Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

Mine is on its way. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Wonder if the Gold Saints releases are going to take a break after Shura/Capricorn, as Ladamantis will be next up. And haven't really heard of any news about new upcoming Gold Saints.

As a side note, just watched the new Seiya Movie - Tenkaihen Overture. Its very interesting, and very very pretty! Much prettier than the already very pretty Hades OVA. But also lot of talking, and quite differently paced from the normal Seiya movies we've seen before. It feels more mature with much less cheesiness, without following as much of the normal formula...(aka: Seiya gang got beat up real bad, then they wear the Gold Cloths with Seiya killing the main bad guy with the Sagitarius arrow), but some aspect of the story in this movie seem to break the continuity from previous TV & movies. It also drags quite a bit, as there are a lot more scenes & dialogues in between fights than the movies before. And it leaves you at a cliffhanger at the end that is even worse that the one in Hades OVA. But still very enjoyable nonetheless, and definitely the prettiest Seiya animation you've ever seen! Everywhere in this film ooze "quality production" here. I feel like this is definitely a good new direction for the revival of the Seiya franchise, by making Seiya feel slightly more mature for fans that are mostly all grown-ups by now, with a slightly different feel of storytelling. Just hope that they can tweak the pacing a bit tighter when doing similar projects, then it would really be great.

Go watch it! ;)

I saw this on JAL on my way to japan in june...or was it my flight back? I can't remember. but anyway, there were no subs but that just allowed me to watch the art itself. and I agree, this was the best drawn SS to date. I have no idea what was going on so am eagerly awaiting the domestic release.

too bad I don't have enough money to buy the Myth Clothes :(

And i am not buying the bootlegs cause they are fugly

I was checking on the web and found this about a future Saint Seiya Game for the PS2, the video quality is horrible but kind of interesting, it is the Pegasus Fantasy all done in 3D CG, Seiya looks like they used the myth cloth figure as the model.

http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/darksamurai/ssps2.wmv

Also...

Any one knows if there is going to be a continuation of Tenkaihen?

Edited by RichterX

okay guys let's get back to one thing we have not been speculating, now what we know is :

Dec : Capricon

Jan : Hades spector Rathamnathys

Feb Libra ( from my side news)

March: Pegasus ( final cloth after being revived by athena's blood version)

After that what else ? can anyone confirm the release ??

AWESOME !!! :blink::lol:

and he's more expensive : 4800 yens :p

Dude, Saint Seiya is all about elegant designs, so they are bound to be girly looking to an extend. :p

I got Sagitaurius, and I can say its very very cool. Quality is top notch, on par with Leo, and better than Aquarius & Virgo. The extra Seiya head sculpt is SO NICE this time than the original Seiya, but it also pissed me off so bad that somehow they left out the sideburn on one side, making Seiya look like having a bad hair cut without head armor on. Really pissed the heck out of me. The facial features looked so much better on the new head, and is a tad smaller, and looks perfect on Seiya, but then they purposely messed up the sideburn without serving a single purpose.....man.... The rest of this figure is just great. No loose joints, very minor paint imperfection, great armor lock design & good poseability. As one of the most important Cloth in the whole show, they sure paid extra attention on this one.

Another minor gripe, that Aiolos doesn't have a head band like he appears in the show. Great figure overall, and one of the best Myth Cloth release, if not the best.

Hey... don't you think libra looks little funny? The shoulder armor seems really big. I have a question. So March release suppose to be the final bronze seiya, right? Which one is that (is it one before the divine seiy or is it the one?). Do any of you have the picture of it by any chance?

so whats the attraction to these figures? do you have to be a fan of the anime to appreciate them? i'm all about diecast toys so please fill me in.

right now they just kinda look like barbie dolls..

so whats the attraction to these figures? do you have to be a fan of the anime to appreciate them? i'm all about diecast toys so please fill me in.

right now they just kinda look like barbie dolls..

Well, you'll probably appreciate it a whole lot more if you were a Saint Seiya fan, since it was a really popular series back in the days, and its not until 15 or so years later that these more proportionate diecast toys start to surface thanks to the recent Seiya revival in Japan. So its a really big kick for the fans.

But for you, it would still be cool to just get one, as they are quality toys. They aren't really sturdy, cause their joints can get loose if you play with it a lot, and their diecast armors are heavy for their joints. But they are ultra cool being displayed in different poses, or if you put the Cloth/Armor in the Obje form. Very shiny sparkly armored figure that comes in a relatively low price. If you want one, either get the Leo or Sagitautious. They are the most well built & designed ones so far, with Leo being the most poseable(armor not in the way), while Sagitaurious looks fantastic with the overall look, big wings, & bow+arrow, while still more poseable than the stiffer Aquarius & Virgo.

Though not all armor pieces in a figure are diecast, most of them are, with a couple pieces that are chrome plastic. (head piece, sometimes shoulder plate..)

They are far from barbies with shiny armor. ;)

I just got into Saint Seiya thanks to my fiancee already having been a fan, and from being shown the Hades arc. :)

I really love these figures, and just started to get them. I just got a Shiryu and am pretty satisfied (except the damned leg armour that keeps falling :p ). And, now I've got a Leo Aioria on the way, with a Virgo Shakka for my fiancee in time for Christmas! :)

For those of you who speak French and love Saint Seiya, you could try to find the French Saint Seiya doujinshis "Zero Absolu"; They're hilarious! :lol: They were sold at Cartoonist, by Studio Takehoshi.

Attention je monte la garde "Des roses qui montent la garde?? C'est qwa cette blague!" :lol:

Well that Sait looks much better.

At least it is not Gold shinny and it gay face is a bit more covered with the helmet.

hummmm I will be picking ths one. Where can I preorder?

Damn... to be alone for long is not good, looks like I am developing a gay side when comes to buy toys.

that one in the purple armor looks cool, how tall are these anyhow???

Edited by zeo-mare

I believe around 7.5 inches :D:D

thanks i want to possibly pick up a few but i want to conserve my money as much as i can , and get things that truly look worth the money, these look really nice I am definetly considering getting the Sagitaurious

thanks i want to possibly pick up a few but i want to conserve my money as much as i can

I agree.. especially when the 1/48 GBP was just over the horizon :D:p

If I may make a suggestion, take Radamantis, Aquarius, Libra, Aries, Capricorn and Scorpion. If budget allow, collect the twelve gold saints, IMHO, they just so beautiful and full of die cast.

Rumours also said, this saint seiya myth cloth will span for years to come ... when the marine saints come out.. there are plenty beautiful myth cloth to collect :D:D