New Book : F-14 Tomcat

And what does this interview contain? How he came up with the concept of the VF-1 from the F-14? His thoughts on the F-14? His opinions about the F-14?

Sorry but most of us here already know about Kawamori and his inspiration from the F-14, so unless you or this interview have something to enlighten us with, I think most of us know what we need to know. Also not posting a preview of what this interview contains doesn't help us.

Also, does this interview contain anything about Macross? If not, you've got the wrong section.

And what does this interview contain? How he came up with the concept of the VF-1 from the F-14? His thoughts on the F-14? His opinions about the F-14?

Sorry but most of us here already know about Kawamori and his inspiration from the F-14, so unless you or this interview have something to enlighten us with, I think most of us know what we need to know. Also not posting a preview of what this interview contains doesn't help us.

Also, does this interview contain anything about Macross? If not, you've got the wrong section.

Ouch... that was a bit harsh.

Azrael, his post is relevant simply because the book contains an interview with Shoji Kawamori and the F-14 Tomcat is an essential part of Macross now more than ever.

Megaroad2012, welcome to Macross World.

Thank you for the info. That book looks cool.

You never know...

Kawamori: ...and then I got into this bet with the guys at Grumman that I could make their plane far cooler than it was already. Long-story-short, you all got Macross and they had to where dresses for a week. Yes, I kick @#$, thank you, I know :lol:

Kawamori: ...and then I got into this bet with the guys at Grumman that I could make their plane far cooler than it was already. Long-story-short, you all got Macross and they had to where dresses for a week. Yes, I kick @#$, thank you, I know :lol:

Best rendition of said story of inspiration EVER. D=

Ouch... that was a bit harsh.

Azrael, his post is relevant simply because the book contains an interview with Shoji Kawamori and the F-14 Tomcat is an essential part of Macross now more than ever.

Megaroad2012, welcome to Macross World.

Thank you for the info. That book looks cool.

Yeah, I gotta agree that was a little bit harsh. It's an interview with SK in a magazine about F-14s. If it's not relevant to Macross, what would they be interviewing SK for? Certainly not Escaflowne.

Plus, with the F-14s making appearances in the beginning of Macross 0 and how much closer the VF-0 is to an F-14 than the VF-1 ever was, I'd say the F-14 is more important to Macross than ever.

Oh yeah, Megaroad2012, welcome to Macross World.

F-111 rocks at what it wasn't designed to do. :) (Much like the F-15E)

And don't forget, the F-14 was based (sorta) on the F-111. Same idea, same requirement, just executed differently. It's like the YF-16 vs YF-17, and A-9 vs A-10, and YF-22 vs YF-23.

Basically, the F-14 is the F-111 done right. A large, heavy, high-speed long-range swing-wing interceptor with bad TF30 engines. :)

It's not coincidence Grumman's listed as an F-111 designer and pretty much used the F-111B as a testbed for the F-14's design.

Finally--the F-111 can easily outrun an F-14. It might not be able to turn worth $hit, but it can go sure go fast.

Finally--the F-111 can easily outrun an F-14. It might not be able to turn worth $hit, but it can go sure go fast.

Indeed. My uncle was an FB-111 pilot (back when they were actually called FB-111s! ) and he would always tell us how dad-gum FAST the things were. He said they could outrun just about anything, especially at low level.

Not to mention the Jolly Rogers is exclusive to the Tomcats right now... right? :unsure:

Yep VF-103 Jolly Rogers are still exclusive to the Tomcats but sadly 2004 is the last cruise the squadron will have with the F-14. All VF Squadrons by 2007 will be VFA (F/A-18F) Squadrons :(

captdanapottsjr60yearsst.jpg

Right now VF-103 is with Carrier Air Wing-17 and they are part of the CV-67 John F. Kennedy's Strike Group. My dream was to fly a tomcat and be part of VF-103, but oh well, I think F-14D and the modification "Bombcat"- cockpit upgraded to D model and new navigation and bombing suite was a better idea than just creating a lesser range fighter, we can all thank at the time Secretary of Defense Dick Chenney for f*cking Grummand over and give us this piece of crap that cant even hold the AIM-54C Phoenix Long Range missile, grrrr this wasnt for the better of the Navy, this was better for the better of Boeing, like my Economics proffesor told us, politics is dirty and its not for the better of america, its for the better of companys, again look at Chenneys oil company- they sure f*cked and the military too with millions of dollars, ahh sorry this got off topic <_< . For those VF-103 fans, here is the Link that has pictures of the CVW-17(Carrier Air Wing-17) CAG(Commander Air group) VF-103 Tomcat. All you F-14 Tomcat fans, might be interested in joining the F-14 Tomcat Association. It gets you deeply involved in the Tomcat community and lets you know things about the Squadrons destablisments and many other good things

unf14tomcat.jpg

I am happy the F-14 came out, it is very important in Macross history, sadly I wish there was a few more F-14 vd Mig-29 or even Su-27 battle scenes :D

bg-f14-02.jpg

Tomcat Motto: ANY TIME BABY!!

post-26-1076408284_thumb.jpg