Perfect Rei...

Vostok 7

So you got one already? How do I order from this american online retailer or from Diamond? Are they safe and reliable? Do they have anymore on stock?

i pre-ordered mine from akadotretail.com. i do not know if they have any extras or if they are still taking orders. i just know that they expect to have enough to fill pre-orders. i consider them to be pretty reliable.

To order from Diamond Previews you typically have to deal with a comic/hobby shop. However b/c the deadline for that issue has past you may have to wait until the item ships and see if a local shop ordered extras to sell.

As for TC (from the owner):

"I have not sent out the email yet, but I will send it soon. I have the stock reserved, but I noticed some of them already re-ordered."

"Also, regardless of whether we contacted each pre-order customer, we still ended up with way too much stock in the end."

"The people who had preorders do not need to resubmit. I am working on contacting each one. I just haven't figured out the most efficient way yet, but I have been working on a script to restore those orders back to their baskets. Once I get it to function as I'd like, the emails will go out."

So please put away the pitchforks. sometimes a little communication on both sides can go a long way.

Edited by MrDisco

lol somehow I knew something like that would happen.

OK I'm fine with that. The only question now is if the original pre-order price is going to be honored or if we are going to have to pay full price. I don't mind either way, but of course I would prefer to save a couple bucks.

Vostok 7

lol somehow I knew something like that would happen.

edit - i asked them about the pricing and will post back their reply.

also i have no affliation or gain anything from all of this. i'm just an EVA fan who wants to see people get their Rei figure :)

Edited by MrDisco

edit - i asked them about the pricing and will post back their reply.

also i have no affliation or gain anything from all of this. i'm just an EVA fan who wants to see people get their Rei figure :)

Well thanks for helping us.

I'm glad that it looks like they're going to work it out with us. It would have been nice though for them to at least give us a heads up so we didn't stumble on the site, say WTF they're in stock? and get all worked up... kinda like we did. A simple email that said "it looks like we're going to have enough of these to fill all our preorders, please stand by for more information" would have been more than enough to make alot of people happy.

Vostok 7

I received the e-mail from TokyoCentral and it seems that they are honoring their original pre-order price of $19.50 USD for those who preordered in December, so I went ahead and got me another one. I already had one coming from HLJ (lucked out when TC cancelled me the first time) so I'm pretty satisfied because I can now do a custom Asuka like what that guy did in the that pic.

I received the e-mail from TokyoCentral and it seems that they are honoring their original pre-order price of $19.50 USD for those who preordered in December, so I went ahead and got me another one. I already had one coming from HLJ (lucked out when TC cancelled me the first time) so I'm pretty satisfied because I can now do a custom Asuka like what that guy did in the that pic.

Me too. I guess we should have given them more time to send out notices before getting all worked up. It's great that they are honoring the original sale price too. I'll definately renew my order and maybe add something extra on as my way of saying "thanks!".

Basically I'm just really happy to be able to get this figure without any hassle. B))

No surprise here but TokyoCentral is already sold out... I guess almost everyone who pre-ordered still went through with getting theirs anyways.

while it may have been nice that they did, the owner was at one point considering shutting the entire shop down due to the stress and financial concerns over running the store. after reading alot of the posts i'm much more willing to cut her some slack. i mean heck would you rather that she kept the orders and then disappoint afterwards if the order was shorted? (which we all know can and does happen).

Dat Pinche "yeah seriously...i canceled my order with hlj since they doubted they'd get any in...and now this bull**** this is total bull!!!!!!"

i dont understand your post. you cancelled with HLJ b/c they said they couldn't fill their order and now you have another retailer who has stock available. so why the anger?

really i'm quite suprised by this.

i canceled it because i originally wasn't able to pay for it. but a guy i know who ordered the figure before i did got something from hlj saying that they weren't going to be able to complete his order...and out of frustration for getting my ordered cancled by ToykoCentral before...it wasn't really over hlj....just TC...sorry for the angry and incohierent post...

you know... i haven't recieved anything from TC yet saying that they're going to honor my original order...i seriously hope i get something soon because iv'e wanted this figure since december.

:( Same here...

Vostok 7

I got mine immediately after updating my order (after logging on to "my account"), and I did that an hour and half ago.

Are you guys sure you followed the email's instructions and updated your "order history"?

Edited by GDomino

I got mine immediately after updating my order (after logging on to "my account"), and I did that an hour and half ago.

Are you guys sure you followed the email's instructions and updated your "order history"?

wait... I got the email saying they would honor the order, and I followed the instructions and renewed the order, but haven't gotten any confirmation or anything.

Vostok 7

Ok....i did the ordering process so in my home computer, its at the "submit" screen. So there's a chance for me to still order this and not get it.....or maybe my cookie session timed out....and I have no chance to get it from Tokyo Central anymore. I was havcing doubts . since this is just a figure and the manga for US30 total when I can get other stuff like those pinky:st figures.....but now its sold out...bah....

We'll see how it goes. THere's that Kinokuniya pre-order i did 2 months ago which might not be confirmed.

ARGHHH!!! I called up Kino today and they made a mistake and thought I wanted the normal edition of the manga which doesn't come with the figure. WTF?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now only TMPanime can save me. :(

still no email from TC saying my order has been finalized.... <_<

if you have a concern with your order simply email them and politely ask what the status is.

they had ~100 odd units which they were sent unexpectantly. afaik the pricing was held to the pre-order amount for those who initially pre-ordered. b/c they had to purchase some stock from other retailers at street price new orders were charged the higher amount.

ARGHHH!!! I called up Kino today and they made a mistake and thought I wanted the normal edition of the manga which doesn't come with the figure. WTF?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

its an extreme long shot but try emailing tc and politely ask them if they have a spare rei set to sell you.

still no email from TC saying my order has been finalized.... <_<

if you have a concern with your order simply email them and politely ask what the status is.

they had ~100 odd units which they were sent unexpectantly. afaik the pricing was held to the pre-order amount for those who initially pre-ordered. b/c they had to purchase some stock from other retailers at street price new orders were charged the higher amount.

I did almost 2 days ago and I have yet to recieve any kind of reply from them. I'm just getting so impatient with them! :angry: For that reason I just ordered one elsewhere...If my order is honored with TC I'll most-likely just sell the figure to a fellow MW member or something.

TC appears to have a few more sets as they've re-added the buy button to the Rei/manga listing.

For those of you who renewed your order with TC, did you at least get an email confirming that your order was placed? I got a confirmation instantly. I haven't gotten anything saying my order was finalized or shipped, but not every store does that. My only concern now is how many anxiety filled days I'm going to have to wait before Rei shows up on my doorstep. :p