Stupid gay ass gimmick

91WhiskeyM6

You gotta be kidding me. This is stoopid!!! Barbie & Ken were together for 43 years and only now decided to break up? That's lame. Just because celebrities are breaking up, barbie doesn't need to be following that trend. Anyway, I never liked barbie, she was a bee-yatch!! Especially Ken!!! :p:D:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

I can already see someone locking this thread. Thus spoke Nostradamus. :)

On the other hand, it was a pretty cheap publicity stunt...and with all of the other problems in the wold today, why should anyonne care?

Edited by Pat Payne

First of all, what are you doing on a barbie site :blink:

Second of all, Ken is and always will be a gay pansy. GI Joe will ALWAYS be more man than Ken. Or any male barbie doll for that matter.

Vostok 7

The story made it's way onto Fox News and CNN's websites.

Nah, Ken's not gay, he's just the prototype metrosexual.

All I can say is that I've seen the way Ken looks at Barbie's teen sis, Skipper... the lingering glances, the shared jokes, always touching...

She's cute, funny, and she's perpetually 18... can't say I blame Ken for trying to free up his options. If Skipper doesn't wanna play, there's always Theresa, or he could get really spicy and try out Barbie's ethnocentric variants.

You got one guy doll and approximately 8000 females. And women expect monogamy from Ken?

This has been coming for a long time, folks.

:p

Nah, Ken's not gay, he's just the prototype metrosexual.

All I can say is that I've seen the way Ken looks at Barbie's teen sis, Skipper... the lingering glances, the shared jokes, always touching...

She's cute, funny, and she's perpetually 18... can't say I blame Ken for trying to free up his options. If Skipper doesn't wanna play, there's always Theresa, or he could get really spicy and try out Barbie's ethnocentric variants.

You got one guy doll and approximately 8000 females. And women expect monogamy from Ken?

This has been coming for a long time, folks.

:p

BAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAaAahahahaAHHAHHAhahahAhahHAhahHAHAHHahahAHhA

Vostok 7

have you ever considered they're might be some gay MWers?

No kidding... The word "gay" should not be used as a negitive adjective, it just isn't nice.

I have trouble with this especially when it comes to describing M7. I try to stick with adjectives like "lame," or "retarted," even "flamin" is less offensive.

I wonder if they are going to make a Divorce Barbie. :lol:

A man walks into a store to buy a Barbie doll for his daughter.

"How much is that Barbie in the window?", he asks the shop assistant.

In a manner she responds, "Which Barbie? We have Barbie Goes to the Gym for $19.95, Barbie Goes to the Ball for $19.95, Barbie Goes Shopping for $19.95, Barbie Goes to the Beach for $19.95, Barbie Goes Nightclubbing for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $395.00. "

The guy asks, "Why is Divorced Barbie different from all the others?"

"That's obvious," the assistant states, "Divorced Barbie comes with Ken's house, Ken's car, Ken's boat, Ken's furniture... "

- some site

So now we send the message to kids that it's ok to divorce or whatever.... how sad our society is becomming. <_<

Blaine23: that was some funny s**t! :lol:

Second of all, Ken is and always will be a gay pansy. GI Joe will ALWAYS be more man than Ken. Or any male barbie doll for that matter.

Vostok 7

Somewhere I read someone's reminiscences of playing with his GI Joes when he was a kid in the 60's--he burned scars onto his Joe's back with a soldering iron to show where he was tortured by the Commies, and he stole his sister's Ken so that Joe could interrogate him as a "subversive".

I also remember jokes in elementary school about why the new Joes had Kung Fu grip--it had something or other to do with Barbie. (Use your imagination...)

Does anyone remember that excellent commercial where a Ken-clone is jilted by a girl doll who runs of with a "man of action" type doll driving a hot sports car? I forget what it was for.

My Joes are all from the "Adventure Team" era--when everybody looked like Ed Bradley. Still got 'em.

So now we send the message to kids that it's ok to divorce or whatever.... how sad our society is becomming.  <_<

Parents: your your kids will develop serious trauma if you stick together

it will halt their social development, and make them alienate themselfves from the

other kids in their appointed agegroup

Loyalty and persistence is something for the government -and the media to teach your kids

not you!

:rolleyes:

Sad? no it pisses me off!!!

so it ok to make fun of cripples and retards but not gays?

if you're part of some other type of minority: Yes!

I saw some TV star with a livercondition make fun of Jules de la Touret(sp?)-syndrome

everybody thought it was ok, not to mention funny

but when he died and I made a joke about livertransplants, I was an a-hole

...must be 'cause I'm not part of a minority

edit: this isn't meant as an insult to minorities, just a not-politically-correct example

Edited by Nightbat®

well not to get off on a tangent, but to clarify -

ken as a gay icon - heck, everyone knows that. ken might not like it, but it's a fact. he's embraced by certain gay circles as "their" doll. sorta like liza minelli. poking fun at ken because he's gay doesn't hurt his feelings, and to tell you the truth the gay community would probably say "you got that right!" when you call ken gay. of course gays might not like non-gays poking fun at ken - "only WE can poke fun at ken as gay!" so for that i apologize. when it goes over the line and just becomes a hate bashin thing - well that's something else. if anyone thinks the "ken as gay" is getting out of hand just tell a mod.

saying something is stupid, like an idea, by referring to it as "gay" - now that's something else too. to be PC is to not call such things "gay." an old threat used by ignorant mothers to threaten their stupid children used to be "you better stop that or i'll smack the color right out of you" - and yes it was a racist reference, not something to do with flushed cheeks or anything.

finally, if you find cripple, homosexual, etc humor funny, that's your bag of tea. and to say it's ok or not ok, that's your opinion. but to assume it's ok for everyone and just spread the humor around in a public board where it could offend the folks you are making fun of creates an oppresive community. of course it depends on the community. when i hear margaret cho belting out asian jokes i laugh, but sorta get pissed cause "our jokes" are being heard by non-asians. now when a white guy cracks asian jokes, i just get pissed.

just as a side note, i know we have alot of asians here. asian bashing would be in bad taste, even when referred to through barbies. i dont think any barbie is an "asian icon." my sister is still pissed at our folks for getting her an "oriental barbie" - even in junior high she knew oriental was for food and rugs, not people lol. so in other words, when talking about gays, just think about the context before you comment. and yes, i still think ken has a nice gay ass, not that there's anything wrong with that :lol:

Vostok 7

It's in the front page of my local newspaper(SF chronicle/SFGate). That's why I'm pissed.

have you ever considered they're might be some gay MWers?

No kidding... The word "gay" should not be used as a negitive adjective, it just isn't nice.

I have trouble with this especially when it comes to describing M7. I try to stick with adjectives like "lame," or "retarted," even "flamin" is less offensive.

Yeah...coming from a guy who's into DOOR KNOBS.

Does anyone remember that excellent commercial where a Ken-clone is jilted by a girl doll who runs of with a "man of action" type doll driving a hot sports car? I forget what it was for.

It was for the Nissan 300 Z

Thanks! Found two sources for clips:

http://members.aol.com/KarlWS/zmain.html about 40% of the way down the page. 5.7 meg .AVI but reasonably fast server, so good if you have broadband.

http://www.yadamnfool.com/Z_Commercials2.htm 8.4 meg MPEG but slowish server.

The MPEG is a little higher quality. Commercial is from '96. Mattel sued Nissan in '97, but I don't see anything about how it was resolved.

Edited by ewilen

This reminds me of a barbie joke i had heard a while ago:

This guy walks into the toy store looking for a Barbie doll to buy for his daughter's birthday. So he looks around and all the Barbies seem to be priced $19.99. He goes from one to the other and they are ALL $19.99. But then he notices one that's $39.99. He looks at the label which reads 'divorced Barbie'. Shocked at the price has asks the clerk why this thing is so expensive when it looks just like any other barbie. The clerk replies, "Well sir, that beeyach comes with Ken's car, Ken's house, Ken's clothes, and half of Ken's bank account!"

dude thanks for posting that... I loved that ad.

You're welcome! Check out the sequel here:

http://visioncrew.com/commframe.htm?CommBo...ials.htm#Nissan

Not quite the class of the original because they used computer animation instead of stop-motion (at least in parts). But still quite good.

P.S. When "Joe" checked himself out in the rearview mirror...I thought of you :lol:

Edited by ewilen

my sister is still pissed at our folks for getting her an "oriental barbie" - even in junior high she knew oriental was for food and rugs, not people lol.

I once slipped up there in a conversation, and the girl I was talking to was all over my butt calling me a racist, funny thing is I am asian :p

Though it should be noted that the Oxford Dictionary does list Oriental as a out of date term for asian people.

Edited by GobotFool

This reminds me of a barbie joke i had heard a while ago:

This guy walks into the toy store looking for a Barbie doll to buy for his daughter's birthday. So he looks around and all the Barbies seem to be priced $19.99. He goes from one to the other and they are ALL $19.99. But then he notices one that's $39.99. He looks at the label which reads 'divorced Barbie'. Shocked at the price has asks the clerk why this thing is so expensive when it looks just like any other barbie. The clerk replies, "Well sir, that beeyach comes with Ken's car, Ken's house, Ken's clothes, and half of Ken's bank account!"

:lol: :lol: that's the second time this joke has shown up in this very thread :lol:

Vostok 7