What to Do with your 1/60s? Display Options

Coedes

i confess.. i thought i would start with one 1/48.. just the low-viz.. and the 1/48 addiction took over like a slow disease...

i now have 5 1/48s..

2 low vizes

1 vf-1s roy

1 vf-1s hikaru

1 vf-1j hikaru

and maybe 1 vf-1a max on the way..

how did that happen?

anyway.. i kept away my 1/60s.. but recently, got a new cabinet and decided to display my 1/60s in fighter mode at the feet of each 1/48 battroid.

looks good and saves me from "regretting" my 1/60 purchases.

try it at home.. i now have my 1/48 vf-1s and 1j standing over their 1/60 counterparts... saves me having to buy 2 or 3 1/48s to show off the different modes.

did the same for my MPOP prime.. with the g1 prime in truck mode with trailer at the feet of mpop prime. pretty sweet.

but now must resist buying the 1/48 M and Ms to match my 1/60 M n Ms.. arrghh...

any other things u 1/48ers do with ur 1/60s?

and the 1/48 addiction took over like a slow disease...

I know what you mean. Insideous addiction, isn't it? My 1/48 collection quickly grew from a single Low Vis to three Valks.

I too started my VF-1 collection with the 1/60 series and, though they pale in comprisson with the 1/48s, I can't bring myself to part with them; besides, I figure I can always display them alongside the upcoming 1/55 Alphas/Legiosses (1/55-1/60...close enough for government work). I also have the 1/60 GP-01Fb and GP02 toys, as well as a few Orguss Mecha in 1/60 scale, so my small VF-1s will never seem redundant.

1/60 hikaru become a floppy mess and I lost some parts. I just lost a lot of fun with it once the hips got loose and had cracks....and the npoaitn started scratching off. MAn. the 148 hikaru 1S i got is so phenomenal that I pretty much will never buy a 1/60 VF-1 again unless its a good price or i get desperate...the 1/48 is that much better. I display my 1/660 every now and then but I surely get way more play form my 1/48. yes i said play. Play with it peolpe its not fragile as u all think. Hell the 1/60 is more frragile.

any other things u 1/48ers do with ur 1/60s?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. The other night, it was raining and when the rain came through my dirty windows it put dirty black water all over my 1/60's and I quickly proceeded to not care. When I think about it, it's ridiculous since I paid out the ass for them when they were first released, but I really really can't get myself to care about them.... :unsure:

Wow.

Is this how people become when they behold their first 1/48?

hmmm...

I think I should rethink purchasing a 1/48.... ;)

Right now my 1/60's are my babies. I change their poses every two weeks or so and I dust them every other day. To think that it's likely that I will forsaken them once a 1/48 enters my world... Perhaps I should give it a second thought. :(

Damn Yous 1/48!!!!!

Edited by Nani?!

Wow.

Is this how people become when they behold their first 1/48?

hmmm...

I think I should rethink purchasing a 1/48.... ;)

Right now my 1/60's are my babies. I change their poses every two weeks or so and I dust them every other day. To think that it's likely that I will forsaken them once a 1/48 enters my world... Perhaps I should give it a second thought. :(

Damn Yous 1/48!!!!!

Nah. I've got the Hik, Roy, and 1J 1/48 and I'm happy with leaving it at that. I still like my 'needlenose' 1/60 fighters better.

I never really liked the 1/60s. I bought the Super and the Strike and thought I wouldn't get any more. But they came out with the D and the Super O and Elint. I thought I should get them because they're more difficult to get in any other form. Along with the YF-21, those have to be the worst valks ever. I'd rather get Bandais. To me they're just a tad above the MPCs.

Of course I'm just talking about the valks, I can't wait for the 1/60 Q-Rau to be released. One more month! right?

Along with the YF-21, those have to be the worst valks ever. I'd rather get Bandais. To me they're just a tad above the MPCs.

Wow. Words are bit strong, no?

Your opinion of course.

I've had the chance to handle a 1/48 several times over my friend's place and yes it's superior in EVERY way to the 1/60's.... except for the price. IMHO I dont think it's worth twice the price of a 1/60... :mellow:

That's what's hindering me from getting one... :(

With the budget I had, I think I would still rather purchase the WHOLE 1/60 line over just a few choice 1/48's....

But yeah, not to stray off topic, anyone have any pics of cool unique poses for the 1/60's? I'm running out of ideas.... :huh:

I'd take a 1/60 anyday as long as it isn't the Super O or Elint (horribly deficient in the construction/design planning). The proportions in Battroid are simply more pleasing to my eyes. Saner pricing, better choice, more possibilities with the scale. No phatty 1/48 will ever grace my shelves. :-P

My 1/60 VF-1 toys currently occupy one whole shelf of my display cabinet. However, as my 1/48 collection has now grown to 15pcs (incl 5 unopened), most of my 1/60 toys will soon be retired and placed into storage once the 1/48 M&Ms come out.

The only 1/60 toys I am going to keep on display, will be the VE-1 and VT-1, which IMO look great in fighter mode, the VF-1D in battroid and also the 1/60 GBP when it comes out. Everything else is going away.

Graham

These two beauties represent the entirety of my displayed collection.

The 1/60 is in the cupboard and the Bandai is downstairs in the TV room.

I love these two because of their 'classic' value. Anyone who has even the dimmest memories of the Macross/Robotech series can recognise the VF1-S Roy and the 1J Hikaru. I imagine them out on some deep space recon mission together.I don't feel the need for more right now. 2's company, 3's a crowd. Besides, I've run out of room. :p

I truly love these things. They mine and are precious to me.

If you don't have at least one of your own, you are living in the shadow.

Move into the light! It's glorious!

post-4-1076669645_thumb.jpg

My display case is starting to look like an all Yammie product line, Takatokus, Bandais, Gakkens and others will be subjected to the inevitable storage box.

I know what you mean, my wife thinks all valks are called yamatos.

also, someone here was worried about 1:48 replacing 1:60 in that special place in his heart.... I have 5 1:48s, but my most recent purchase was a 1:60 (VE-1) I can honestly say that owning 1:48s has not in any way diminished my love of the 1:60s. each has its own exclusive good qualities.

anyways.... back on topic, any doubles of valks I own are displayed in alternate modes whether they are together or separately displayed... I try to make sure that there's at least one example of each mode (1:60 fighter, super/strike fighter, gelwalk, battaloid, 1:48 fighter, super/strike fighter, gelwalk, battaloid) on display at a time.

However, as my 1/48 collection has now grown to 15pcs (incl 5 unopened), most of my 1/60 toys will soon be retired and placed into storage once the 1/48 M&Ms come out.

Holy crap! I thought my 12 was a lot. :blink: Well, i sold most of my 1/60s except for MISB TRU CF and vf-1a max, and the opened DRYL valks. I have 3 1/48s opened and the rest are MISB. Getting more 1/48s to do some customization though. Of course with 7 more valks I have preordered when the M&Ms come out.

I know the feeling. I thought I would get the low vis and the M&Ms but crap... ever since I got back into macross in Sept 2003, my acquistion of 1/48 sky rocketed. Could you believe I had no 1/48 prior to Sept 2003? Now I got 12 in a period of 6 months... I dont want to think about the money I spent... :(

someone here was worried about 1:48 replacing 1:60 in that special place in his heart.... I have 5 1:48s, but my most recent purchase was a 1:60 (VE-1) I can honestly say that owning 1:48s has not in any way diminished my love of the 1:60s. each has its own exclusive good qualities.

Ah, thank you DrClay.... I was hoping someone would show the 1/60 line some love...

I have 5 1/48s also, and about 18 - 20 1/60s. I still love my 1/60s, and I don't think that will ever change. 1/48 is great, but for me I'm happy with all the valks I have...Including the not-so-loved YF-21FP. :D

Ok... here's what you do:

Buy a couple of 1/60 Monster's

Buy a whole mess of enemy 1/60's when they come out like the Q-Rau

Make a diorama of a football field....

Use the Monster's for offensive linesman... make Roy the QB w/missile in hand .... Super Hikaru the running back... Max and Millia are wide receivers.... Millia's q-rau counterparts as cornerbacks..... etc.

:blink:

right now tier 1 has the chunk monk vf-1s super in fighter mode facing a mimoru die cast space battleship yamato.

tier 2 has a starscream in fighter mode and a godphoenix facing, left and right, the centerpiece - a 1/60 vf-1d yamato in gerwalk mode.

that completes my middle shelf. the bottom shelf has all my cars (diecast mach 5, etc) and the top shelf has all the robots (golion, optimus g1 reissue in robot mode, gundam wing arch enemy, a dougram, a soltic, a soc oav mazinger z - waiting for the centerpiece up there to be the chunk monk minmay guard in battroid mode)

so yes, for posing and display the yamato shows the best. but i never dare to take it off the shelf, poor thing. the chunky monkeys get alot more lovin.