Which Mandrake Location Has The Stupid High Shipping?

sqidd

I think Complex can be pricey, too, because it's their main Akihabara location and it seems like everything in that part of town is more expensive. I vaguely remember some MW folks talking about avoiding Complex because of its shipping prices. The one advantage to Sahra is that you get a shipping estimate right away (granted, not a low one) and if you order, they ship without the usual back and forth about them needing to check if the item is still available, verify its condition, etc. The place is basically a warehouse for the stuff they don't have room for in their stores but still want to sell. They probably use an automated system to estimate shipping based on size and weight, which is what HLJ also does. HLJ likely has better rates with the various services, though.

I can’t speak for Sahra because I never picked up anything from that branch, but I’m fairly positive, at least from my recent purchase experience from various branches, that shipping for the same item is usually standardized across the board. What I do to avoid high shipping & surprises is I specifically ask for what Mandarake box No.(1-12) to be used for shipping at the time of checkout. Yes you will learn their boxes once those toys have been flowing in 🤣. They overcharged me once for shipping an item that could have been placed in a smaller box at a cheaper rate.

Sahra can be more expensive but they are top-notch in service & packing, knock on wood I've had zero issues with them. I've ordered a lot of books and they are all in perfect condition when they arrive. B))