The 1/60 Monster

Godzilla

I was looking at other forums on other sites about the Monster, VF-19, etc. The rumormill about the timeframe some the these are suppose to release somewhere from 2003 to late 2004.. Mind you that some the dates were already passed but I dont remember seeing recently about the Monster release date. It was suppose to be Fall 2003 but so was the Macross Zero VF-0. Has Yamato decided not make the Monster? Or they still working on it?

The topic also said that the VF-4 Was being considered but in light what Graham said it is very unlikely just as the 2 seaters VF-1 are unlikely as well.

Side note: I know the Monster will be huge but what will be the packaging? Even more huge? I would hate to see the shipping cost for that bad boy. Here is the link that I am sure a lot of people have seen. Yamato Special Toy section

Yamato is as tight-lipped about the Monster as they are about the -19.

Woudln't surprise me if this thing was dead. Wasn't it back to the drawing board or something like that. I mean the thing is just big... Yamato could be able to make it hollow and save money (and thus MSRP) but I don't see that happening, either...

2!?!?!?

man I'd use those as gargoyles on my lawn,... nope just 1 will be enough

LOL

I've decided to stop paying my mortgage... I'm gonna get a bakers dozen... and... oh crap I won't have a place to keep them. Ok NM, I'm gonna get 1

I've been patiently waiting.. drooling... ok more like foaming at the mouth at the thought of getting this massive piece of arwork.

Noel, no offense, but what's with the crzy prices on Ebay lately? $1000 for a MIB Gakken 1/35 Legioss? There was another one just like iit a month ago that finished at $250-300. $150 for the diecast Gakken Mospeada? No one is going to pay that much.

Hopefully you're right on the monster though...

What's wrong with making the Monster 1/100? 1/60 is going to be pretty huge.

On this board, it wouldn't surprise me if some folks won't accept anything less than a 1/48 scale Monster. For me, even 1/60 is way too big. I'm happy with my paper Monster model that's about HO scale. That is still almost a foot tall and a foot and a half long.

Edited by Mule

On this board, it wouldn't surprise me if some folks won't accept anything less than a 1/48 scale Monster. For me, even 1/60 is way too big. I'm happy with my paper Monster model that's about HO scale. That is still almost a foot tall and a foot and a half long.

Paper Model of the Monster??? :blink: was this a purchased kit, or did you print it on your printer at home? If you have the files to print it... PLEASE SHARE

please please please please please :mellow:

Paper Model of the Monster??? :blink: was this a purchased kit, or did you print it on your printer at home? If you have the files to print it... PLEASE SHARE

please please please please please :mellow:

Yes I would like this too.

I posted pics of my finished paper Monster in the model forum a while ago. Here's a link to the thread. A few posts down I included the link to the original files. Mine was printed on a black and white printer, but the originals are in color.

Don't be fooled into thinking its an easy build just because its made of paper. It took a lot longer than I expected.

Edited by Mule

1/48 monster?!?!?! :blink: I dont think I can fit that SOB on my shelves. I use to want it but after realizing how big that thing is, 1/60 is just fine. I am trying to figure how the heck am I going to build a 1/48 SDF-1 TV version. I am not sure my garage can hold it.

I posted pics of my finished paper Monster in the model forum a while ago.  Here's a link to the thread.  A few posts down I included the link to the original files.  Mine was printed on a black and white printer, but the originals are in color.

Don't be fooled into thinking its an easy build just because its made of paper.  It took a lot longer than I expected.

OMFG! thanks for the link

the lego men in the pic are priceless

I work in a printing room... I'm gonna scale the bastage... make it BIGGER

Me Southcross! Me want it BIGGER!! :beat chest:

ACK!!!! 6.44MB?? big freekin Zip file for a paper model

OMG I can make this thing so freekin big! :drool: so freekin big I will make you drool too ;)

Edited by Southcross

so freekin big I will make you drool too ;)

Well, hurry up and get to it, so you can show the rest of us!

:)

OK, I changed the dpi of the images to resize them as "11x15" images (they became a tad bit grany blown up but the printer will take care of that), converted them to PDF for printing... its freekin 21MB!

Printed the parts off on a Xerox Docutech6135 production machine, onto 11x17 65# Cougar Opaque Cover stock (in laymens terms its the same as they typical 90# card stock, but higher grade and on a different "weight" scale).

Printed it Weighs 1.20lbs!

looking at this thing on paper just makes me drool :wipe off chin:

I can't wait to get home and start puting it together ;)

i would be happy with a monster 1/200

Come now.... are you a MAN.. or a Girlie Wo-Man... j/k :p

Men want Big, Expensive toys!! :D

yeah but this man is afriad of wifey and felt adventours when i got my two bandais and three 1/60 vf-1s. i still want an mpc prime, 1/48 roy, yf-21, and the vf-0. and what i now have was pushing my luck.

and here is a size comparison for you guy to consider vf-1s vs monster

the monster probably weigh 80-90 lbs the monster is double battaroid height and three times the length

post-4-1076694900_thumb.jpg

Edited by buddhafabio

and here is a size comparison for you guy to consider vf-1s vs monster

the monster probably weigh 80-90 lbs the monster is double battaroid height and three times the length

Uhm.. I don't think thats 100% acurate (more like 88% accurate B)) )... the Monster is 22.5M tall... the VF-1 in Battloid mode is 12.7m tall (i'm rounding both to the nearest 10th meter)

making the Monster 1.77 times taller... ;)

Still freekin huge, probably going to be the biggest toy I will have owned sinse I was about 10yo.

Length...

14.2m Fighter

41.1m w/barrel

thats 2.89 times longer

now if we consider comparing a 1/55 bandai to a 1/60 Yamato Monster.... The scale will be even smaller (about 5% smaller size difference)

Oh... BTW did I ever mention that I was an Engineering Major? hehehe :p

i was guestimating based on the image

Please excuse my "freekage"

well just to give you an idear of the image vs "reality" well as real as you could get with Macross...

The main gun is a 16" gun just like a WWII US battleships

The Muzzle (end of the barrel) is approx 24" (up to 32"?)

The Depth (Chest Thickness, front to back thrusters) of a Battloid is 4m (approx 12 feet).

visually the Valk appears to have the same or similar "thickness" to the barrel (when the Valk should be three times the "thickness")

Now please don't get me wrong... the is by FAR the kewlest CG image I have seen, being a "Monster Freek", its just not... err... accurate

I have a piece of "offical" line art showing the true "scale", problem is the image is authorized for my own personal use (and being honorable to my word, I can't share the image without permision. I know the person reads these boards, though I have not seen him (her?) post, I can't betray that trust) :( I so wish I could put it on my website. I'll see if I can find a "source" on the internet with the image.

FYI I'm pulling the dimensions of the Macross Compendium

Valk stats

Mark II

Did I mention I am a "Monster Freek" ;)

I have been studying (drooling over) the Monster for a long long time

I just about fell out of my seat when I hear that Yamato will be releasing a 1/60

Egads.. I'm a bit unprepared for doing this... located my exactos.. can't find my straight edge... I have no cutting surface... I found my only bottle of glue is a solid brick now... I'm going to take some pictures of my progress and make a new thread in the "Models" section. Until I can get to a craft store... this might take a while