My Custom Desert Zaku

Mechamaniac

The green on the inside parts makes it even more real!

:p

j/k looks cool man, needs some kind of camo maybe?

Vostok 7

Actually, that's what I was going for.

When I was in the Army during the first gulf war, all of our Hummers looked that way, since they all got that "oh crap we're going to the desert" quick desert camo makeover.

Actually, that's what I was going for.

When I was in the Army during the first gulf war, all of our Hummers looked that way, since they all got that "oh crap we're going to the desert" quick desert camo makeover.

I figured you were, which is why I made a comment. I think it looks cool :)

Vostok 7

Like it a LOT!!!! It looks super cool!!

I think a gun metal or light gun metal from Mr Hobby will make the weapons look great!

Also I think the inside green should be a bit darker, maybe if you make a fast wash?

Panel lines look very well and the color scheme is super nice.

I thought about doing desert camo, but to me, the idea of a 60 foot robot trying to camoflauge itself especially in the desert, is kind of silly.

I am very new at weathering, and what little you see is pastel chalks. I would definitely be interested in any suggestions on how I could grunge it up a bit. I used flat paints, so I don't think a wash will go over too well, but I'll try anything.

I also need to get some good decals (cough Anasazi cough) since the standard PG stickers are pure crap.

off topic: about those patlabor kits, those are the 1/35 MG ones right? what is that hummer lookin car in front of the labors?

And yeah, those are the 1/35 Labors, and the Hummer is a converted Motorworks Hummer that I snagged at Wal Mart, repainted, and decaled up to be a labor command car using the left over decals and dry transfers from the three MG kits.

Edited by Mechamaniac

So, any tips for weathering??

also, try a little drybrushing with black for oil and aluminum/steel for paint wear, just try it 1st on some of the plasctic sprues before attempting the model. Ive been working on a zeta plus and flat black on the hands with drybrushed aluminum metalizer looks pretty cool. I just have to get my airbrushing area set up to finish it, then I can post some pictures