Posted (edited)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-05-25/ghost-in-the-shell-gets-new-tv-anime-series-in-2026-by-science-saru/.211152

Bandai Namco Filmworks announced on Saturday that The Ghost in the Shell franchise is getting a new television anime series in 2026. Science SARU will produce the anime, which is tentatively titled Kōkaku Kidōtai (The Ghost in the Shell). Bandai Namco Filmworks, Kodansha, Science SARU, and Production I.G are on the production committee for the series.

IMG_1583.webp

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, JB0 said:

I find it interesting that the promotional art is all original manga art. Their "cover art" is even actual cover are... with a real friggin' fuchikoma finally!

It's what got me excited actually. Hopefully it's REALLY based on the manga art style this time. And yes, Fuchikoma! ;) 

15 hours ago, JB0 said:

I find it interesting that the promotional art is all original manga art. Their "cover art" is even actual cover are... with a real friggin' fuchikoma finally!

I’d be very curious if it was more like the manga. Not only that, but I’d love a plastic model of the og Fuchikima

6 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I would love for this new show to use the manga designs.

Is it too early to hope Applessed gets the same treatment? :D

Same here, and not too be an ugly cgi mess