Larger Scale VF-0

Valk-1S

What scale would you like to see Yamato release for the VF-0.  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What scale would you like to see Yamato release for the VF-0.

• 1. 1/72
    • 2. 1/60
    • 3. 1/55
    • 4. 1/48
    • 5. Don't care, as long detailed and perfect transformation

The current size of 1/100 is fine with me since I'm not a huge fan of the

VF-0 in general. But if it were going to bigger 1/72 is good. That's a good standard scale.

You 1/48 fanboys would be the first to complain once the price of a 1/48 VF-0 became available anyway.

1/48 all the way. Let shelves everywhere tremble in fear!

Yamato seems to be selling the 1/48´s better than the 1/60s - based on them reissuing the VF1S Roy and the VF1A Hikaru. Also remeber When the 1/48s where announced they said they would make 3 or 4 versions of the toy and now they are up to 8 versions of the 1/48.

So it seems a better move to make them in the large scale.

Steve

Edited by hirohawa

they are up to 8 versions of the 1/48.

Not to mention that two of those were reissued and still sold.

Well, they do already have the mold for a 1/48 M0 style pilot. :rolleyes:

Edited by Draykov

I voted for 1/60... I would really love to see it in 1/48, but I just think for most people it would take up too much space, and the price would no doubt be pretty high. 1/60 is a good solid size that allows for sufficient detail. And with the size of the VF-0, a 1/60 with perfect transformation may be possible.

I would rather have one 1/48 VF-0 than ten 1/100 VF-0's

But thats just me.

AS totally upractical a 1/48 would be, i think it would be a different story if you got that thing in your hand.

Unfortuntely i think well be seeing 1/100 and 1/72 VF-0s

Edited by FlyingPika

Prefer 1/60 for size, cost, and compatibility with the other 1/60's, so that's what I voted for.

1/72 would be okay for size, cost, compatibility with M+ Valks (even though I don't have any yet) and compatibility with toys/models of real-world aircraft. (Not to mention 1/72 ground crew figures, etc.)

I wouldn't buy a 1/48. Too big, and likely to be too costly.

You missed several of the flamewars^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H discussions about the relationship between the VF-0 and VF-1. Basically, the VF-0 is a completely different airframe designed to test technology, which has been pressed into service since the VF-1's nuclear engines aren't ready.

(The arguments are whether the VF-0 is supposed to test stuff for the VF-1 or for later, more advanced variable fighters. You can find them using the Search function...)

1/60 because it's the only scale with as complete a set of the VF-1 as u're gonna get (don't hold your breath for 1D or Super O for 1/48). There are no more VF-1's to make except extremely niche (Max 1S, Kakizaki, etc). 1/48 is ridiculous. A 1/48 VF-0 would be 200 bucks minimum, but I'd be extremely surprised to see it happen at all.

I don't remember a "Sith Proclamation" that Yamato was done with 1/60 after the Q-rau, but if so, it simplymeans no enemy mecha. <_<

I'll hold out for 1/72 and 1/100 (the latter gets better the more I think of it). I hope they do everything in one (or both) of those scales from VF-1 to Q-rau to Monster to Regult and Glaug.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what's wrong with polls? Not like anyone forcing anyone to make a decision... I mean some of them are silly but how is that bad? Where's that quote about MW whining as a hobby? ;)

Edited by Uxi

1/60 because it's the only scale with as complete a set of the VF-1 as u're gonna get (don't hold your breath for 1D or Super O for 1/48).

Heh, why not? :)

All that's missing from the 1/48 line is the CF but it was replaced with an equally cool Low Viz and surpassed soon after by the Hikaru 1S. So far, the the two lines have mirrored each other almost exactly, especially with the release of the three super J's. I suppose the next few months following Max and Millia will be make or break for the 1/48 line. If they decide to continue, I'd guess it would be a 1D, or dare I say it, a Full Armor set. If those are released, there's a good chance we'll also see a VT and VE. I won't say it's definite as they got rid of the guy that did the original sculpting for the 1/48 and the VE and VT will require some significant modifications. However, if Yamato goes all the way with VF-1 line for 1/48, then there's still hope they have a 1/48 VF-0 waiting in the wings as well.

i remember graham saying there was a handful of releases for the 1;60 line and after that it was basically dead. I am guessing at the time there were 3 known"Vf-1 something, monster and qrau" and the rest were the GPS1 and armor add on pack stand alone set.

YOu guys gotta realize the benefits of a 1/48 VF-0. it would be a lot EASIER to make perfect trasnformation in a 1/48 since its got more space for yamato to work with...1/72 only com,plicates this matter as yamato tries to figure out hwo the hell to make the trasnformation in a smaller toy. small no not SMALL i said smaller scale. and the poll resultws speak for themselves more people wnat this damn thing in 1./48. Imode hve the japanese BBS done a similar poll?Any of them bitching for a big ass 0 like i am? Also in this case bigger IS better.

I don't really care about relative scale, I just like my toys about 11"- 14" inches tall. They're just more fun to me.

My girlfriend always says this, too. Anyway, I'd pay good money for that 1/48 VF-0. The shear size of such a display piece alone makes me want one.

You missed several of the flamewars^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H discussions about the relationship between the VF-0 and VF-1. Basically, the VF-0 is a completely different airframe designed to test technology, which has been pressed into service since the VF-1's nuclear engines aren't ready.

(The arguments are whether the VF-0 is supposed to test stuff for the VF-1 or for later, more advanced variable fighters. You can find them using the Search function...)

Ah, thinks for the clarification.

I was under the impression that it was essentially a VF-1 minus nuclear engines.

Apparently it's alot more. =p

YOu guys gotta realize the benefits of a 1/48 VF-0.

What good do those benefits do if one doesn't have the space or the money for something that big. The Zero is about the size of an F-14, and the 1/48 F-14 kit I have is one of the biggest space whores I have at about 3x the size of the 1/60 VF-1.

But then again that's just me, I don't really have a big need for perfect transformation or something the size of a frikin' dinner plate or a lawn gnome, just good detail and close line art accuracy. And bums like me can't afford expensive-ass toys.

and the poll resultws speak for themselves more people wnat this damn thing in 1./48.

Not really. Even if we accept the poll at face value, it currently shows a plurality of people wanting 1/48. But if you lump the 1/60 and 1/72 people together, there are more of them than 1/48 people. And there are a few people who don't care about the scale.

BTW, congrats to Valk-1S on his poll design. But I think a far more important question than "what is your preferred scale?" is "will you buy it if it comes out in X scale"? It would be good to add some assumptions, such as whether other scales will be available, whether it will have perfect transformation, and whether the price will be roughly commensurate with the absolute size of the toy given what we've seen so far. That means a 1/48 would be about 50-100% more than a 1/48 VF-1, a 1/60 about the price of a 1/48 VF-1, a 1/72 about the price of a 1/60 VF-1.

I predict that if you created a poll like this, assuming perfect transformation and that there will definitely only be ONE scale for the "high grade" VF-0, you'll find that nearly everyone finds the 1/72 and 1/60 scales acceptable, while only a minority would be willing to buy the 1/48, being content to own 1/100's or nothing.

So my guess is that the 1/48 would only make business sense if Yamato made two scales beyond the 1/100. Probably 1/72 and 1/48, in order to avoid having the "mid-grade" and "high-grade" lines compete with one another. But I really think we'll just see a 1/72 or 1/60.

Edited by ewilen

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol::rolleyes:

Mate , this threads are so friking funny :lol:

I want to play the game too ! look at me : I want everything in 1/48 damnit !!!

And the soon to be released expansion packs: I want everything in 1/60 damnit !!! and the I want everything in 1/72 damnit !!!

Haven't we been here before? <_<

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Mate , this threads are so friking funny  :lol:

And the soon to be released expansion packs: I want everything in 1/60 damnit !!! and the I want everything in 1/72 damnit !!!

At least they phased out the I want everything in 1/55 damnit !!! model.

Vostok 7

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Mate , this threads are so friking funny  :lol:

At least they phased out the I want everything in 1/55 damnit !!! model.

Vostok 7

Yeah but they just started the I want everything in 1/100 damnit !!! crusade... <_>

Yeah but they just started the I want everything in 1/100 damnit !!! crusade... <_<

Actually I would say it's more like the 1/100 is fine with me damnit!!! crusade.

I don't care what size it is, I just want transforming VF-0 toys.

Vostok 7

Yeah but they just started the I want everything in 1/100 damnit !!! crusade... <_>

Actually I would say it's more like the 1/100 is fine with me damnit!!! crusade.

LOL, just wait until Yamato announces the 1/144 Mac 0 Destroids... :p

Why is everyone assuming the 1/48 VF 0 would be so much more expensive than the current 1/48 VF 1 series.

If Yamato is selling the 1/48 scale better than their other scales chances are they would follow suit and charge the same pricepoint for a 1/48 VF-0.

There is a business model of sucess with the current 1/48 VF 1 series (2 models being reissued). That is not the case with the 1/60 and 1/72 line.

Shelf space? Wouldn´t it be worth consolidating your collection for something as cool and detailed as a 1/48 0, especally if it was the same price as the current 1/48s?

Shelf space? Wouldn´t it be worth consolidating your collection for something as cool and detailed as a 1/48 0, especally if it was the same price as the current 1/48s?

Consolidate space for one toy!?

My god man, are you insane?!

You must have 20, or none at all. That is the way of Macross.

And the 1/60 Monster or the Queadluun-Rau aren’t???

Why is it that everyone loves the idea of those two but the moment someone mentions a 1/48 VF-0 or YF-19 or some other large valk it’s oh no that would be too big I mean seriously a  VF-0 is not that much bigger it’s about the same size as a F-14 and companies make plenty of 1/48 scale versions of those.

It's not that I don't like it to be in 1/48 scale, it would be nice if it would. It's the first time for me having heard of a toy that big. (in a good way)

For a bigger scale though, I think 1/72 would be nice. 1/48 would be just way too big. And we know Yamato is ditching the 1/60's after the Monster and Q-Rau.

Vostok 7

Bigger scale: 1/72 (I'd say that would be just about right.)

I didn't know that they were goin' to ditch the 1/60's after the Monster and Q-Rau! :o Thanks for the 411.

Yeah, I didn't realize they were ditching the scale. That's too bad. I gues we're not getting Glaugs or Regults.

Anyway, my two cents would be 1/60 scale but if Yamato is truly ditching it then 1/72 is okay by me. At least they'd be in scale with the Mac Plus stuff. As nice as the 1/48 scale would be I'd prefer not to have to store the box for that sucker. :D

Why is everyone assuming the 1/48 VF 0 would be so much more expensive than the current 1/48 VF 1 series.

If Yamato is selling the 1/48 scale better than their other scales chances are they would follow suit and charge the same pricepoint for a 1/48 VF-0.

There is a business model of sucess with the current 1/48 VF 1 series (2 models being reissued). That is not the case with the 1/60 and 1/72 line.

One reason it would more expensive than a 1/48 VF-1 is because the VF-0

is bigger than the VF-1. The VF-0 is about the same size as a Macross Plus Valk. Why the VF-0 would be that big in Macross Zero doesn't make much sense continuity-wise.

The other is lack of variants. IIRC the VF-0 has only 2? Correct me if I'm wrong. The VF-1 has several and is the franchise mech. The VF-0 is barely two years old and most likely not as well known.

Shelf space? huh whats that? lol I'm running outta room as it is. Between NASCAR, Macross, LOTR, Berserk and other figures, I have stuff all over my house lol