New Gundam Products

Well it appears that the some new upcoming figures will be as follows:

GUNDAM FIX #20

--RX-78-6 MUDROCK Gundam (MS Gundam: Zeonic Front)

converts to

--RX-78-5 Gundam Unit 5 "G05" (MS Gundam Side Story: Space, To the End of A Flash)

FIX_rx786.jpg

ZEONOGRAPHY #3003

--MS-05B Zaku I (Ranba Ral's Custom)

converts to

--MS-06F/J Zaku II (Ranba Ral's Custom)

Zeon_MS05.jpg

MOBILE SUITS IN ACTION

--FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type

MSIA_fa78.jpg

--MS-09 Dom (2nd version?)

NewMSIA_2.jpg

--GAT-X105 Strike Gundam w/ Aile Strike mission pack

MSIA_strike.jpg

--MBF-P02 Gundam Astray "Red Frame"

--MBF-P02 Gundam Astray "Blue Frame"

MSIA_astray.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

whats murdock look like?.

Imagine the RX-78-3 NT-1 had an illegitimate lovechild with the RGC-83 GM Cannon II... [homer simpson] with sexy results [/homer simpson]

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/zeonicfront/rx-78-6.htm

Vostok 7

That Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket figure is pretty hot.

Yawn...nothing there to interest me, except the Astrays which I've always thought were a pretty cool design.

Mostly, I'm just so sick and tired of Gundam these days.

About the only Gundam toys I would buy if Bandai made them are a FIX V2 Assault/Buster, the FIX grey Z-Plus C1 or a FIX Zeku-Eins (or any other Sentinel design).

Graham

they make plans fora 12 inch mega size seed gundam but no 12 inch trasnformable zeta gundam. what the frakk. I think that the box set MSIA zetas will come out and maybe some 7.5 inch. At the very least they can at least make us a trasnformable arch enemy zeta and hayaku shiki. that would own.

BTW guys that strike gundam shown...is that a reissue of the admsia?

Yawn...nothing there to interest me, except the Astrays which I've always thought were a pretty cool design.

Mostly, I'm just so sick and tired of Gundam these days.

About the only Gundam toys I would buy if Bandai made them are a FIX V2 Assault/Buster, the FIX grey Z-Plus C1 or a FIX Zeku-Eins (or any other Sentinel design).

Graham

Yeah, the FIX line should focus more on Sentinel stuff. Just got both 0017's! Simply gorgeous! Still, an Assault/Buster Gundam would be awesome! I've always wanted to combine the two 1/100 kits, but a FIX toy would be so much better!

Can't wait for those Astrays either. Best thing out of Seed, IMO.

whats the quality on the FIX sentinel stuff compared to the MSIA figures?

The FIX stuff has more detail, accessories, and more paint applications than the MSIA figures. That applies to any of the FIX figures.

I really like the Sentinel figures from the FIX line because the designs are just awesome! With regards to the Deep Striker and the FIX version of the Zetaplus, you can get these instead of investing in expensive resin kits that you still have to completely assemble and paint. As far as I know, there aren't any plastic Deep Striker kits, and the 1/100 MG Zetaplus doesn't come with all the accessories that the FIX version comes with.

While the FIX line is great in that they are basically pre-painted kits that require some to alot of assembly, and they are pumping out figures that were previously only available as resin kits or drawings, they do have their flaws, as many here who collect them, can attest to.

First, the parts aren't always molded well. Some parts can have extra plastic (flash) that was not removed. Or the parts are missing plastic, too, like they were cut wrong with an Exacto knife.

Secondly, the paint apps (and this is probably the worst flaw) aren't as good as they could be. Some areas are oversprayed or overpainted. Still, you have to consider that these things are mass-produced, and as much as we would like, I'm sure the workers painting and assembling them just can't put as much time into them to get them just right. From a distance, they look really great. From a few inches away, you can see flaws. This is a problem with alot, if not most, mass-produced toys though. Heck, there's threads dedicated to all the QC problems with the 1/48 Valkyries, and we all know how much those babies cost.

Third, it seems that the FIX figures are made of a plastic that is softer than the MSIA figures. Some parts might be bent or somewhat warped.

I'm not knocking the FIX line, but it does have its flaws. With the larger ones, I can't justify paying full retail for them knowing that there's something I'm not going to be happy with. There are so many parts and areas that are painted on these, alot of little mistakes are made here and there. I wait til I can get a deal on them on eBay or when the e-tailers sell them at a reasonable price. The same goes for other figures and statues that I buy. They sure look really nice in ads, the box, or in pics where the prototypes are being shown, but you have to consider that those protos have been meticulously molded, assembled, and painted to sell the product to retailers.

So would this picture be of the RX-78-6 MUDROCK and RX-78-5 Gundam Unit 5 or are they something else?

Those are actually the Master Grade kits of the RX-78-4 and RX-78-5 (the -5 is the red one on the left). The Mudrock has not been produced as a Master Grade kit - yet. At some point I hope they do, because next to the GP04G, the Mudrock is my favorite Gundam design...