Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary Special Edition DVD

The Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will be available September 30th.

This was announced at the Anime News Service website. Are u gonna purchase it when

it comes out? :)

Edited by Angel's Fury

Yes. I've always wanted the original copy but never got around to picking it up. Do you know what's supposed to be featured on the 10th Anniversary DVD?

On a little side note.

You see that Big West! Don't you realize the importance of celebrating Anniversaries? I hope you're thinking about releasing a 20th Anniversary DVD / Theatrical Release of DYRL. :ph34r:

This is what it says at the anime news service website:

8-28-03---- Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary DVD Release

NINJA SCROLL 10TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION DVD AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2003

"Striking Visuals, Intriguing Characters, and Artful Direction...The Film Delivers The Goods" - TV GUIDE.COM

August 28, 2003- Manga Entertainment is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the legendary Japanese animated film, NINJA SCROLL with a Special Edition DVD featuring a new double-sided/dual layered DVD that offers a pristine presentation of the original 4x3 film plus a newly created 16x9 wide screen edition for home theatre enthusiasts. NINJA SCROLL has been completely digitally re-mastered and reformatted, utilizing the latest in surround sound audio technology available today.

DVD Features Are: DUAL SIDED - DUAL LAYERED DVD 18 CONTAINS SIDE A: DIGITALLY REMASTERED ORIGINAL 4X3 FULL SCREEN SIDE B: DIGITALLY REMASTERED ENHANCED 16X9 WIDESCREEN

ADDITIONAL FEATURES (BOTH SIDES)

* CUSTOM MOTION / INTERACTIVE MENUS

* ENGLISH AND JAPANESE LANGUAGE 6.1 DTS-ES & 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL EX SURROUND SOUND * FRENCH & SPANISH LANGUAGE DOLBY DIGITAL 2.0 STEREO * CHARACTER SYNOPSIS / PHOTO GALLERY * DIRECTOR INTERVIEW

* HISTORY OF JUBEI * ENGLISH CAST KEY CHARACTER INTERVIEW

* ENGLISH SUBTITLES, AND MANGA EXTRAS

Synopsis: Feudal Japan - a time of danger, intrigue and deception. After an entire village is decimated by a mysterious plague, a master swordsman named Jubei undertakes a desperate quest to find The Shogun of the Dark, an evil autocrat who plans to overthrow the Japanese government. But in order to capture him, Jubei must face The 8 Devils of Kimon, the Shogun's fearsome force of demonic henchmen, each possessing awesome superhuman powers. Joined on his journey by the beautiful and deadly female ninja Kagero, they must together defeat the dominion that rule in terror and restore order to the land.

"Draws You Into Its Universe ...Manages to Dig Far Deeper Than Most of the High-Concept Fare That Streams Out of Hollywood" - WIRED MAGAZINE

Amazing, beautiful and mysterious, NINJA SCROLL blends the mysticism of 17th century Japan into an intensely packed tale of pulse pounding anime action, fantasy, and adventure. Directed by revered Japanese anime veteran Yoshiaki Kawajiri (Animatrix "Program", Vampire Hunter D) and masterfully rendered by Japan's acclaimed Mad House animation studio (Perfect Blue, X, Spawn), NINJA SCROLL features a wicked cast of characters and extraordinary fight scenes combined with lightning samurai action!

DIRECTOR: YOSHIAKI KAWAJIRI * ORIGINAL STORY & SCREENPLAY: YOSHIAKI KAWAJIRI * CHARACTER DESIGN / ANIMATION DIRECTOR:

YUTAKA MINOWA * ART DIRECTOR: HIROMASA OGURA * DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY: HITOSHI YAMAGUCHI

SOUND DIRECTOR: YASUNORI HONDA * EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: MAKOTO HASEGAWA, MASAMICHI FUJIWARA, YUTAKA TAKAHASHI

Widescreen presentation of this film has been modified to fit wide screen televisions

Total run time 94 minutes. Unrated. For mature audiences. Suggested 17+. Contains graphic violence, language, brief nudity and adult situations. Parental discretion advised.

© 1994 Yoshiaki Kawajiri - Mad House/JVC - Toho Co., Ltd. - Movic Inc. Production Companies: JVC/Toho Co., Ltd./Movic Inc.

Hope this information is helpful Kababayan ko UN Spacy. Isn't it Omni Existence (forgive me if I mispelled his name) our kababayan too? If that's the case, then that's 3 flip members @ this forum.

Oh well, MABUHAY! :lol::lol::lol:

Hope this information is helpful Kababayan ko UN Spacy. Isn't it Omni Existence (forgive me if I mispelled his name) our kababayan too? If that's the case, then that's 3 flip members @ this forum.

Oh well, MABUHAY! :lol::lol::lol:

Nice! I wasn't expecting a widescreen transfer.......I guess that good enough for me.

Salamat pare! I know there are more than three kababayans in the MW forums. Ah...we're so jologs. :D

post-26-1062089472_thumb.jpg

Hope this information is helpful Kababayan ko UN Spacy. Isn't  it Omni Existence (forgive me if I mispelled his name) our kababayan too? If that's the case, then that's 3 flip members @ this forum.

Oh well, MABUHAY!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey there Fury!

Yep you got that right! I"m one of the PI folks here! :D:D:D

MABUHAY!

But wait! There's more of us here!

There's Batpinoy, Jaybats, Bub, Otaru Ikari, JPSkull1, Ranma, Amuro Ray, Valkyreus, and a few others. Most of us are still based here in PI, and usually get together every Toycon.

Edited by Omni Existence

Hey, maybe we can form a special group? :) Just a suggestion :lol:

Can u maybe setup a MW Con here and hook up with WM Cheng?

But first, I'll introduce myself. I'm Steve from Vancouver, Canada

Hey, maybe we can form a special group? :) Just a suggestion :lol:

Can u maybe setup a MW Con here and hook up with WM Cheng?

But first, I'll introduce myself. I'm Steve from Vancouver, Canada

awww....too bad most of us are still based here in PI. But it's good to know there are Flip brothers out there still into Macross after all this time! :)

Hope this information is helpful Kababayan ko UN Spacy. Isn't  it Omni Existence (forgive me if I mispelled his name) our kababayan too? If that's the case, then that's 3 flip members @ this forum.

Oh well, MABUHAY!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey there Fury!

Yep you got that right! I"m one of the PI folks here! :D:D:D

MABUHAY!

But wait! There's more of us here!

There's Batpinoy, Jaybats, Bub, Otaru Ikari, JPSkull1, Ranma, Amuro Ray, Valkyreus, and a few others. Most of us are still based here in PI, and usually get together every Toycon.

:angry: Ano to? Wala ang mas favorito na Macossworlder dito???

Walang hiya kayong mga pangit!!! :angry:

:p

:lol:

Nah, I'll pass...I loved Ninja Scroll back in the 90s when there weren't really any good animes to buy...But now I think the DVD I have will suffice. It just doesn't compare to any of the ones I want or have now...no matter what new stuff they put on there to commemorate 10 years....just doesn't have that "gonna be a classic" feel to it anymore like say Cowboy Bebop or Evangelion (I know Apples, Oranges....)

• 2 years later...

I want to buy Ninja Scroll on DVD (I have it on VHS somwhere).

But the regular version is $15.99 and the 10 year anniversary is like $35.99.

Is there any major differences between either?

I dont really care for Extras, as long as the movie is in widescreen and picture quality is great, thats what I want.

Which should I go for?

I'd go for the 10th anniversary edition, as it seems to be designed with the higher end audio/video enthusiast in mind, featuring sub and dub in 6.1, DTS, and 16x9 widescreen. I only paid about $15 for mine, although it was online; locally it's probably about $35 which is outrageous...

deepdiscountdvd.com

Ah, definitely gonna need to shop around for that 10th anniversary. I also only have a VHS copy (and I haven't even plugged my VCR into the SXRD, though it is sitting there in the HT center).

I'd go for the 10th anniversary edition, as it seems to be designed with the higher end audio/video enthusiast in mind, featuring sub and dub in 6.1, DTS, and 16x9 widescreen.  I only paid about $15 for mine, although it was online; locally it's probably about $35 which is outrageous...

deepdiscountdvd.com

402787[/snapback]

cool, thanks for that link.

Do you know how long does that free shipping usually take for movies to arrive?

I cant find anywhere in their site, their shipping transit times.

I don't really get it how can it be so expensive locally there. It's released here too, and It's just the normal dvd price, might be discounted even.

Edit: No the "normal" price really equals about $35. Unbelievable. But it's sold for a normal dvd price.

Edited by Sdf-1