13 minutes ago, Thom said:

I'm sure they'll like it too. Definitely Sat morning cartoon fare.

I don’t know if it’s good enough for Saturday mornings. Looks more like PBS kids. Like maybe the Arthur crowd more than the action cartoons crowd

1 hour ago, CoryHolmes said:

Damn, I'm always on the opposite side of sentiment on this site, because this trailer looks awesome to me!

I guess I'll just have to enjoy watching it on behalf of everyone here! :p

If you kindly let us know what you liked about the trailer, we can ruin it for you so you can become a bitter a.. hole like the rest of us. You’ll benefit from saving money on ticket prices for movies, but you’ll start grumbling at the freebies 

4 hours ago, Big s said:

If you kindly let us know what you liked about the trailer, we can ruin it for you so you can become a bitter a.. hole like the rest of us. You’ll benefit from saving money on ticket prices for movies, but you’ll start grumbling at the freebies 

Please, I'm a Robotech fan.  Bitter a**hole comes with the territory in that fandom! :lol:

I just really like the banter between not-Megs and not-Prime.  It's going to be fascinating to watch as these two friends grow apart into the bitter enemies we know today.  I also like the (so far) lack of humans to get in the way.

My immediate reaction was WTF Is this generic trailer and song?  BB is basically Toad from Mario bros movie and something about Megatron I don’t like.  Maybe it’s his face, lips, attitude but his voice doesn’t match in my head even for a younger version.  I realize this is not G1 continuity.  It’s bumblebee movie continuity which we know there is no real continuity in these movies.  They want that Mario bros money, fair enough, but I don’t think this will get it there.  We’ll see.

Anyway my 5 yr old daughter was laughing with it. She is probably still too young for the intended audience, but she’s seen some G1, prime, BW, and watches rescue bots so she knows who’s who.  She wanted to watch the trailer multiple times.

My wife is not a big TF fan, but she knows I am and thought the trailer was great in that you can finally see a more relatable side to Optimus.  As she put it, Optimus is always out of reach. He is an authority figure that you looked up to, but you never really knew him.. he’s the boss you don’t know how far you can tell dirty jokes before he fires you.  Which I’d argue is a good thing.  Anyway I don’t want to get deep into how he’s millions of (now) men’s robot dad. 

I already accepted that everything I loved growing up will be destroyed or $ht on.  I feel like Danny Glover “I’m too old for this $ht” I don’t like, but I don’t want to spend time and energy hating it. I wont spend money or time on it.  That’s my general attitude towards current media.

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

My wife is not a big TF fan, but she knows I am and thought the trailer was great in that you can finally see a more relatable side to Optimus.  As she put it, Optimus is always out of reach. He is an authority figure that you looked up to, but you never really knew him.. he’s the boss you don’t know how far you can tell dirty jokes before he fires you.  Which I’d argue is a good thing.

You know, there's an interesting story to be told there. Optimus is a military leader on a planet so thoroughly wracked by war that everyone who hasn't left is a soldier. And he's a major religious figure on top of it. He is PROFOUNDLY isolated.

And were I writing this story, I'd lean into the Transformers' inevitabl  association with humans. They offer something Optimus hasn't had much of in a long time, someone he can speak with as an equal.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

We are now basically our grandparents, shaking our heads at the changing world and the youth growing up in it.:p

And yelling at the gosh-darn whippersnappers on our lawn!