. :( Information Blackout.

Word got back to Bandai Japan that news on the release schedules had made it out, and they were not amused. Bandai Japan made it clear to Bandai France that no more information was to be leaked.

Cell senshi who had been receiving info from a contact in Bandai France has more info, but because the contact is a friend, he is unwilling to divulge the rest of the news he has, because he does not want to compromise his friend's position.

Soooo, we won't be having any new news for a while. Thankfully we know already that the line will continue on till 2008, with God Warriors, Marinas, Aries Shion, and Ophicus Shaina. :)

well, that's alright...I dont' know why they AREN'T happy about it because they can read how excited all the fans are about their release plans...but hey, I'm not head of a multi-million toy manufacturer.

that athena is fugs! lol, too funny...the head looks pretty good but blech on the rest. but definitely a cool idea, and will want to try that one day.

I want more Hades episodes.

I want more movies against the Greek goods...

:(

I found a link of a fan making MTG cards with Saint Seiya

http://ssmtg.atspace.com/welcome.htm

I am going to print some of them out and build a deck, just for the heck of it :p

Edited by RichterX

• 2 weeks later...

More pics of Aries Mu. Looks like he comes with two types of horns, plus he comes with the armor repairing tools. :)

Plus as we've seen with pics before, you can put Shion's head on this body once Pope Shion is released! :D Young Aries Shion.

edit: in case you didn't see, at the end of the previous page there's a pic of the new Scorpio Milo. Also, I forgot to mention that as usual I got this pic off of the white zeta forums :p

post-26-1114297851_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumdumgai

Very nice! :) The face looks very good too. And great to have 2 different horns. Anyone know which one is which? The bigger pair with no ridges is from TV? Or Manga?

The horns that are ridged "for your pleasure" are the manga version horns. The smooth horns are the anime version.

Here's a slightly better quality picture of Scorpio Milo.

I must have Aries Mu! :D

post-26-1114351791_thumb.jpg

is he out yet? i did not see him at all. lol more money to spend :lol::lol: by the way eternal_D did you get my last PM?.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

HLJ shipped mine a few days ago, I'm still waiting for it.

I went through HLJ because of a price reduction for early pre-order. I lucked out it seems. On the whitezeta forums some of the guys there said they got shafted. They had done wholesale orders of Cancer Deathmask, but then they recieved a letter from HLJ saying that ALL wholesale orders were cancelled because of the small amount of stock they recieved. Plus only about 10% of the retail orders would be able to be fulfilled because of how little they got...

Sucks to be the guys that got shafted by HLJ, HLJ sucks in anycase... :p

no these figures are very different from the USA release these are far nicer.

chris

from what i understand everything is different the molds the weapons and armor the usa version are also all plastic i think they are smaller to than the japanese versions. the import ones have diecast metal armor peices and are vastly superior . the USA and japan version are different toys all together, kinda like the Import Yamato 1/60 Valks and the USA Toynami MPC Valks, they are both Valks but they are very different when it comes to quality :p

Wow, deathmask's cancer cloth is so shiny you can see the reflection of the guy taking the picture in the armor! :lol:

I'm eagerly awaiting Aries Mu. Especially after having played the new fighting game a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

i got one...here are some noteable differences.

first and foremost, the head sculpt is 100x's better than the original one. looks a lot more like Seiya this time around. size seems smaller, eyes are more detailed, and hair looks more correct.

the arms are pretty much the same excpet for the added joint on the wrist. works pretty well except mines a little loose so falls off easily.

the body has a new kind of joint...in which it can rotate and not just bend forward.

the leg to hip joint is different as it's more like the Marvel legends leg joints. better articulation, more stability...they need to make the rest of the figures in this manner.

I don't have the manga to read, but was shion the original pope that was killed by Saga?

when they showed the original pope dead on star hill, he looked more like Shiryu.

Yes, Shion is the pope that Saga killed and impersonated in the manga. In the anime they did some BS that ended up not coinciding with the manga because of how they adapted the manga and how the manga was still being done by Kurumada while the anime was being made.

I don't exactly remember for the anime. Besides they happily worked out filler characters that sucked, like Crystal Saint, and the steel saints. (Why did they bring the steal saints back for the fighting game? They could have put in Persius Argol, or some other silver saints...)

As for dead shion on star hill looking like Shion. Well, Kurumada might not have had a design worked out for him at the time. We don't even really see his face, we just see him opening his mout and crying out in pain when he gets killed.

I am definitely looking forward to getting the final version of all the bronze saints. not only do I think the sculpt is more anime like, but the bodies they use are a lot more poseable.

This is definitely a toy line that has my approval. honestly, if you look at the toys from yesteryear compared to the ones being released, I'm so glad I didn't try to collect the vintage toys.

For all SS fans out there, much like all the Macross fans out there, it is a great time to be collecting these toys.